Posts with tag "Tribeca Film Festival"
- Posted May 3rd 2011 at 03:00 PM by Ben Trivett
Stephen Root, the man behind some of the funniest characters in Hollywood, is back with a new spot alongside Will Ferrell in 'Everything Must Go.' This is the tale of a man at the end of his rope who begins selling all of his possessions and lives on his lawn. We sat down for a few laughs with Stephen during the Tribeca Film Festival to talk about new films, old films, and just being an all...
- Posted May 3rd 2011 at 11:00 AM by Ben Trivett
Friday night was a night to remember as the cast of 'Janie Jones' took to the red carpet for their premiere. Not only did Abigail Breslin and Alessandro Nivola look stunning as they helped close out the 10th annual Tribeca Film Festival, they even got on stage at the after party for a performance. 'Janie Jones' revolves around a rock star father tasked with becoming a guardian to his young...
- Posted May 2nd 2011 at 02:30 PM by Ben Trivett
In the film, 'Roadie,' Ron Eldard is back on the screen as Jimmy Testagross, an out of work roadie for the band 'Blue Oyster Cult.' A seemingly simple tale is full of twists and turns as Jimmy (Eldard) returns to his Queens home where he encounters his aging mother, old flames, and an old nemesis. Throughout 'Roadie,' we get an in depth look at the life of a man who has spent his life on the...
- Posted May 2nd 2011 at 11:45 AM by Elizabeth Yun
Temptation and morality are at the forefront of writer and first-time director Massy Tadjedin's 'Last Night.' The film centers on a young married couple, played by Keira Knightley and Sam Worthington, who test their commitment to each other during a night away from each other. Following a jealous argument between Joanna (Knightley) and Alex (Worthington), Alex goes on a business trip with his...
- Posted Apr 29th 2011 at 12:00 PM by Elizabeth Yun
Their hard partying, Jack Daniels-swigging antics have been well documented in the press, but 'Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon' gives us a side of the band we have never seen before. Their story is a unique one: three brothers -- Caleb, Nathan and Jared Followill -- team up with their cousin Matthew Followill to form one of the biggest modern day rock bands in the world. But their path...
- Posted Apr 28th 2011 at 06:00 PM by Ben Trivett
Abigail Breslin and Alessandro Nivola take to the big screen to show off their musical chops in 'Janie Jones' at the Tribeca Film Festival. This on screen father/daughter duo tell the tale of a young girl left in the care of her touring rock star father. As the two spend more and more time together they eventually start to recognize Janie's (Breslin) own musical talent. We sat down with...
- Posted Apr 28th 2011 at 04:00 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
From a legendary director to a 'Twilight' beauty to the sitcom king, the stars came out last night to celebrate Tribeca Film Festival's tenth successful season at Vanity Fair's Deluxe party. And although the festival jury won't be making their final selections until the screenings end, they were all certain of one thing: the festival has become such a successful New York staple simply because it's...
- Posted Apr 27th 2011 at 03:00 PM by Ben Trivett
This year at the Tribeca Film Festival, Ozzy Osbourne will be featured in the Documentary, 'God Bless Ozzy Osbourne.' Jack Osbourne, producer for the film, and directors Mike Fleiss and Mike Piscitelli, team up to tell the great story of rock and roll legend, Ozzy Osbourne. Set with new and old interviews, we get to see the full picture of Ozzy as a musician, family man, and eventual TV...
- Posted Apr 26th 2011 at 04:31 PM by Elizabeth Yun
Most fans are accustomed to seeing Chris Evans donning spandex and, this summer, wielding a star-spangled shield as a superhero, but he burst into this year's Tribeca Film Festival as a different kind of hero. In the gritty drama 'Puncture,' Evans stars as Mark Weiss, a lawyer representing a nurse (Vinessa Shaw) infected with AIDS after accidentally puncturing herself with a tainted needle. Based...
- Posted Apr 25th 2011 at 05:43 PM by Elizabeth Yun
Tragedy rocks a small town in Gaby Dellal's 'Angels Crest,' which premiered at this year's Tribeca Film Festival. Thomas Dekker stars as a young father who makes a mistake with enormous consequences in this drama also starring Kate Walsh, Mira Sorvino and Jeremy Piven as the prosecutor who sets out to pin Dekker for criminal negligence. It was heavy material for the cast, who talked to PopEater...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine: I Learned to Sing in the Shower
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- North West's Latest Must-Have Accessory Revealed: See Kimye's Daughter Work Sunglasses
- Jessica Simpson's Little Black Dress Won't Overshadow Her Kids' Cuteness—See the Family Photos
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll