Posts with tag "U2"
- Posted Jun 23rd 2011 at 01:30 AM by Spinner Editors
Coming off the biggest, most profitable rock 'n' roll tour in history, U2 are sometimes considered the world's biggest band. But there's one thing they haven't done that most of the other "world's biggest bands" usually do, and that's headline major festivals. Thus, as odd as it may seem to say it, they might actually be a little unprepared for their headlining slot at Glastonbury this coming...
- Posted May 20th 2011 at 01:28 PM by AOL TV Editors
This morning on 'Good Morning America' (weekdays, 7AM on ABC), U2's Bono and the Edge were presented with a rather scathing review of their mega-musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' from the New York Times. The review, which said that "it may rank amongst the worst musicals ever made," had to sting a little, considering Bono and the Edge wrote the music for the show. But in a surprising twist,...
- Posted Apr 8th 2011 at 11:00 AM by John Mitchell
This weekend, when U2 takes the stage for the second of three shows at Sao Paulo, Brazil's Morumbi Stadium, the legendary band's '360' world tour will eclipse the Rolling Stone's 'Bigger Bang' road show to become the most successful tour ever, according to Billboard. 'Bigger Bang' pulled in $558 million during its 2005-07 run, and on April 10, '360' will push past that number. By the time it...
- Posted Mar 15th 2011 at 05:00 PM by Spinner Editors
- Filed under:
- Music News
Photos: Getty Images/WireImage Iconic rapper Jay-Z says he may be to blame for the delay of U2's long-promised studio album, 'Songs of Ascent.' Although the disc, which was first expected in 2010, could still be on target for release when the Irish rock giants' North American tour gets underway in May, time is running out to execute a proper publicity campaign. "One night I ran into...
- Posted Mar 9th 2011 at 03:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Julie Taymor's $65 million Broadway mega-production 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' has hit (a lot of) snags. And now, producers are telling the crew that she has "stepped down" even though she's still in negotiations about her contractual terms. "Taymor is out. She's left the building," the source told The Daily News. The show's opening night, March 15, is reportedly being delayed -- for the...
- Posted Feb 12th 2011 at 02:00 PM by Jason Newman
Will the initial round of arachnophobia among the nations' theater critics bring down 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,' director Julie Taymor's $65 million production set to open March 15? A slew of reviews were published earlier this week and the overall consensus was clear: the show is not exactly a critical darling, with reviewers calling it "a shrill, insipid mess," (Washington Post)...
- Posted Jan 18th 2011 at 11:55 PM by Spinner Editors
U2's Adam Clayton is a proud papa. A mole in the legendary band's camp has leaked the news to Ireland's Independent newspaper nearly a year after the famous bassist and his unnamed French girlfriend secretly became parents to a baby boy. Exact details of when Clayton's son was born and the boy's name have yet to be disclosed. According to the insider, the bassist "is deliriously happy with...
- Posted Dec 4th 2010 at 09:32 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Look out! Here comes...yet another bummer for Spidey! A third cast member in the beleaguered Broadway musical 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark' has been injured on the job. In recent weeks, a dancer broke his wrists attempting a flying stunt in rehearsal, and a different actor sustained injuries to his feet trying the same stunt. Now, a spokesman for Natalie Mendoza, who plays villainess...
- Posted Jul 14th 2010 at 03:29 PM by PopEater Staff
U2 frontman Bono has announced he's fully recovered from emergency back surgery he had in May. In a hand-held video posted on U2's website, Bono apologizes to fans who now must wait an extra year to see the band return to action but promises it will be worth the wait. "I can sit. I can stand. I can move around a bit. Feeling strong, feeling confident," Bono says as he walks around the recording...
- Posted May 21st 2010 at 11:04 AM by PopEater Staff
U2 frontman Bono underwent emergency back surgery after suffering an injury during the band's rehearsals for their upcoming world tour, his spokesperson announced on Friday. According to the statement, Bono "will spend the next few days" in a Munich hospital "before returning home to recuperate." There's no word just yet as to how this will affect the band's upcoming U.S. concert dates....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Halle Berry Now Has a Lingerie Line ? and It's Really Sexy
- Doctor in New York City Tests Positive for Ebola
- Lamar Odom Won't Sign Divorce Papers, Kardashians Haven't Heard from Him in Weeks
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- Celebrity trout pouts
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation