Posts with tag "Vulture"
- Posted Aug 24th 2010 at 01:46 PM by The Editors of Vulture
Our friends at Vulture have a word or two to offer about the term "awfulsome." It's where awful and awesome meet, rub up against each other, and birth something new -- something simultaneously good and bad. Katy Perry's ecstatically, enjoyably, endearingly hollow album 'Teenage Dream,' out today, is full of lyrics that embody this term -- awful lyrics that after repeated hearings (and, there...
- Posted Aug 19th 2010 at 06:45 AM by The Editors of Vulture
In a move that took host Jon Stewart by surprise, 'Daily Show' contributor Lewis Black professed his love for the book 'Eat Pray Love' last night. But he totally hates the new movie version starring Julia Roberts. Up next on 'The Colbert Report,' Stephen wonders why the freshly unretired Brett Favre hates his family so much, and wrapping things up on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live,' actor Jerry O'Connell...
- Posted Aug 17th 2010 at 11:51 AM by The Editors of Vulture
And so it begins: After turning down the volume just a tad over the summer, FOX is getting ready to sell the second season of musical mega-hit 'Glee' (which premieres September 21). Vulture has the first look at the campaign, which, in addition to showcasing Lea Michele's new bang-tastic do, takes a signature scene from the show's pilot and turns it into a symbol of Gleek Power. See the promo...
- Posted Aug 14th 2010 at 10:06 AM by The Editors of Vulture
As Wyclef Jean's campaign for the Haitian presidency continues, his track record as a public advocate for his native country will be carefully scrutinized: Were the accounting and tax issues reported for his Yelé charity truly honest mistakes, as Jean claimed, or something more nefarious? Has his celebrity-philanthropist status been a boon or a hindrance to others working for Haiti? Does he...
- Posted Aug 13th 2010 at 11:33 AM by The Editors of Vulture
Earlier this month, a call to arms on behalf of Sylvester Stallone's old guy blow-'em-up 'The Expendables' went out on the Internet, in the form of a movie trailer. The trailer chastised men: "You've been handing the keys to Hollywood to teenage girls and G.N.O," before identifying the Julia Roberts vehicle 'Eat Pray Love,' a film daring to open on the same day, as the enemy. It then exhorted all...
- Posted Aug 12th 2010 at 05:12 PM by The Editors of Vulture
This week's release of 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,' in which Michael Cera has to do battle against Mary Elizabeth Winstead's seven murderous exes, hopes to mine our collective, primal fear of the evil movie boyfriend: The guy who gets the girl -- or got her once -- but so totally doesn't deserve her. Of course, evil movie boyfriends come in different forms. Some are just popular high-school...
- Posted Aug 11th 2010 at 10:42 AM by The Editors of Vulture
Last night on 'The Daily Show,' Jason Bateman hinted at his displeasure with the marketing team behind his new movie, 'The Switch.' After wondering out loud why he hasn't seen very many posters or billboards for the comedy around town, Bateman then critiqued the fact that said poster makes it look as if he's smelling a cup of his own sperm. Up next on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live,' 'Modern Family's'...
- Posted Aug 9th 2010 at 05:36 PM by The Editors of Vulture
After a heated debates over who would be the next Captain America and who will portray the lead in 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,' the fine folks at Vulture needed something new to obsess over. Following in the bold tradition of Who Will Play Bella Swan? ('Twilight'), Who Will Play Lyra Belacqua ('The Golden Compass'), and, of course, Who Will Play Harry Potter?, Vulture sprung for the next...
- Posted Aug 9th 2010 at 10:19 AM by The Editors of Vulture
The summer TV blues feel a little less bluesy than usual this year, but they're still there. Yes, 'Mad Men' is back, but one show ain't enough. Given AMC's shimmering track record with the aforementioned affairs of Don Draper, as well as 'Breaking Bad,' the plodding, conspiracy-bound codebreaker show 'Rubicon' seemed like a safe bet. But then, in only its third hour, it slowly steamrolled into ......
- Posted Aug 3rd 2010 at 12:29 PM by Zach Dionne
Since Kanye West's inauguration into the Twitterverse last week, he's been posting relentlessly, with roughly half his tweets recounting lavish expenditures -- flights to Asia, so many clothes, 'Avatar' Blu-Rays and 13-foot screens to play them on, "baby mama jets." Thankfully our pals at Vulture put their number crunching skills to the test and totaled the cost of being Kanye this past week....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diem Brown Diagnosed with Colon Cancer
- JWoww Says No to Facial Plastic Surgery, Yes to Botox
- Inside Jill Dillard's Pregnancy News
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch the first 5 minutes of Lifetime's ?Unauthorized Saved by the Bell' movie
- More adult women play video games than teen boys ? will the industry act accordingly?
- Watch Joe Manganiello and the men of ?La Bare' play Never Have I Ever
- Modern Family's Julie Bowen Remembers the Time Her Kid Threw Up on Her Emmys Dress (No Joke!)
- Kim Kardashian Ignores Buttons, Lets Cleavage Bust Out on Trip to San Diego—and See North Feed a Giraffe at the Zoo: Cute Pics!
- Britney Spears' Woody Woodpecker Impression Is Spot On—Watch Her Hilarious Video!