Posts with tag "Wesley Snipes"
- Posted Dec 9th 2010 at 01:00 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Wesley Snipes began serving a three-year sentence at a federal prison in Pennsylvania on Thursday for failure to file income tax returns. Snipes, 48, arrived shortly before noon at the Federal Correctional Institution McKean in the tiny northwestern Pennsylvania town of Lewis Run, federal prisons spokesman Ed Ross said. He had been ordered to surrender by noon. The minimum security prison camp ...
- Posted Dec 8th 2010 at 06:24 AM by PopEater Staff
A defiant Wesley Snipes sat down with Larry King on Tuesday night to talk about his tax-related conviction and his three-year jail sentence, which is due to begin later this week. The 'Blade' actor told King he believes there were irregularities in his case and said he plans to file a request with the Supreme Court to review them. "We still have prayers out there, Larry, and we believe in mirac...
- Posted Dec 2nd 2010 at 09:25 AM by Jett Wells
The date is set for Wesley Snipes, and he's finally out of options. The 'Blade' hero was ordered to start his 3-year jail sentence for tax evasion on Dec. 9 at noon, AP reports. Snipes is scheduled to serve his time at a federal prison in Pennsylvania. Snipes, who has been free on bail since the 2008 conviction, has attempted to have his case overturned to no avail. Prosecutors in Snipes' ca...
- Posted Nov 19th 2010 at 03:45 PM by Sarah Crow
Wesley Snipes may be above the law as a vampire-hunter in the 'Blade' series, but in real life, the actor is in some big time trouble, Forbes reports. Prosecutors in Snipes' case alleged that the actor had not paid any taxes on the reported $38 million he earned since 1999, in addition to several misdemeanor offenses. Although the star was acquitted of more serious felony charges , a Florida ju...
- Posted Oct 12th 2009 at 03:09 PM by Jo Piazza
The IRS is hot on Nic Cage's booty since the Oscar winner (and 'National Treasure' star) allegedly owes $6 million in back taxes. Still, his failure to pay surely can't be due to a lack of funds, as he's worth an estimated $38 mil. Are there no decent accountants in Hollywood? After the jump, celeb watchers and accountants weigh in on Nic and other celebs stiffed the man! Meantime, rock out to...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner's Family All Support His Transition Decision, Says Source
- Why Did Arizona Get a 1000 Degree Forecast!?
- Disney-Inspired Cocktails For Adults Who Don't Want To Grow Up
- Steve Kroft's sexually explicit texts to mistress
- 'American Sniper' sets new Super Bowl weekend record
- Roseanne thinks Bill Cosby is guilty but still 'not the end' of his career