Posts with tag "Whip My Hair"
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 05:20 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
He may have gotten a haircut, but Justin Bieber proved that he can still whip it, surprising Willow Smith during her recent 'Whip My Hair' performance, PEOPLE reports. Touring as the 'Baby, Baby, Baby' singer's opening act, Smith was performing her fame-making hit when Bieber and her brother, Jaden, appeared on stage to show off their own head banging skills. Video of the prank shows a...
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 11:05 AM by Steve Baltin
YouTube is littered with cover versions of Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair.' But few have attracted attention like 18-year-old Illinois native Katie Gavin, whose acoustic, bluesy take on the pop hit has garnered more than 210,000 views. Praise from MTV's Buzzworthy was far from the end for Gavin's cover. Last week, Smith chimed in her approval of Gavin's version, telling PopEater in a video...
- Posted Jan 4th 2011 at 12:45 PM by Maggie Coughlan
Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair' became an instant hit as an awesomely danceable song with a flashy music video to match. But the Internet flood of parodies and tributes certainly didn't hurt. 'Sesame Street' characters singing along, scores of dancers and singers posting their own interpretations, a 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' scene featuring Will Smith seeming to groove to 'Whip My Hair' --...
- Posted Nov 17th 2010 at 04:30 PM by Jett Wells
It's official. Whatever Willow Smith follows up 'Whip My Hair' with will have a hard time living up to that catchiest of catchy songs. This week alone she got love from Girl Talk's 'All Day' and now Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Fallon have covered her on 'Late Night,' and it's only Wednesday. Fallon poses as Neil Young while he and The Boss (looking 1974'd up) give Willow's anthem its most manly...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 11:58 AM by Zach Dionne
'Whip My Hair' makes its television debut today along with Ellen DeGeneres' interview with Willow Smith. While we wait with bated breath to see the performance, the conversation segment is already online. "It's basically the new 'I'm me,'" a smiling Willow, who turned 10 on Halloween, tells Ellen of her hit single. "I'm me, I'm doin' what I wanna do." Willow said she almost panicked before...
- Posted Nov 1st 2010 at 03:00 PM by Rebecca Macatee
You know that you've had Willow Smith's catchy hit 'Whip My Hair' stuck in your head. You've probably even caught yourself whipping your own hair to the beat. YouTube videos of kids mimicking Willow's moves have gone viral and swept the nation. But before we round up all the cute 9-year-olds we know and get them reenacting Willow's headbanging moves, we thought we'd check with a professional on...
- Posted Oct 18th 2010 at 07:00 PM by Zach Dionne
The 'Whip My Hair' video is here, and Willow Smith has transcended from Jada and Will Smith's 9-year-old kiddo to a legitimate star. Seriously -- the video stacks up to the incredibly catchy, Rihanna-sounding song with killer outfits, fun classroom dance pieces and, yes, tons of hair whipping -- with paint! The video was directed by Ray Kay, who also helmed the sensational shoots for Lady...
- Posted Oct 18th 2010 at 12:29 PM by PopEater Staff
All 9-year-old Willow Smith had to do was release a couple of lines from her song 'Whip My Hair,' and the viral world mashed her into a superstar in the blink of an eye. The phenomenon continues with another fun video mashup, this time mixed with an uber-positive 'Sesame Street' song called 'I Love My Hair' -- masterfully produced by Fraggle Roc Nation, natch. Nowadays, nothing can escape a...
- Posted Oct 9th 2010 at 05:00 PM by Jett Wells
It's been barely a month since Willow Smith became the hottest pint-size sensation with her smash hit 'Whip My Hair,' and she's already built an army of hair-whipping gal pals on YouTube. Little girls who look like they just left the playground made a dozen different original dance sequences to Willow's debut song, and these kids can whip it, whip it real good. It's going to be hard for Willow to...
- Posted Sep 17th 2010 at 01:15 PM by Steven Avalos
- Filed under:
- Music News
First things first: Yes, Willow Smith is 9 years old. And awesome. And when she hops out of bed, she turns her swagger on. Sure, she has famous parents in Jada and Will Smith, but that doesn't make her any less talented or any less signed to Jay-Z's label, Roc Nation. We've been jamming to 'Whip My Hair' since it unexpectedly dropped on the scene earlier this month and can't wait for the music...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Samantha Harris Is 'Elated' to Be Cancer Free
- You Have to See Renowned Concert Pianist Lang Lang Play Mozart - on a Baby Piano
- Meet the Secret Service K-9 Heroes Who Took Down the White House Fence Jumper
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Kevin Costner Shares a Kiss With Daughter Lily at Black and White Screening in Italy
- Sarah Hyland Talks Overcoming Adversity: People "Have to Go Through Things" to Become Who They Are
- Taylor Swift's 1989 Leaks Online—but Prepare to Face the Wrath of Her Fans If You Listen to It