Posts with tag "WhoopiGoldberg"
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 05:44 PM by PopEater Staff
'The View' got heated when Whoopi Goldberg defended Nevada Senator Harry Reid's racial remarks about President Barack Obama. Reid was accused of saying Obama would be a good presidential candidate even though he's African American -- using a word considered outdated to describe the president. "Negro is not a bad word. There are a lot of worse things he could have said," Goldberg says. The argument...
- Posted Dec 11th 2009 at 09:18 AM by PopEater Staff
Joy Behar made her paycheck Thursday during a Tiger Woods-related discussion on 'The View,' where she used her gift of comedic wordplay to call one of the golfer's alleged mistresses a "hooker." After Whoopi Goldberg referenced Rachel Uchitel in the growing Tiger scandal, the ladies began cross-talking before a ding! went off in Behar's mind: "Uchitel she's a hooker." Watch after the jump....
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 09:30 PM by Mike Hess
With word that Oprah Winfrey will be taking her ridiculously popular daytime talk show elsewhere (see story here), there's a massive void in the broadcast television world to be filled. Winfrey was always the one to score huge exclusive interviews, landing everyone from Sarah Palin to Tom Cruise to Mackenzie Phillips. So, assuming television execs will want to keep the daytime landscape as...
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 02:40 PM by PopEater Staff
Sir Ian McKellen stopped by 'The View' on Thursday for a friendly chat about his latest project, but ended up schooling Whoopi Goldberg on the difference between Dumbledore and Gandalf. After discussions about his TV series 'The Prisoner' and a semi-testy exchange with Elisabeth Hasselbeck about flu shots and government health care, McKellen got asked: "Are you coming back in 'Harry Potter'?"...
- Posted Sep 30th 2009 at 12:00 PM by Soraya Roberts
Outspoken comedienne and 'View' co-host Whoopi Goldberg has come out to defend filmmaker Roman Polanski, claiming that he did not commit "rape-rape." Goldberg was responding to the director's arrest in Switzerland on Saturday for a 30-year-old rape conviction. Polanski is facing extradition to the US after having fled the country in 1978 following his conviction, which involved a 13-year-old...
- Posted Sep 23rd 2009 at 03:37 PM by PopEater Staff
Whoopi Goldberg put Suzanne Somers' comments regarding the death of actor Patrick Swayze in her crosshairs on 'The View' on Wednesday, lashing out at the actress for recent comments in which she hinted that chemotherapy and not cancer is what killed the 'Dirty Dancing' star. Somers took to her blog to defend herself, saying she had no idea she was speaking to a reporter at the time, and that...
- Posted Sep 15th 2009 at 09:10 AM by PopEater Staff
With his passing, many Patrick Swayze fans are looking back at his greatest film achievements. His 'Ghost' co-stars are doing the same, with messages of grief referencing their collaboration. "Patrick you are loved by so many and your light will forever shine in all of our lives," Demi Moore wrote on her Twitter feed. "In the words of Sam to Molly: 'It's amazing Molly. The love inside, you...
Popeater Hot Topics
- President Obama Challenges Japanese Robot to Soccer Game
- Richard Gere and Kyra Sedgwick Convince New Yorkers They're Homeless
- Elizabeth Banks Takes Over PEOPLE's Twitter During Press Day for Walk of Shame
- Kevin Clash, voice of Elmo, cleared of sex abuse charges
- Human Barbie shares workout video, scary skinny pics
- ?Shatner's World:' Boldly going into theaters one night only
- Kate Middleton Sports Her Hair in an Updo Twice in 19-Day Tour, Only Wears One Australian Designer
- Model Cassi Van Den Dungen Slams Anorexic Criticism, Says She Loves Her "Bones"
- Kate Upton: I Was a "Little Uncomfortable" Filming Bikini Scene for The Other Woman: Find Out Why!