Posts with tag "Willow Smith"
- Posted May 15th 2011 at 12:38 PM by AOL Music Editors
- Filed under:
- Music News
Have a listen to the teaser clip of Willow Smith's next single, 'Rock Star,' and it's clear the 10-year-old 'Whip My Hair' singer is determined not to be a one-hit wonder. Following up on '21st Century Girl,' a snippet of 'Rock Star' has now been released, teasing its official upcoming release. The confident track underscores a behind-the-scenes video (watch below) of the rising star cavorting ...
- Posted Apr 30th 2011 at 01:47 PM by AOL Music Editors
Willow Smith and Lady Gaga were digital divas who won big at last night's MTV O Music Awards -- the inaugural awards show celebrating web-savvy recording artists and digital music accomplishments. Willow, age 10, won Most Viral Dance award for her hit 'Whip My Hair.' Lady Gaga, who holds the record for largest Twitter following (although she's tailed closely by Justin Bieber) won Must-Follow ...
- Posted Apr 3rd 2011 at 10:06 AM by Christine Fenno
Heidi Klum found herself going green, so to speak, as she took the mic on Saturday wearing Dolce & Gabbana (alongside Nick Cannon). And Jim Carrey, making a surprise appearance, reportedly almost slipped in green goo backstage before even more of it was dumped on his head onstage. As always, the Nickelodean's Kids' Choice Awards, a live and very slimy 90-minute ceremony (hosted for the ...
- Posted Mar 28th 2011 at 02:01 PM by Contessa Gayles
In an AOL Music video premiere, Willow Smith takes us behind the scenes for the making of her sophomore video release, '21st Century Girl.' In this exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, the super-confident starlet shows us how she put together her high-energy girl-power anthem. ...
- Posted Mar 24th 2011 at 05:20 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
He may have gotten a haircut, but Justin Bieber proved that he can still whip it, surprising Willow Smith during her recent 'Whip My Hair' performance, PEOPLE reports. Touring as the 'Baby, Baby, Baby' singer's opening act, Smith was performing her fame-making hit when Bieber and her brother, Jaden, appeared on stage to show off their own head banging skills. Video of the prank shows a ...
- Posted Mar 11th 2011 at 09:45 AM by Kelly Fisher
Some musicians might be intimidated to have Jay-Z as a boss in the recording studio, but not Willow Smith. The 'Whip My Hair' singer says the big-time rapper is helping her on her debut album. "Whenever I have a creative block, he's always like, 'Do what artists do when they have a block. Make a song about it,'" Smith told Kiss FM (via Digital Spy). She added that the 'Empire State of Mind' ...
- Posted Mar 7th 2011 at 04:11 PM by Zach Dionne
The '21st Century Girl' video is here, and just like that, we don't have to ask Willow Smith if she prefers acting or singing. In the new clip, Willow shows she's taking cues from the rest of her Hollywood family, starring in a heavily cinematic clip for her new single. Of course Willow still dances and sings her 10-year-old head off, having a blast the whole time. She also runs with wolves ...
- Posted Mar 6th 2011 at 02:03 PM by Christine Fenno
The big winner this year at the NAACP Image Awards was the Tyler Perry film 'For Colored Girls,' which was honored with trophies for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Supporting Actress (Kimberly Elise). Holly Robinson-Peete and Wayne Brady hosted Friday's ceremony in Hollywood. Prince announced the Best Actress winner, according to CBS News, and presented the prize to Halle Berry, who ...
- Posted Feb 28th 2011 at 10:29 AM by Zach Dionne
'21st Century Girl' has debuted, and Willow Smith is channeling her inner Rihanna and her inner awesomeness in equal measure. Yes, the 'Whip My Hair' singer has indeed followed up her debut single with a jam just as danceable and catchy, called '21st Century Girl.' And don't forget, she's still only 10 years old. The song, which premiered on Ryan Seacrest's show Monday morning, has spread ...
- Posted Feb 9th 2011 at 08:55 PM by Rebecca Macatee
The precociously fierce Willow Smith is playing the role of Annie in her father and Jay-Z's remake of the iconic musical, and the hair-whipping 10-year-old already has her dream Daddy Warbucks picked out. And the man Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's spawn deems worthy of playing her on-screen adopted father is none other than Brad Pitt, a real-life dad with six kids of his own. In an interview ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Prince William Comments on Nelson Mandela's Death: He Was 'an Extraordinary and Inspiring Man'
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out with Her Parents Post-Rehab
- Nelson Mandela Dies: Dignitaries and Stars Pay Respects
- Break Time: Is Sofia Vergara losing her curves?
- Kim Kardashian criticized for donating just 10 percent of ?charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Gym, Tan, Pokey? ?Jersey Shore' star's grand jury ?Situation'
- Remembering Madiba: Paul Simon, Bill Clinton, P. Diddy, more share thoughts on Nelson Mandela
- Morgan Freeman on Nelson Mandela, plus a tribute to Madiba with the actors who've played him ? VIDEO
- ?Sound of Music' live blog: Join in!
- Will Ferrell Hits the Dan Patrick Show: 7 Things You Didn't Know About Ron Burgundy
- Inside Adam Sandler's Star-Studded Holiday Party With Demi Moore, Julianne Hough and More!
- Ja Rule & Wife Deny Split Rumors by Posting a Kiss Photo and Flipping the Bird—Take a Look!