Posts with tag "World Cup"
- Posted Jul 12th 2010 at 07:23 AM by Bryan Alexander
One guy who wasn't glued to his television set when Spain took on Netherlands in the World Cup Sunday afternoon? Team USA star Landon Donovan. Donovan admitted to PopEater he had not watched the game on Sunday afternoon. He blamed it on a busy schedule -- and the fact that he still believes America should have been fighting for the championship. "It is hard to watch," Donovan, 28, said. "You ...
- Posted Jul 3rd 2010 at 10:00 AM by The Pop Chorus
The World Cup just might be the TV event of the summer. Legions of subversive American soccer fans and new recruits to "the beautiful game" have been held in rapture with the South African event for the past three weeks. Sadly, futbol-obsessed loved ones and roommates have been cutting into our readers' TV time. Here, three speak from our Pop Chorus -- they're missing 'House'! They'd die for ...
- Posted Jun 18th 2010 at 10:45 AM by Zach Dionne
Look, PopEater's got a fever, and the only prescription ... is more vuvuzela! You know, that plastic horn omnipresent in South Africa for the World Cup, bzzz-bzzzing from your TV speakers every second of every game? Here's an all-new, soccer-doctor prescribed update on the latest in vuvuzela-meets-pop culture ('Vuvuzela Hero'! 'Now! That's What I Call Vuvuzela'!), including PopEater's vuvuzela ...
- Posted Jun 15th 2010 at 01:11 PM by Zach Dionne
If you've caught any World Cup action since soccer's big dance kicked off Friday, you've heard the noise ... that interminable low drone emanating from the stadiums and speakers. BZZZ. BZZZZ!! It's the vuvuzela, South Africa's (and the Internet's) favorite stadium instrument, and some soccer fans' least favorite thing ever. The sound of the plastic horns has been likened to tireless bees ...
- Posted Jun 12th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Zach Dionne
The World Cup kicked off yesterday in South Africa, and celebrities are just as tuned in to the zeitgeist of "the beautiful game" as the rest of the world. "The Energy out here is STAGGERING!!!!!" Alicia Keys tweeted from South Africa. "Unbelievable unbelievable unbelievable!! I have a true connection w South Africa!! thank u 4 ur love! "I am a soccer fan, but the US-England is going to be ...
- Posted Jun 12th 2010 at 05:00 AM by Jason Newman
For an event that draws hundreds of millions of viewers from over 200 countries, FIFA's choice for an official World Cup theme song -- an anthem you'll soon be sick of hearing before, during and after every game -- is not a decision to be made lightly. It's been 30 years since FIFA started the tradition with the Andrew Lloyd Weber-penned 'Argentine Melody' and since then, artists as diverse as ...
- Posted Jan 5th 2010 at 08:44 AM by Sam Brand
Put down Vince Vaughn as the first major celebrity to marry in 2010. He tied the knot with fiancee Kyla Weber in a Jan. 2 family affair in Chicago. 3-D TV is coming this year. ESPN will throw the World Cup at your face this summer and a new 24/7 3-D channel will hit flatscreens in 2011. And exclusive dating site BeautifulPeople.com is catching flack for kicking out a few thousand users who went ...
- Posted Dec 4th 2009 at 06:42 PM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "April Ryan," "Miley Cyrus Tattoo," "Becky Griggs," and "Julia Corker" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight... ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Founding member of The Doors dies at 74, publicist says
- David Beckham announces retirement, who will take his place as sexiest athlete?
- When clothes don't cooperate
- EW's Bite of the Night: Submit your favorite quote from tonight's best TV!
- ?Dancing With the Stars': Season 16 finals are live!
- Ten reasons why ?Buffy the Vampire Slayer' kicks ass
- Angelina Jolie's Double Mastectomy: Dr. Oz "So Proud" of Actress for Confronting Health Risk and Taking Action
- The X Factor Adds Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio as Judges
- Beyoncé's Daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, Sits on Her Personalized Mini-Throne—See the Adorable Pic