Posts with tag "aaron sorkin"
- Posted Jul 4th 2011 at 09:17 AM by Christine Fenno
Aaron Sorkin ('The West Wing') has created a big break in the acting world for a member of the U.S. Kennedy political dynasty. Insiders say Kathleen "Kick" Kennedy, 23, daughter of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., has just been cast in Sorkin's HBO pilot 'More As This Story Develops.' The new project will reportedly co-star Olivia Munn, Emily Mortimer, Jeff Daniels, and Dev Patel ('Slumdog Millionaire), ...
- Posted Dec 8th 2010 at 12:20 PM by Sarah Crow
Aaron Sorkin is known for his work as a wordsmith, and his latest attack on Sarah Palin keeps with his tradition of clever and cutting remarks. Sorkin, who authored the acclaimed screenplay for recent box office hit 'The Social Network,' took to The Huffington Post to air his grievances about Palin's recent defense of her on-camera slaughter of a caribou on the most recent episode of 'Sarah Pal...
- Posted Oct 12th 2010 at 07:23 PM by PopEater Staff
After award-winning screenwriter Aaron Sorkin was basking in the back-to-back box-office success of 'The Social Network,' nay-sayers swooped in to rain on his parade, calling the movie misogynistic. With critics on the web arguing the movie portrays women unfairly, Sorkin had enough and addressed a specific commenter named Tarazza on Ken Levine's blog. "With the exception of 1 or 2 of them (Ras...
- Posted Sep 22nd 2010 at 06:45 PM by PopEater Staff
In the wake of Lindsay Lohan's much-publicized problems with cocaine, another Hollywood heavyweight is coming clean about his past struggle with the drug. Aaron Sorkin, creator-writer of 'West Wing' among other huge TV and movie hits, spoke with W Magazine about his battle with drug addiction, his trips to rehab and the inevitable relapses. On his addiction in the 1990s, Sorkin explains he neve...
- Posted Sep 15th 2010 at 03:00 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: After taking in an early preview of David Fincher's 'The Social Network,' aka the Facebook movie, several scary thoughts come to mind, including: A) Mark Zuckerberg comes off like an Adderall-fueled sociopath, and B) Justin Timberlake might actually get an Oscar nomination out of this. Without writing a full review or venturing into spoiler territory, here are some highlights everyone s...
- Posted Aug 22nd 2010 at 12:31 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Heard about that little website founded in a Harvard dorm room that soon made status updates, friend requests, and stamping "Like" on comments a daily part of modern life? 'The Accidental Billionaires,' Ben Mezrich's controversial book about the founding of Facebook, has been adapted into an already controversial movie, out this fall: 'The Social Network,' written by Aaron Sorkin, directed by Davi...
- Posted Nov 11th 2009 at 05:00 PM by Mike Ryan
Amanda Peet stars as Kate Curtis in Roland Emmerich's new apocalyptic thriller, '2012.' Kate, a single mother of two, must navigate her children through an obstacle course of the world imploding while also stroking the egos of both her ex-husband, Jackson (John Cusack), and current boyfriend, Gordon (Tom McCarthy), who are both along for the ride. Peet sat down with us in Midtown Manhattan to...
Popeater Hot Topics
- FROM TIME: See the 10 Best Outfits from Mad Men
- Daniel Craig Is the Ultimate Action Hero in New James Bond Spectre Trailer
- Michael Sam: 'I'm Not the Only Gay Person in the NFL'
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!
- Dr. Dre Didn't Want to Make Straight Outta Compton: I Was Nervous About ''Putting a Blemish on Our Legacy''—Watch!