Posts with tag "academy awards"
- Posted Feb 27th 2011 at 06:08 PM by PopEater Staff
'Winter's Bone' star Jennifer Lawrence was coined the woman everyone wants to dress, by The New York Times, on Oscar Sunday. And the minute she stepped onto the red carpet, it was easy to see why. Lawrence was stunning in a stark red Calvin Klein gown. Her makeup was perfect, and she wore no necklace or visible earrings. Her simple and sexy look was enough to make E! hosts Ryan Seacrest, Giulia...
- Posted Feb 26th 2011 at 05:02 PM by Christine Fenno
Ricky Gervais isn't letting any lingering controversy over his inflammatory Golden Globes material stop him from suggesting some new jokes for Sunday's Academy Awards. Kidding around with readers of his official website, Gervais posted a sample monologue he wrote for Oscar hosts James Franco and Anne Hathaway, including a wisecrack he'd have Franco make about his own nominated performance: "You...
- Posted Feb 20th 2011 at 01:52 PM by Christine Fenno
Is there a new Joan Rivers in town? After her recently finalized divorce from Kelsey Grammer, 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' star Camille Donatacci Grammer is moving on, and ready to talk -- about Hollywood style, anyway. Grammer, 42, has been hired as a fashion commentator to help cover the Academy Awards' red carpet for CNN's live Oscar arrivals special, 'Showbiz Tonight: Road Gold.' ...
- Posted Jan 26th 2011 at 12:20 PM by Jo Piazza
Comparing this year's pool of Academy Award nominees to last year's, one major difference is evident: the obvious lack of minorities among the contenders. In fact, this year represents the whitest group of Oscar contenders in the major acting categories in 10 years, since the 73rd Oscars. "These are some seriously white Oscars, I can't lie. I kind of imagined Mo'Nique wanting to go all 'Preciou...
- Posted Jan 25th 2011 at 01:26 PM by Stacy Jenel Smith
The gang over at Pixar is celebrating its 'Toy Story 3' Academy Award nominations today, most notably for Best Picture. "Lee Unkrich [director] and I called each other, and John Lasseter [executive producer] at 5:45," producer Darla K. Anderson tells PopEater. "We were all whooping it up and texting each other. It's really fun." Anderson says that watching the nominations being read was a nerve...
- Posted Jan 25th 2011 at 08:50 AM by PopEater Staff
'The King's Speech' rules the 83rd Annual Academy Award nominations -- with nods for best picture, best actor, best supporting actress and best supporting actor. Get the list of nominees!...
- Posted Dec 20th 2010 at 02:58 PM by Jett Wells
James Franco is such a rebel. When Entertainment Weekly asked the actor about his Oscar-hosting gig, he said he didn't want to do it at first but then was encouraged by the fact that everyone around him thought it was terrible idea. In short, he decided he didn't care what people thought. "When we finally met and discussed it in person, all my representatives were saying, 'No! Of course not!'" ...
- Posted Dec 17th 2010 at 01:20 PM by Jett Wells
Anne Hathaway is already putting her stamp on the 83rd Academy Awards by inviting the famed chorus from a New York City public school to perform. On Thursday, the refreshing Oscar co-host surprised the pint-size sopranos at P.S. 22 during their holiday concert. The choir kids, who are a hit on YouTube, exploded once a beaming Hathaway walked into the auditorium. Soon after, the actress gave the be...
- Posted Nov 30th 2010 at 05:15 PM by Jett Wells
The Academy shocked the world Monday by injecting some much-needed young blood into Oscar night by hiring upstart talents Anne Hathaway and James Franco to lead the 83rd show. In light of the surprise, PopEater needed to see what everyone on the street really thought about the selections. Turns out, a lot goes into picking a great host, including one's dance skills, their singing chops and even ho...
- Posted Nov 29th 2010 at 12:31 PM by Jett Wells
- Filed under:
- Awards -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- WTF -
- Hottest Stories -
- Anne Hathaway -
- James Franco
James Franco and Anne Hathaway are hoping for some Oscar season magic this year, but what they didn't anticipate was hosting the show entirely. Franco and Hathaway are going to helm the 83rd Academy Awards show on Feb. 27, according to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Twitter. "OFFICIAL: James Franco & Anne Hathaway to host #Oscars. Tweet them your advice! #Hosts#Oscars," the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Best Celebrity Food Photos of the Week
- What's the Most Awesomely Bad Outfit Candace Cameron Bure Ever Wore on Full House?
- Amal Clooney Speaks Out After Egyptian Al-Jazeera Conviction: The Verdict 'Sends a Very Dangerous Message'
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- MSNBC cuts back on Katrina coverage due to Brian Williams?
- Marine asks Ronda Rousey to Marine Corps Ball
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Kylie Jenner and Tyga at West Hollywood Nightclub—See the Photo!
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Cute Photos With Baby Son Reign as Scott Disick Hangs Out With Kylie Jenner & Tyga
- Robin Wright & Ben Foster Split and Call Off Their Engagement Again