Posts with tag "adele"
- Posted Jun 21st 2011 at 03:00 AM by Spinner Editors
Adele has been ordered by doctors to stop singing and avoid talking for at least a month as she seeks to recover from laryngitis, according to reports. The singer, whose '21' album returned to the top of the Billboard chart last week, was forced to cancel her North American tour earlier this month after her condition showed no sign of improvement. She wrote on her official website at the...
- Posted Jun 8th 2011 at 04:05 AM by Spinner Editors
Adele has sparked an online backlash over her recent comments surrounding the amount of tax she has to pay. In a recent interview with Q, the 23-year-old ranted about having to hand over 50 percent of her earnings to the tax man. She said (via Metro), "I'm mortified to have to pay 50 percent! [While] I use the NHS, I can't use public transport any more. Trains are always late, most state...
- Posted Jun 3rd 2011 at 06:20 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
After canceling five shows last week, British singer Adele was forced to cancel the remaining dates of her North American tour due to sickness, the Associated Press reports. The 23-year-old singer is suffering from laryngitis. In a statement released Friday, the 'Rolling in the Deep' singer said she is "really frustrated" but "there is absolutely nothing I an do but take the doctor's advice and...
- Posted Jun 1st 2011 at 03:47 PM by Spinner Editors
Adele's one-woman invasion of the U.S. and Canada has hit a brief snag as she has come down with laryngitis. The British singer pulled out of a show in Salt Lake City on May 29 at short notice, before postponing gigs in Vancouver, Seattle and Portland. Her tour is set to resume in San Francisco on June 4. Adele's website explains that she cancelled a show in Minneapolis last week after she...
- Posted May 11th 2011 at 12:00 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Now that Adele is 'Rolling in the Deep' when it comes to her bank account, her ex-boyfriend is claiming that he inspired her debut album, '19,' and deserves a cut of the profits. "For about a week he was calling and was deadly serious about it," she told The Sun. "Finally, I said, 'Well, you made my life hell, so I lived it and now I deserve it.'" With song titles like 'Cold Shoulder' and...
- Posted Apr 18th 2011 at 10:10 AM by Kiki Von Glinow
In tomorrow night's episode, Adele is getting the 'Glee' treatment. Gwyneth Paltrow will cover the Brit singer's 'Turning Tables' off of her new album, '21.' Gwyneth killed her performance of Cee Lo Green's 'Forget You' during her first appearance on the FOX show and now has Gleeks everywhere begging for her to be a regular at William McKinley High. And now that she's romancing Mr. Schu, they...
- Posted Apr 15th 2011 at 03:05 PM by Boombox Editors
In the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone magazine, Grammy-winning British singer Adele reveals that Beyonce's alter ego Sasha Fierce helped her overcome her performance anxiety. The voluptuous 'Rolling in the Deep' singer said that she was inspired not only by Beyonce's fierce twin, but by a chance meeting with the singer, who told her she had the voice of God. "I was about to meet Beyonce and I...
- Posted Apr 14th 2011 at 12:45 PM by John Mitchell
Earlier this year, British soul singer Adele surprised just about everyone when her sophomore album, '21,' debuted atop the Billboard 200 album chart with an astounding 352,000 copies sold -- the biggest debut of any album this year. This week, '21' claims another title: first album of 2011 to go platinum. According to Billboard, Adele topples Britney Spears' 'Femme Fatale' to reclaim the pole...
- Posted Apr 14th 2011 at 05:30 AM by Christo Varghese
Singer Adele is on the cover of the latest issue of Rolling Stone and in the magazine the British singer shares her views on her looks, weight and the drama surrounding her life. Adele reveals that she does not worry too much about what she looks like or her fluctuating weight. "My life is full of drama and I won't have time to worry about something as petty as what I look like," she says. ...
- Posted Mar 31st 2011 at 03:30 PM by Maggie Coughlan
YouTube's not just for cat videos anymore -- the site has earned some music industry cred in recent years for launching the careers of pint-sized greats like Justin Bieber and Greyson Chance. Connie Talbot isn't all that different from her predecessors, except for the fact that when Chance and Bieber were her age, they were playing with toys while Talbot was playing with her gold records. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- American Idol Sends Home a Top 12 Contestant
- Indian Acid Attack Survivor Finds Love - and a Job as a TV News Anchor
- Cameron Diaz Talks Racy Sex Tape Scenes with Jason Segel: 'We Had Each Other's Backs'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Khloe Kardashian: What happened to her face?
- ?Booger' brings back all things 'Nerd' for a whole new generation
- ?Reign' react: The royal wedding
- ?American Idol' 2014 results: The Top 12
- Miley Cyrus calls out Katy Perry on Twitter over concert kissing controversy
- Scandal's Steamy Makeout, The Vampire Diaries Loses Two Fan Favorites and More OMG TV Moments!
- American Idol Elimination: Find Out Who Was Voted Off—Plus, Harry Connick Jr. Defends His "Harsh" Critiques
- Amber Heard Flashes Ring While on the Red Carpet With Fiancé Johnny Depp