Posts with tag "alec baldwin"
- Posted May 16th 2010 at 12:20 PM by PopEater Staff
Alec Baldwin busted out his 15th hosting stint for 'Saturday Night Live' last night, tying Steve Martin's record and bringing his hilarious, diverse acting chops to some seriously raucous sketches. In the '30 Rock' star's opening monologue, he joked that his record puts him "14 shows ahead of Ms. Betty White." Baldwin used his recent NYU commencement speaking gig as inspiration for the monologu...
- Posted May 14th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Zach Dionne
Tomorrow night, Alec Baldwin becomes the second person to host 'Saturday Night Live' 15 times, tying his recent Oscar host pal Steve Martin. With a knack for raunchy skits ('Schweddy Balls' or 'Wii Guys,' anyone?), Baldwin has carved an 'SNL' niche so memorable, he nabbed his own 'Best Of' DVD, a rare privilege for non-cast members. In Playboy's profile of the 52-year-old star, the magazine opi...
- Posted Mar 7th 2010 at 08:12 PM by PopEater Staff
Double the Best Picture nominees, double the Oscar hosts. After a jazzy song intro courtesy of Neil Patrick Harris, Martin and Baldwin were lowered down from the ceiling and immediately began roasting the stars in the audience. "Meryl Streep holds the record for most nominations as an actress, or as I like to think of it, the most losses," joked Martin. They continued to joke about Gabourey ...
- Posted Feb 12th 2010 at 06:47 AM by PopEater Staff
After a stressful day filled with phone-fights with his daughter, a brief hospital visit and '30 Rock' shoots, Alec Baldwin lost his composure Thursday in a confrontation with a photographer camped outside his home. The Emmy winner angrily grabbed New York Post snapper Tim Wiencis by the collar after spotting him outside his New York City apartment, yelling "this guy! this guy!" as he rushed him, ...
- Posted Feb 11th 2010 at 07:01 AM by PopEater Staff
'30 Rock' actor Alec Baldwin was rushed to a New York City hospital overnight after his daughter thought he was being unresponsive, according to various reports. A law enforcement official told the Associated Press that Baldwin and 14-year-old Ireland had been arguing, and she told 911 that he had threatened to take pills. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity. According to various a...
- Posted Feb 9th 2010 at 12:30 PM by Steven Avalos
With 'The Wolfman' terrorizing its way into theaters Friday, we couldn't help but wonder whether or not the film's producers really needed to shell out for all those expensive CGI effects on Benicio Del Toro. We're in a recession, after all, and there are plenty of actors in Hollywood who are more than hairy enough to fit the 'Wolfman' bill without all the costly add-ons. Comb through our list ...
- Posted Dec 17th 2009 at 05:00 PM by Scott Harris
When you think of performers who can both sing and act, a few names spring instantly to mind. Queen Latifah. Jennifer Hudson. And, of course... Daniel Day Lewis? Okay, so the famously intense method actor may not be known for his vocal prowess, yet that hasn't prevented him from baring his musical soul on the big screen in the upcoming musical feature 'Nine.' Which shouldn't come as too much o...
- Posted Dec 15th 2009 at 03:55 PM by Brooke Tarnoff
As the decade draws to a close, we wonder: what could be more representative of the last ten years than the phenomenon of viral video? In the early days of the '00s, amazing moments caught on tape were sent around as email attachments, but with the advent of YouTube in 2005, alerting your friends to the best videos was as simple as copying and pasting a quick link. We'll always remember the ...
- Posted Dec 14th 2009 at 09:11 AM by Jo Piazza
In the new romantic comedy for the aged, "It's Complicated," Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin become embroiled in an AARP-style love triangle. Martha Stewart recently weighed in on what it was like to see the 51-year old Baldwin getting jiggy on the screen. "He's fat and he's naked," Stewart said with a look of shock and even a little disgust on her face. That made us wonder about...
- Posted Nov 14th 2009 at 11:00 AM by Laura Ferreiro
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Eats -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Health Issues -
- TV News
What could inspire Alicia Silverstone to strip naked in an ad, Natalie Portman to blog passionately and Morrissey to walk off stage at a festival? The answer might surprise you: vegetarianism. Countless actors, rock stars and folks from all walks of life have decided to take meat off the menu and go veggie for an array of reasons as colorful as their personalities....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stephen Fishbach's Survivor Blog: Good Naked, Bad Naked and a 'Classic Overplay'
- Chelsea Handler Takes to Twitter to Deny Having Breast Implants
- Christopher Plummer to Be Immortalized Outside the TCL Chinese Theatre
- Glen Campbell's two oldest children fighting wife for control of affairs
- Chris Brown's girlfriend Karrueche Tran dumps him after learning he's a dad
- Bruce Jenner told daughters about transition in front of cameras, report says
- Jenelle Evans' Fiancé Nathan Griffith Arrested For Domestic Violence
- Benji Madden Delivers the Sweetest Messages (and Cutest Puppy) to His "Bae" Cameron Diaz While On the Road
- This YouTube Star Can Sing "Uptown Funk" Beginning to End Using Family Guy Voices—Watch Now!