Posts with tag "american idol"
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 06:55 AM by Kelly Fisher
The show must go on, and Lauren Alaina almost learned that the hard way. The 'American Idol' contestant barely made it on stage for the season finale of the hit singing show due to laryngitis. According to Us Weekly, Alaina's voice was in such bad shape Tuesday they had recently-booted contestant Haley Reinhart in rehearsals in case Alaina had to withdraw from the competition. However, the...
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 12:45 AM by AOL TV Editors
It was a night of wall-to-wall music on a special Tuesday installment of 'American Idol'. With but a single hour to pack in three rounds of competition between Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina, there was hardly time to even get judges' comments, much less create emotional moments. For the third round, though, Alaina managed to do just that with a perfectly suited song. Jimmy Iovine chose...
- Posted May 25th 2011 at 12:15 AM by AOL TV Editors
It was a packed hour as 'American Idol' kicked off its finale week one night early. Assuming everybody remembered to tune in, they were treated to three songs each by the finalists, and even a special performance by a former 'Idol' winner. The final round of singing featured new songs that would become the respective singles of Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina should they win the...
- Posted May 24th 2011 at 09:29 AM by AOL TV Editors
Randy Jackson snuck away from 'American Idol' during this finale week to sit down with 'Chelsea Lately.' Chelsea Handler took the opportunity to talk to him about the new judges and ask his predictions for the finale. "They're a little bit warmer, a little bit sweeter," Jackson said of Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez. He intimated that it might be because they are current artists, and perhaps...
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 01:25 AM by AOL TV Editors
Haley Reinhart certainly had a memorable opening number for this semi-final performance episode of 'American Idol'. She became the first contestant to perform during the show with a family member on stage when her father joined her on Led Zeppelin's 'What Is and What Should Never Be.' He proved a consummate guitarist and a professional all around. Poor Haley, either flummoxed by her father's...
- Posted May 12th 2011 at 05:47 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Style -
- American Idol -
- Music News -
- Sex That's SFW -
- TV News -
It wasn't just her larger than life comments that made for an interesting 'American Idol' appearance, Lady Gaga didn't try to tone down her wild style for the family friendly show either. 'Idol' producers had their hands full censoring the pop star, from the profanities coming out of her mouth straight down to her toes. Gaga showed up sporting a pair of her signature sky-high heels -- only this...
- Posted May 12th 2011 at 12:45 AM by AOL TV Editors
Jimmy Iovine summed it up best on 'American Idol' when he said, "Scotty McCreery. Lady Gaga. I couldn't think of a better fit." The two are coming from such opposite ends of the spectrum, it was bound to be uncomfortable when they collided during Gaga's mentor stint this week. McCreery did a lot of awkward laughing, smiling and doing the best he could to look anywhere but directly at Gaga....
- Posted May 8th 2011 at 08:27 AM by Christine Fenno
The 'X Factor' judging panel is complete, with the final chair to be filled by Paula Abdul, who just closed the deal in last-minute negotiations, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Abdul will take her seat alongside Simon Cowell, reuniting the former 'Idol' stars once again. Cheryl Cole and Antonio 'L.A.' Reid have already been named as the other 'X Factor' judges. Meanwhile, Pussycat Doll...
- Posted May 6th 2011 at 01:30 AM by AOL TV Editors
It's down to the wire now on 'American Idol'. With only five contestants left, each of them had two solo performances in the performance show. For most of them, this proved to be a blessing as they were able to nail at least one of their songs. Haley Reinhart had a shaky start, according to the judges, with an unreleased Lady Gaga song. But she closed the show with an amazing take of 'The House...
- Posted May 5th 2011 at 01:05 AM by AOL TV Editors
When her performance began it was just Haley Reinhart, a stool and her voice. Sheryl Crow suggested she begin her take on 'The House of the Rising Sun' a cappella and it turned out to be a bold and powerful suggestion as Reinhart stole the show on 'American Idol'. It can be advantageous to perform last on a show that opens the lines to public voting as soon as you finish, and Reinhart took...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Watch Robert Pattinson's Girlfriend FKA Twigs Dance & Sing in New Commercial
- Tom Colicchio on His Favorite Top Chef Moment
- Mother Who Lost Kids in Christmas Day Fire Tells Oprah She Doesn't Blame God (Video)
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- When Taylor Swift's ?Out of the Woods' meets ?Circle of Life,' everything makes sense
- Watch Air New Zealand's ?Hobbit'-inspired safety video
- Watch the trailer for Ridley Scott's ?Halo: Nightfall'
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!
- Duggars Support Pro-Life Political Candidates With "Faith, Family, Freedom" Bus Tour—See the Pics!