Posts with tag "americanidol"
- Posted Jan 28th 2010 at 03:00 PM by PopEater Staff
The search continues for 'American Idol' contestant Angela Martin's mother, who mysteriously disappeared in a south Chicago suburb on Dec. 26. "We haven't heard anything yet," Martin tells PEOPLE. "The detectives have been calling my sisters and myself, and just keeping us informed. They say they are still just looking and asking us more questions, if we know anything but her friends are callin...
- Posted Jan 26th 2010 at 08:01 PM by Rob Shuter
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Grammys -
- American Idol -
- Movie News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
Now that Simon Cowell is leaving the world of 'American Idol,' the show that he helped turn into the wildly-successful beast that it is today is taking shots at the king of insults. Simon's never-on-time habits are now being leaked to the press now that he's jumping ship, and expect lots more Simon slams to come! Details on the Simon situation, plus scoop on Brangelina and Jay Leno's rep-saving 'O...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2010 at 03:26 PM by PopEater Staff
'American Idol' alum Bo Bice and his wife Caroline welcomed their third son. Ean Jacob Bice arrived Thursday at 10:30 a.m., weighing in at 8.5 lbs., the season four runner-up announced via Twitter. "Welcome To Life My Son, U Make Us Proud," Bice wrote. Baby Ean joins big brothers Caleb James, 17 months, and Aidan Michael, 4. The 'Idol' alum announced the pregnancy back in June at a fan club gat...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 04:24 PM by Rashod Ollison
When you risked your life in the 1960s, marching for civil rights that young folks now take for granted, you typically don't give up trying to reach them. One strategy is to write an insanely catchy ditty about self-respect called 'Pants on the Ground.' And what better way to reach people -- millions of people -- than to perform it on 'American Idol'? That's exactly what General Larry Platt did...
- Posted Jan 14th 2010 at 10:01 AM by Amber James
No one can deny that General Larry Platt created the best water cooler moment from last night's 'American Idol' auditions. If anybody in the Atlanta crowd deserved 15 minutes of fame on national television, it was Platt. The 62-year-old, who took part in the Civil Rights Veterans Movement in 1963, gave Randy Jackson, Simon Cowell and Kara DioGuardi a comic relief after a long day of auditions when...
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 04:39 PM by Mike Hess
With word that Simon Cowell is leaving 'American Idol' after this season to start 'The X Factor' in the U.S., the fate of the 'Idol' juggernaut is uncertain. If Cowell wants to, he could offer up some stiff competition to his 'Idol' alma mater, leaving the show with a big "how do we compete against Simon?" conundrum. However, if he plays nice, he could work closely with FOX and 'Idol' on how to di...
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 03:42 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Simon Cowell, the lovably cantankerous music expert, is officially leaving 'American Idol' after this current season. The biggest star on TV's biggest show will depart in 2011 to begin his role as the face of 'The X Factor,' the show he created in Britain that he has plans to make a hit in the States. FOX will air 'Factor' as well, so Cowell is staying on the network. Cowell and top Fox executi...
- Posted Jan 7th 2010 at 02:00 AM by Rob Shuter
With Simon Cowell on the brink of ditching 'American Idol' to take the throne of 'X-Factor,' insiders tell me that executives have figured out a way to ease him out of the conversation this year -- focus on Ellen. Brilliant! Nice is the new mean in 2010, and unlike Simon, you know we're always more nice than naughty. After the jump, more details on Simon's shrinking 'Idol' role, plus George Stepha...
- Posted Jan 5th 2010 at 08:22 AM by PopEater Staff
Katharine McPhee certainly knows how to rekindle the McPheever that infected everyone during her 'American Idol' days. The starlet already unveiled her new blond 'do to PopEater a few months ago, and now she's showing off more -- as you'll see in her performance on 'The Tonight Show.' The formerly brunette songstress flaunted more than her voice to Conan O'Brien thanks to a remarkably revealing to...
- Posted Jan 3rd 2010 at 08:56 AM by PopEater Staff
He stole the hearts of women across America with his guitar and dreads, but Jason Castro is now off the market. The former 'American Idol' contestant -- who finished fourth on the seventh season of the show -- married his girlfriend Mandy Mayhall in a ceremony Saturday near his hometown of Dallas, PEOPLE reports. The 22-year-old Castro and Mayhall announced their engagement in November. The ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Big Bang Theory Pays Tribute to Leonard Nimoy
- Lourdes Leon Has a New Septum Piercing (PHOTO)
- Real Housewives of Melbourne Star Jackie Gillies Talks New Ladies, New Fights in Season 2
- Harrison Ford reported engine failure before crash-landing on golf course
- Indie rock band Ex Cops calls out McDonalds for not paying bands at SXSW showcase
- Susan Sarandon reportedly splits from boy toy
- Harrison Ford's Son Says Actor Is ''Battered but OK'' After Scary Plane Crash: ''He Is an Incredibly Strong Man''
- James Franco Pokes Fun at PDA Pic Featuring Him and His...Assistant! (Whom He's Not Dating, People)
- Rihanna Teases New Sexy Song ''Higher'' on Instagram—Listen!