Posts with tag "americas got talent"
- Posted Jun 16th 2010 at 11:28 AM by Zach Dionne
Before absolutely owning her 'America's Got Talent' audition last night, Alice Tan Ridley had only a few claims to fame: She's the 58-year-old mother of Oscar-nominated 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe, and she's a dedicated New York City subway performer. "My daughter is a big star, but I'm still pursuing my dream, which is to become a great singer," Ridley said on the show. And sing great sh...
- Posted Jun 13th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Nicki Gostin
Howie Mandel has been very busy. The 54-year-old stand-up comedy veteran became hot all over again hosting 'Deal or no Deal.' Last year, he wrote a New York Times best-seller, his alternately hilarious and bracingly-honest memoir 'Here's the Deal: Don't Touch Me,' touching on his often crippling obsessive-compulsive disorder. Now he's back on TV as the new judge on 'America's Got Talent,' replacin...
- Posted May 4th 2010 at 01:54 PM by Gary Susman
After the rags-to-riches success story of Gabourey Sidibe over the last year, can a similar Cinderella moment be far behind for her mother? The 'Precious' star's mom, veteran New York City subway performer Alice Tan Ridley, auditioned recently for 'America's Got Talent.' According to Radar Online, the R&B singer says she thinks she did well and hinted that we're likely to see a lot of her o...
- Posted Nov 5th 2009 at 03:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Sharon Osbourne went on an unfiltered rant about 'Britain's Got Talent' contestant Susan Boyle on Sirius XM's 'The Opie & Anthony Show' and her comments got pretty catty. "She is a lovely lady. You just want to say 'God bless' and here's a Gillette razor," Osbourne said. She continued to blast Boyle's looks by adding, "[God] gave her the talent. But he hit her with a f****** ugly stick." Wa...
- Posted Sep 17th 2009 at 07:26 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
She wasn't even a competitor on the show, but Susan Boyle arguably stole the finale of 'America's Got Talent' Wednesday night. Making her U.S. television singing debut, Boyle sang a version of the Rolling Stones' song 'Wild Horses' and even spoke briefly about her hospitalization following her loss on 'Britain's Got Talent.' "I've never felt so tired. I look back at it now and it was a necessit...
- Posted Aug 28th 2009 at 07:45 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
Susan Boyle sit down, there's a new foreigner who has a ton of 'Talent.' 'Ukraine's Got Talent' winner Kseniya Simonova does something we've never seen before -- drawing in the sand. Set to music, Simonova depicts the invasion of Ukraine by Germany in World War II. Watch It ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Atlanta Officer Critically Injured After Responding to Wrong Home
- FROM TIME: Supreme Court Rules Against Kentucky Clerk in Gay Marriage Case
- Why Seattle Uber Users Were Riding Around Town Mad Max-Style
- Celebrities' real names revealed!
- Comic Jon Rudnitsky joins 'Saturday Night Live' cast
- President to take wilderness trip with Bear Grylls