Posts with tag "amy poehler"
- Posted Jun 15th 2011 at 07:00 PM by AOL TV Editors
What happens with you throw Amy Poehler, Jenna Fischer, Kaley Cuoco, Lea Michele, Julie Bowen and Teri Hatcher into a room together? Hilarity. The aforementioned funny ladies gathered as part of The Hollywood Reporter's Emmy Roundtable series to discuss their big breaks, best moments and those bad jobs everybody in the industry seems to have had. In the video, Poehler attributes the success ...
- Posted May 26th 2011 at 06:30 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
'Parks and Recreation' star Amy Poehler gave the commencement address to Harvard University's class of 2011 on Monday--and the speech was poignant, wise and very, very funny. "I tried to write today's speech the way I wrote everything in college: I stayed up all night, typing on a Canon word processor while listening to Sir Mix A Lot," she admitted. Poehler shared personal anecdotes and some...
- Posted May 6th 2011 at 08:00 AM by AOL TV Editors
New Jersey invaded 'Late Night,' along with several of Jimmy Fallon's former 'Saturday Night Live' castmates. It was a veritable reunion of some of the late-night sketch show's power women with Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Rachel Dratch all making cameos. The video short was an obvious spoof of 'Jersey Shore,' featuring Fey and Poehler as two new girls coming into the club with some very different...
- Posted Apr 21st 2011 at 11:20 AM by Zach Dionne
TIME magazine's 100 issue is out, and there's a host of celebrities in the mix. Oprah Winfrey is on the list for the eighth time (that's every year the TIME 100 has existed, for those keeping track), as well as young guns like Justin Bieber, 'Glee' star Chris Colfer, Bruno Mars, and 'Parks and Recreation' star and producer Amy Poehler. One great tradition of the TIME 100 is stars writing testim...
- Posted Apr 11th 2011 at 08:37 AM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- TV News
The GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles last night celebrated the many milestones of equality for gay and lesbians that have been made in the past 12 months. Hosts Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones stole the spotlight with a one act skit mocking the federal government's continued stalemate to move forward on granting full rights to gays and lesbians in the military with the re-appeal of "Don't Ask...
- Posted Mar 3rd 2011 at 10:21 PM by Nicki Gostin
The delightful Amy Poehler stars in NBC's 'Parks and Recreation,' a mockumentary that pokes fun at local government, specifically the earnest folks of Pawnee, Ind. The brilliant comedian, an alum of 'Upright Citizens Brigade' and 'SNL,' is married to the equally brilliant Will Arnett and is the mother to Archie and Abel. She spoke to PopEater about the "chaos" in her boy-filled household, dealin...
- Posted Jan 27th 2011 at 07:00 AM by AOL TV Editors
Jimmy Kimmel happily shared a hideous photo of Amy Poehler when she visited 'Jimmy Kimmel Live.' In the picture, a younger Poehler is wearing a headband and candy striper's uniform. She appears to be leaning against an old metal headboard, posing with a bouquet of flowers. The comedian cackled and explained the embarrassing image. "In my 20s ... to make money, we would either give blood o...
- Posted Oct 5th 2010 at 03:39 PM by Nicki Gostin
Will Arnett and Amy Poehler could be the funniest couple today, but Arnett says family life is a lot more mellow than one would assume. While in the middle of shooting his new show 'Running Wilde' with Keri Russell and David Cross on FOX, Arnett spared some time for PopEater to talk about being a dad, his obsession with Howard Stern and news on the highly anticipated 'Arrested Development' movie. ...
- Posted Sep 26th 2010 at 01:43 PM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
Pop music fans know Katy Perry as a sassy-sweet California Gurl, a red carpet eye-popper, a staunch defender of fiance Russell Brand and, this week, as a 'Seseame Street' reject whose garb was too sexy for broadcast. Now, meet Maureen DiChico. While Perry was in the 'Saturday Night Live' studios to be the season premiere's musical guest, she bounced (and bounced) onto the faux set of 'Bronx ...
- Posted Sep 26th 2010 at 09:42 AM by PopEater Staff
- Filed under:
- TV News
Looking smashing after delivering baby No. 2 in August, 'Parks and Recreation' star Amy Poehler returned to her old stomping grounds in midtown Manhattan to host the season premiere of 'Saturday Night Live,' using her monologue to recall a harrowing, stagefright-induced dream she had. Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon ('Weekend Update' co-anchors before Poehler got promoted to the big desk) snuck onsta...
Popeater Hot Topics
- RHOA: Phaedra Parks and Apollo Nida Share the Iciest Hug of All Time
- So, Has Rosie Perez Met a White Man Who Can Jump?
- Inside Lance Bass & Michael Turchin's Wedding: the Venue, Menu and Celeb Guests
- Now that the ?Report' has ended, reacquaint yourself with the real Colbert
- Mike Myers brought back Dr. Evil on ?Saturday Night Live'
- Hackers Threaten to Release Iggy Azalea's Alleged Sex Tape If She Doesn't Apologize to Azealia Banks
- Diane von Furstenberg Selects Official DVF Global Brand Ambassador—Find Out Who She Hired!
- The Affair Boss Explains Stunning Finale and What's Ahead in Season 2 (More Narratives!)