Posts with tag "amy winehouse"
- Posted Jun 19th 2011 at 02:48 PM by Christine Fenno
Amy Winehouse arrived in Belgrade to launch a comeback tour this weekend, and proceeded to slur and sway through an anemic performance one Serbian publication called "the worst" concert that locals have ever seen. Tickets were considered exorbitant in a region where citizens earn some of the lowest wages in Europe. A backup singer took over lead vocals on songs she was struggling with, and boos...
- Posted Jun 2nd 2011 at 08:50 PM by Tracey Harrington McCoy
After just one week of treatment, Amy Winehouse has checked out of rehab, the Associated Press reports. The singer was seeking treatment in London. Winehouse's rep, Chris Goodman said she was looking forward to touring Europe this summer and "raring to go." He also said the 27-year-old will continue her treatment at the Priory Clinic as an outpatient. The Priory Clinic offers treatment for a...
- Posted Jun 1st 2011 at 12:30 AM by Spinner Editors
Amy Winehouse has received a stark warning from doctors treating her for alcohol abuse at the Priory, reports say. According to The Sun, the singer must quit alcohol for good or face a bleak prognosis. A source was quoted by the tabloid saying, "It's the last chance saloon for Amy. Doctors have come down hard on her because of the severity of her situation. It's a harsh reality but she had to...
- Posted May 27th 2011 at 04:10 AM by Christo Varghese
It looks like Amy Winehouse has fallen off the wagon -- again. The Sun is reporting that a bedraggled Winehouse was seen downing a miniature bottle of vodka at the liquor counter of a shop in London on Thursday morning, just before checking in for treatment at a rehab center. An eyewitness recalled the troubled singer's condition in the store. "She seemed out of it. She was stumbling about,...
- Posted Mar 9th 2011 at 09:45 PM by Keith Murphy
Even among folks within the jaded, seen-it-all music industry, last week's stout first-week record sales by critically acclaimed vocalist Adele managed to leave many observers genuinely stunned. The U.K. soul singer, who shot atop the Billboard 200 album chart with her sophomore work, '21,' sold a staggering 352,000 copies. Propelled by the wailing gospel-tinged hit 'Rolling in the Deep,' Adele...
- Posted Jan 12th 2011 at 11:00 AM by Sarah Crow
Tony Bennett may have begun his career more than 60 years ago, but the octogenarian legend hasn't let time keep his style from evolving. The New York Post reports that Bennett is gearing up for a duet with soul sensation Amy Winehouse, whom Bennett claims is a big fan of his work. Bennett confirmed, saying, "We're working on partnering up to record a duet together, but it's still in the...
- Posted Nov 6th 2010 at 04:00 PM by Sarah Crow
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Style -
- Troublemakers -
- WTF -
- Amy Winehouse -
- Taylor Swift -
- Matthew McConaughey -
- Zach Galifianakis
Taylor Swift is the latest in a long line of celebrities to create a signature scent and we're extremely curious to know about the singer's choice of smells. Swift, who looks very much like a baby powder and peonies kind of girl, amused audience when, during a recent interview, David Letterman told the star, "Please don't take this the wrong way, but you smell like expensive wood." While we're...
- Posted Oct 6th 2010 at 11:00 PM by Spinner Editors
- Filed under:
- Music News
It's been quite some time since Amy Winehouse was in the headlines because of her music, but on Tuesday night, Oct. 5, the singer surprised patrons at her local pub in Camden, North London, by performing an unannounced six song set, reports the BBC. Winehouse's past antics at the Hawley Arms in Camden have been well documented, but it was for the right reasons that she left an impression on...
- Posted Jul 19th 2010 at 02:33 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
From Angelina Jolie's maternal instincts to Madonna's desperate attempt to recapture her youth, PopEater brings you the sartorial successes and big messes from the red carpets of Hollywood. This week, we catch the as-of-late-invisible Amy Winehouse, who's appearing a bit worse for wear. We'd heard rumors that she was clean now, but after seeing these photos we're not too sure. We also take a...
- Posted Jul 7th 2010 at 07:20 AM by PopEater Staff
Amy Winehouse made a surprise appearance last night at Mark Ronson's gig at London's 100 Club, but that doesn't mean she's even close to releasing a new record. While her label claimed a new album from the British soul singer would hit shelves before the end of 2010, Ronson tells UK's Daily Mail, "Amy hasn't begun working on her next record yet. When she's got 10 songs, we'll go down to the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Julia Roberts, Mark Ruffalo Shine in The Normal Heart Trailer
- See This/Skip That: From Transcendence to Heaven Is for Real
- Tatiana Maslany Is TV's Hardest-Working Star (She Plays 8 Characters!)
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- ?Salem' review: ?American Horror Story' lite
- ?Devious Maids': Five ideas for plot twists this season
- ?Parks and Recreation' and babies: What will happen to the show?
- Pregnant Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Shares Makeup-Free Selfie While Getting Pampered at Spa
- Newly Engaged Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg Pack on the PDA During Date Night in NYC
- Meet Joan of Shark, Quite Possibly the Biggest Great White Shark Ever Discovered