Posts with tag "anderson cooper"
- Posted Jan 1st 2011 at 02:11 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Well, she made it without cursing on camera, anyway! After she dropped an F-bomb during last year's New Year's Eve broadcast with co-host Anderson Cooper, Kathy Griffin rang in the new year by celebrating her survival of what she deemed 'Yank Watch 2011' -- as CNN reportedly welcomed her back for a return engagement only under the condition that she watch her language, or be literally pulled off ...
- Posted Nov 28th 2010 at 09:04 AM by Christine Fenno
His '60 Minutes' interview with Lady Gaga won't air until the night of the 2011 Grammy Awards, but Anderson Cooper isn't holding back about one of the most memorable moments of their recent sit-down. Or maybe he's happy that he remembers it at all! Cooper told The Insider that when he hung out with the Grammy-winning provacateur in England to shoot their Q&A, she had her own ideas about how ...
- Posted Oct 12th 2010 at 08:35 AM by Rob Shuter
Is Anderson Cooper being a tad two-faced by slamming the "gay" slur by Vince Vaughn in 'The Dilemma,' but at the same time seemingly letting Eminem breeze through an interview last week for '60 Minutes'? Sources in the TV industry and at Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) certainly think so. "It was very bad timing for Anderson to cause such a fuss about the ['Dilemma'] ...
- Posted Oct 10th 2010 at 02:22 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Earlier this week, in a televised discussion about the cultural signals that encourage cruelty and bullying among teens, CNN's Anderson Cooper took the upcoming Vince Vaughn comedy 'The Dilemma' to task for its trailer's offensive use of the word 'gay' in a prominent scene. After criticism of the studio escalated, Universal told GLAAD (the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) this week ...
- Posted Oct 8th 2010 at 07:27 AM by PopEater Staff
Anderson Cooper won't be seeing 'The Dilemma.' In a discussion with Ellen DeGeneres, Cooper took issue with the movie's trailer, in which Vince Vaughn's character uses the word "gay" in a derogatory fashion, although he never named the actor or the actual film. "I was sitting in a movie theater over the weekend and there was a preview of a movie, and in it, the actor said, 'That's so gay,' ...
- Posted Oct 1st 2010 at 06:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Anderson Cooper received some good news this week: CNN signed him up to a multi-year contract extension for his nightly newscast, 'AC360,' and it was also announced that the silver-haired newsman will launch his own daytime talk show next fall that will cater to women and stay-at-home types. The unnamed show will cover social trends, entertainment and human interest topics, Telepictures ...
- Posted Mar 30th 2010 at 11:15 AM by PopEater Staff
More bad news for CNN: According to the NY Times, the most trusted name in news experienced yet another ratings hiccup during the first quarter of 2010, with headline programs like 'Larry King Live' and 'Anderson Cooper 360' down about 50 percent in viewers. ...
- Posted Mar 17th 2010 at 11:20 AM by PopEater Staff
CNN journalist Anderson Cooper graces the cover of Outside Magazine's April "Adventure" issue and reveals that while covering the recent earthquake in Haiti, he couldn't sit back like some journalists. Instead, he dug into the rubble to start saving lives. "To be in a place before relief workers are there: That presents some unique challenges. You suddenly find yourself in a situation where, ...
- Posted Mar 1st 2010 at 10:01 AM by PopEater Staff
In mid-2011, Katie Couric's five-year contract at CBS News will expire, and network executives appear to be exploring a "Plan B" if she departs after her oft-rocky tenure in the anchor's chair. According to the New York Times, that backup plan could very well be CNN host Anderson Cooper, who reportedly met with CBS execs months ago about anchor opportunities at the network. ...
- Posted Jan 30th 2010 at 06:31 AM by Amber James
Earlier this week PopEater's Rob Shuter brought up a great question: How do you replace Regis Philbin? Although the show has been testing many great potential new hosts while Philbin underwent his recent successful hip replacement, none of them have been able to fill his huge shoes. Despite speculation that a woman might move into the 'Live!' seat, PopEater readers on Facebook and Twitter showed ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- PEOPLE Editors Pick the Four Best Gowns of This Year's Cannes Film Festival
- Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, Stars of Extra Virgin, Fuse Tofu & Berries for Summertime Treat
- Will Smith Raps Fresh Prince Theme Song with Son Jaden - and Dances with Alfonso Ribeiro!
- NYPD investigating Amanda Bynes' allegations of sexual assault
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?