Posts with tag "andy griffith show"
- Posted Oct 5th 2010 at 10:00 PM by Pat Gallagher
Barney Fife. That's all one has to say out loud to get a big laugh. Don Knotts brought this lovable, bumbling sitcom character to life on 'The Andy Griffith Show' in 1960. The audience got to know him so well, that he became a television favorite almost immediately, and, now, 50 years later, millions of loyal fans still can't get enough of the skinny, high-strung deputy sheriff who gets "sinking...
- Posted Sep 22nd 2010 at 04:10 PM by Pat Gallagher
Ron Howard has no doubt made a name for himself as the A-List director of big-budget films including 'Apollo 13' and 'A Beautiful Mind.' Television fans also remember Ron Howard "the actor" for his role as aw-shucks teenager Richie Cunningham in 'Happy Days' in the 1970s, but no doubt his most lasting role will forever be Opie Taylor on 'The Andy Griffith Show,' which he played with earnest simp...
- Posted Apr 30th 2010 at 09:00 AM by Marc Schneider
Betty Lou Lynn, the actress who played Barney Fife's girlfriend on 'The Andy Griffith Show,' moved to the small Virginia town that inspired Mayberry to get away from the crime and hassle of Los Angeles. On Sunday, she was robbed there, the Mount Airy News reports. Lynn, 83, that's Thelma Lou to fans of the show, was at a Carroll County, Va., shopping center when a man approached and grabbed her...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dustin Diamond's Stabbing Trial Begins with a Strange Misstep by His Lawyer
- Brantley Gilbert Takes a Motorcycle Trip with Combat Veterans - See the Pics
- It's Official: Lindsay Lohan Has Completed 125 Hours of Community Service
- Tracy Morgan settles suit with Wal-Mart over fatal crash
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans is wanted in Fla.
- Radio host in trouble for killing rabbit on air
- Zoe Saldana's Adorable Twins "Love" Marco Perego's Epic Dance Moves—See the Cute Pic!
- Dressing Like Kim Kardashian for a Week Gave This Elle Editor a ''Boost of Confidence''—but Those Clothes Are Tight!
- The Rock Is the ''Selfie King'': Should Kim Kardashian Be Worried?