Posts with tag "australia"
- Posted Sep 14th 2010 at 12:45 PM by Steven Avalos
Whenever a new season of 'Oprah' debuts, it's a pretty big deal. And it's safe to say the 25th and final season opener is the biggest deal of all. What started as a rival to the Geraldos and Donahues of the world has stood the test of time, morphing into a veritable empire for its hostess. Oprah Winfrey herself has become television's own golden calf, influencing everything from diet and spiritual...
- Posted Sep 14th 2010 at 07:50 AM by PopEater Staff
Oprah Winfrey announced this week that she's taking a plane full of fans on a trip to Australia, where she'll be taping several episodes of her talk show and shuttling her guests to various sights. The total cost of the trip is unknown, but Australian taxpayers will help foot the bill -- to the tune of $3 million ($2.7M USD), the nation's tourism minister said Tuesday. The trip is being carried...
- Posted Feb 23rd 2010 at 02:11 PM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Music News
Australian fans are in an uproar after watching Whitney Houston flub her way through a concert in Brisbane on Monday night. The 46-year-old diva reportedly took a break after just two songs, brought her brother onstage to hit her high notes and slurped from a water bottle through a closing performance of 'I Will Always Love You.' "She couldn't entertain a dead rat," one concertgoer told the...
- Posted Feb 1st 2010 at 12:26 PM by PopEater Staff
British pop star Lily Allen is making headlines once again, but rather than hitting the top of the charts, she's hitting the ground, and hard. While performing at the Big Day Out Festival in Perth, Australia, the singer collapsed, much to the amusement of her handlers, who were photographed smiling and laughing while trying to escort Allen to her car. While Allen's dishevelled appearance and...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tweet & Eat! Here's What Your Favorite Stars Are Eating & Drinking Right Now
- Inside the Dallas Easter Egg Hunt Specially Designed for Visually Impaired Kids
- Prince George Spends Easter at Australian Zoo
- Man given suspended jail sentence for stealing Peter Frampton's luggage
- Donald Trump and Jon Bon Jovi mentioned as buyers for Buffalo Bills
- Neil Patrick Harris curses fan who interrupts Broadway performance
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism