Posts with tag "avatar"
- Posted Jan 24th 2011 at 11:59 AM by Zach Dionne
James Cameron's 'Avatar' sequels may hit theaters by Christmas of 2014 and 2015, the director tells Entertainment Weekly. "I am in the process of writing the next two 'Avatar' films now," Cameron says. "We are planning to shoot them together and post them together, and we will probably release them not quite back to back, but about a year apart. Christmas '14 and '15 is the current plan." EW...
- Posted Dec 19th 2010 at 11:30 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
In 2010, Hollywood went bonkers for 3-D, hoping (and often failing) to emulate the runaway success of 'Avatar.' But attention, fans of James Cameron's 2009 blockbuster, because there's more Pandora -- and Jake Sully -- on the way, in the form of an upcoming sequel. "We've been discussing that with Jim," Sam Worthington told Moviefone from the set of his new film, 'Man on a Ledge.' "He had some...
- Posted Jul 19th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
You think you loved Avatar? Well there's no way your ardor could have matched the near-obsession of the few movie watchers who live the film every day of their lives. The Peruvian Amazon is about as close to Pandora as can possibly exist on this planet and in June, the 3-D phenomenon finally made it to the Amazon port city, Iquitos -- a metropolis of about 700,000 reachable only by plane and...
- Posted Apr 13th 2010 at 02:45 PM by Dino Sossi
You can fight city hall, even if the battle is deep in the rain forests of Brazil. Hollywood mega-director James Cameron believes Brazil's Amazon rain forest is the climactic setting for an 'Avatar'-like battle between indigenous people and a giant hydroelectric project, reports the Telegraph. "I'm drawn into a situation where a real-life 'Avatar' confrontation is in progress," said Cameron,...
- Posted Mar 25th 2010 at 03:06 PM by Zach Dionne
No one watches 'Titanic' expecting the ship to stay afloat, and no one insults Glenn Beck without anticipating a retort. "I did call James Cameron the Antichrist, and I contend that he may be, but only because of the Celine Dion song [in 'Titanic']. Horrific," Beck said on FOX News, his usual sardonic air intact. "But the best part is, this guy has carried this joke around with him for three...
- Posted Mar 5th 2010 at 11:32 AM by Dino Sossi
Singer Katy Perry will be featured in a film based on the 'Smurfs.' Perry is in negotiations to voice the role of Smurfette, one of those huggably blue creatures created by Belgian cartoonist Pierre Culliford in 1958, reports Variety. Others attached to the project include Neil Patrick Harris from 'How I Met Your Mother' and British actor Alan Cumming. The movie will combine live-action footage...
- Posted Mar 4th 2010 at 06:55 AM by PopEater Staff
Who knew that James Cameron was such a good sport? The 'Avatar' director says that he has no problem with skits poking fun at his kinda-sorta-successful movie this year at the Oscars, despite a story yesterday claiming Oscar producers yanked a Sacha Baron Cohen skit out of fear of upsetting Mr. Cameron. "If they want to poke fun at 'Avatar' Sunday, that's OK by me," Cameron told E! Online. ...
- Posted Mar 3rd 2010 at 07:24 AM by PopEater Staff
If there was anyone who could fall into the "too racy for the Oscars" category when it came to writing a skit, Sacha Baron Cohen sits at the top of the list. So it's no surprise that the man behind raunchy-yet-hysterical alter egos like 'Borat' and 'Bruno' had his skit vetoed from this weekend's Oscars telecast. Why? Because it apparently contained some jokes directed at 'Avatar' director James...
- Posted Feb 23rd 2010 at 03:20 PM by PopEater Staff
At this point, 'Avatar' wouldn't be the same without Sam Worthington playing the lead. But director James Cameron recently revealed to the L.A. Times that he initially wanted to cast Matt Damon or Jake Gyllenhaal -- who both turned down the role. Wonder if they're regretting that right now? ...
- Posted Feb 6th 2010 at 03:34 PM by Dino Sossi
His heart will go on. And on. And on. And on. Actress Linda Hamilton, one of James Cameron's four ex-wives (!), reveals some of the many challenges in being married to the hard-charging director of 'Avatar', reports the Daily Mail. "'Titanic' was the mistress he left me for," said Hamilton. Hamilton starred as Sarah Connor in the first two 'Terminator' films and started dating Cameron...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry's Boyfriend, Diplo, Is Going to Be a Dad Again (Spoiler: It's Not with Katy)
- George Lopez Says He Was Mistaken for a Housekeeper at N.Y.C. Hotel
- Cat Gets Drunk to Avoid Antifreeze Poisoning (No, Really)
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- Heidi Montag discusses Renee Zellweger's appearance
- The problem with collecting comics
- This Week on Stage: ?Disgraced' is anything but, Keira Knightley preps her Broadway debut
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!