Posts with tag "avatar"
- Posted Feb 4th 2010 at 06:27 AM by PopEater Staff
With 'Avatar' having already racked up over 2.05 billion dollars worldwide, it comes as no surprise that director James Cameron sees a sequel coming soon. "I haven't started thinking about the story yet, although I have a general story arc for it," Cameron said during 'Larry King Live' on Wednesday night. "But we have had some technical discussion of how we would do it." During the interview, ...
- Posted Feb 3rd 2010 at 01:53 AM by Sam Brand
OK, this is random. Totally random. We've put together a little collection of tweets about this year's ten Academy Award nominees for Best Picture: totally random people, from totally random countries, tweeting possibly random things about the best flicks of 2010. Stereotyping generally isn't cool. Matthew McConaughey isn't into trucks just 'cuz he's from Texas. And Hungarians don't hate 'Avatar' ...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 08:39 AM by PopEater Staff
The 2010 Oscars nominations were announced this morning, and sci-fi shoo-in 'Avatar' and the war-on-terror thriller 'The Hurt Locker' lead the Academy Awards with nine nominations each including Best Picture. Other nominees in the best picture category include: 'Blind Side,' 'District 9,' 'An Education,' 'Inglorious Basterds,' 'Precious,' 'A Serious Man,' 'Up' and 'Up in the Air.' The 82nd Oscars ...
- Posted Jan 17th 2010 at 09:40 AM by Sam Brand
What's Sandra Bullock going to wear tonight?! You should be thinking about more important things, like how you're going to make money off tonight's Golden Globes. Who is Vegas picking to win Best Picture (Drama)? That would be 'Avatar' & 'Up in the Air.' But we don't think that's where the smart money is. The odds are out, the favorites are marked, and a few underdogs are poised to make a ...
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 01:05 PM by Sam Brand
Yankees playboy Derek Jeter is finally settling down. He and 'Friday Night Lights' star Minka Kelly are on deck to get hitched. Same goes for Canadian crooner Michael Bublé and Argentinian bombshell Luisana Loreley Lopilato de la Torre. It's not all peace and harmony on the internet today. Many are arguing 'Avatar' is racist. This is What You're Searching For Today... ...
- Posted Dec 29th 2009 at 06:43 AM by PopEater Staff
John Mayer is insisting that James Cameron was wronged by the man seeking his autograph on an 'Avatar' poster at LAX. After TMZ posted a video of an alleged "fan" being snubbed by the famous director, Mayer wrote a nearly 1,000-word essay on his blog titled 'The Anatomy of a Smear: How The Reigning King of Special Effects Got Caught in One,' which defended Cameron's actions. According to the ...
- Posted Dec 17th 2009 at 08:02 AM by PopEater Staff
The stars of 'Avatar' hit the blue carpet on Wednesday at the film's Hollywood premiere, but as always, celebs not actually IN the flick were out in full force to pose for cameras. The British press is calling out Leona Lewis -- who wrote the movie's theme song -- for her stunningly bejeweled ensemble, and we couldn't help but note the presence of 'The Hills' star Audrina Patridge, in a fitting ...
- Posted Dec 15th 2009 at 12:23 PM by Sam Brand
Another day another Tiger Woods mistress. Theresa Rogers, a 40-something blonde bombshell is the latest to be attached to the embattled golf superstar. And she gets named just a day after shady Canadian doc Anthony Galea, who made several house calls to Tiger's lair, is revealed to be under investigation for providing performance-enhancing drugs to professional athletes. In totally unrelated news, ...
- Posted Dec 4th 2009 at 10:01 AM by PopEater Staff
British pop singer Leona Lewis snagged the theme song for James Cameron's highly anticipated film 'Avatar' - and PopEater snagged the exclusive debut of the tune, called 'I See You.' Lewis told us, "James and I spoke about the meaning and emotion of the song. He showed me clips from the film which gave me insight into the characters and this whole other world that he had created. The song ...
- Posted Aug 28th 2009 at 09:03 AM by PopEater Staff
The mysterious trailer for the James Cameron film 'Avatar' is getting the old 'Downfall' treatment, continuing one of our favorite Web trends in which a tense scene from the film 'Downfall' showing Adolf Hitler screaming at his officers in the last days of World War II is made much lighter thanks to comical subtitles. Watch the side-by-side comparisons below, and many other 'Downfall' viral ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Eleanor Parker of The Sound of Music Dies at 91
- Watch: The Muppets' Swedish Chef Battles Gordon Ramsay in an Epic Food Fight
- The Latest Star to Get Hair Extensions Is ... Daniel Radcliffe? See the Photo!
- 'The Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91
- Break Time: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' inspires racy lingerie line
- Candace Cameron Bure: 'I'm not going to get naked, and I'm not going to have sex scenes'
- ?The Sing-Off': The best little a cappella show returns
- Britney Spears is right: 5 reasons ?Chaotic' is her worst career move ever ? VIDEO
- ?Time' 2013 Person of the Year finalists: Miley Cyrus, President Obama among top 10
- The Voice's Top 5 Take the Semi-Finals Stage, Sleepy Hollow's Fall Finale's Shocking Reveal and More OMG TV Moments!
- Lea Michele Releases Preview of Debut Single "Cannonball"—Plus, Check Out Her Album Cover for Louder!
- Gavin Rossdale and 24-Year-Old Daughter Daisy Lowe Enjoy Park Date in London—Take a Look!