Posts with tag "bafta"
- Posted Feb 15th 2011 at 03:55 AM by Christo Varghese
Colin Firth reportedly got so drunk after his BAFTA win on Sunday night that he allegedly left the award at a bar. Firth received the leading actor award for his role in 'The King's Speech,' at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards. The Daily Star reports that the 50-year-old actor drank so much champagne at a post-BAFTA bash that he left his trophy at the bar and went home. ...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 06:00 PM by Moviefone Editors
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTAs) are announcing their annual prize-winners at this very moment. Oddly, the presentation is on a tape-delay (even in the UK!) so you'll have to rely on us for the facts. Well, us and several great Brits on twitter. Thanks also to our pals at HitFix and IndieWire for being on the BAFTA ball! A full list of all the winners resides beneath the...
- Posted Jan 18th 2011 at 06:40 AM by Moviefone Editors
Now that we're done with the Golden Globes, we can look ahead to some awards that actually matter. Yes, of course there are politics and dirty tricks in any "awards race," but at least one can say that the Oscars, at their essence, are filmmakers voting on their favorite work from their own colleagues. That's also how the Orange British Academy Film Awards work. And since the British (usually) ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Lost 40 Lbs. by Eating a Can of Tuna a Day
- Police Dog Named Lucas Hailed as Hero for Saving Deputy's Life
- Obama 'Couldn't Agree More' with 5-Year-Old's Letter Asking for Peace, Marriage Equality
- Amber Rose is unrecognizable in throwback pic
- Tracy Morgan settles suit with Wal-Mart over fatal crash
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans is wanted in Fla.
- The Biggest Loser Winner Ali Vincent Marries Girlfriend Jennifer Krusing, Shows Off 112-Pound Weight Loss
- A$AP Rocky Explains Why He Dissed Rita Ora in ''Better Things''—Watch Now!
- Martina McBride Stands Up for Female Artists After Radio Consultant Claims Country Fans Prefer Songs by Men