Posts with tag "bafta"
- Posted Feb 15th 2011 at 03:55 AM by Christo Varghese
Colin Firth reportedly got so drunk after his BAFTA win on Sunday night that he allegedly left the award at a bar. Firth received the leading actor award for his role in 'The King's Speech,' at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards. The Daily Star reports that the 50-year-old actor drank so much champagne at a post-BAFTA bash that he left his trophy at the bar and went home. ...
- Posted Feb 13th 2011 at 06:00 PM by Moviefone Editors
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTAs) are announcing their annual prize-winners at this very moment. Oddly, the presentation is on a tape-delay (even in the UK!) so you'll have to rely on us for the facts. Well, us and several great Brits on twitter. Thanks also to our pals at HitFix and IndieWire for being on the BAFTA ball! A full list of all the winners resides beneath the...
- Posted Jan 18th 2011 at 06:40 AM by Moviefone Editors
Now that we're done with the Golden Globes, we can look ahead to some awards that actually matter. Yes, of course there are politics and dirty tricks in any "awards race," but at least one can say that the Oscars, at their essence, are filmmakers voting on their favorite work from their own colleagues. That's also how the Orange British Academy Film Awards work. And since the British (usually) ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- 2014: The year tech was turned on Hollywood
- Actress Billie Whitelaw dead at 82
- Dixie Chicks' Natalie Maines calls Sony 'cowards' over decision to pull 'The Interview'
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Star in Sexy Balmain Menswear Campaign—See the Pics!
- Watch a Special First Look at Jason Kennedy and Lauren Scrugg's Romantic Wedding Ceremony
- Mindy Totally Has a Legally Blonde Moment at Stanford on The Mindy Project and It's Hilarious