Posts with tag "bail"
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 12:32 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
A Swiss court just approved Roman Polanski's bail offer of $4.5 million to be released from prison and kept under house arrest and electronic monitoring. He will have to remain within the confines of his Swiss chalet (no, not the restaurant, fellow Canucks). The court said the offer was significant enough to offset concerns about the film director being a high flight risk while he fights an attem...
- Posted Oct 6th 2009 at 03:15 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
Swiss authorities have rejected an appeal to release Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski from jail. The film director was arrested last month after fleeing the United States in 1978 to avoid sentencing in an underage sex case. Reuters is reporting that authorities are also urging the Swiss court dealing with his extradition warrant to reject another appeal by Polanski's lawyers to have him free...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Fifty Shades of Cringeworthy? E.L. James Twitter Event Gets Overtaken by Critics
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Title Revealed as Director Says It's 'a More Emotional Movie'
- 'Manganiello or Manga-Hell No!' Is Our New Favorite Game (VIDEO)
- Donald Trump calls NBC 'weak and foolish' after they sever ties with GOP hopeful
- Diddy's son Quincy says his father's arrest was a 'hiccup'
- Why Madonna is on dating app Grindr