Posts with tag "bail"
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 12:32 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
A Swiss court just approved Roman Polanski's bail offer of $4.5 million to be released from prison and kept under house arrest and electronic monitoring. He will have to remain within the confines of his Swiss chalet (no, not the restaurant, fellow Canucks). The court said the offer was significant enough to offset concerns about the film director being a high flight risk while he fights an attem...
- Posted Oct 6th 2009 at 03:15 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
Swiss authorities have rejected an appeal to release Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski from jail. The film director was arrested last month after fleeing the United States in 1978 to avoid sentencing in an underage sex case. Reuters is reporting that authorities are also urging the Swiss court dealing with his extradition warrant to reject another appeal by Polanski's lawyers to have him free...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Carrie Underwood, You're In! The Country Star Is Guest Judging Project Runway's Season Finale
- MyLifeAsEva Star's New YouTube Series Is as Hilarious as You'd Expect
- Luke Bryan Gets Real About His Superstar Career and His Expanded Family
- Lady Antebellum taking a break after current tour
- Christina Milian's newborn nephew dies
- Joe Brown reportedly begins 5-day jail term for contempt of court
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Win $440,000 Settlement After Filing Lawsuit Over Leaked Proposal Video
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Dreams Come True for Fan With Down Syndrome: See Pics and Video From Their Heartwarming Meet and Greet!
- Ashlee Simpson Steps Out With Husband Evan Ross for First Time Since Giving Birth, Rocks Black Dress and Red Lips: Pics!