Posts with tag "bail"
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 12:32 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
A Swiss court just approved Roman Polanski's bail offer of $4.5 million to be released from prison and kept under house arrest and electronic monitoring. He will have to remain within the confines of his Swiss chalet (no, not the restaurant, fellow Canucks). The court said the offer was significant enough to offset concerns about the film director being a high flight risk while he fights an attem...
- Posted Oct 6th 2009 at 03:15 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
Swiss authorities have rejected an appeal to release Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski from jail. The film director was arrested last month after fleeing the United States in 1978 to avoid sentencing in an underage sex case. Reuters is reporting that authorities are also urging the Swiss court dealing with his extradition warrant to reject another appeal by Polanski's lawyers to have him free...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Pre-Black Friday Deal: The Chic Tote PEOPLE Style Editors Love (with a Discount!)
- In Seattle, Tofu Turkeys Get Thanksgiving Pardons
- Prince William Advocates for Africa's Wildlife: 'Time Is Running Out'
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Jessica Simpson Shares Adorable Photo of "Wild Turkeys" Maxwell and Ace at the Lake—See the Cute Pic!
- Remembering Paul Walker One Year Later: Cody Walker Reflects on His Brother's Life and Legacy
- Bill Cosby Joke Gone Wrong: Roseanne Barr Tweets Then Deletes Picture Post About Getting Into a "Tussle" With the Actor