Posts with tag "bail"
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 12:32 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
A Swiss court just approved Roman Polanski's bail offer of $4.5 million to be released from prison and kept under house arrest and electronic monitoring. He will have to remain within the confines of his Swiss chalet (no, not the restaurant, fellow Canucks). The court said the offer was significant enough to offset concerns about the film director being a high flight risk while he fights an ...
- Posted Oct 6th 2009 at 03:15 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
Swiss authorities have rejected an appeal to release Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski from jail. The film director was arrested last month after fleeing the United States in 1978 to avoid sentencing in an underage sex case. Reuters is reporting that authorities are also urging the Swiss court dealing with his extradition warrant to reject another appeal by Polanski's lawyers to have him ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ferris Wheel Ride World Record Broken in Chicago
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants to Deliver Diet Food to Your Home (Well, Kind Of)
- Wow! See New Mom Jennifer Nettles's Red Carpet Return
- David Beckham announces retirement, who will take his place as sexiest athlete?
- When clothes don't cooperate
- 'Fast & Furious 6' blasts 'Gatsby' and 'Star Trek' at U.K. box office
- The Internet comes to life for Patton Oswalt in Webby Awards promo ? VIDEO
- ?Saturday Night Live' poll: Who was the best host of the year?
- Yahoo buys Tumblr: Should users of the meme machine be worried?
- Anchorman Sequel Pics Stay Classy: Drake's Afro, Will Ferrell's and Christina Applegate's Furs, Steve Carell's Cone
- Christina Aguilera's Weight Loss: "She's Trying New Exercises," Says Source
- Lena Dunham Graduates While Stephen Colbert, Kerry Washington, and Barack and Michelle Obama Give Commencement Speeches