Posts with tag "bail"
- Posted Nov 25th 2009 at 12:32 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
A Swiss court just approved Roman Polanski's bail offer of $4.5 million to be released from prison and kept under house arrest and electronic monitoring. He will have to remain within the confines of his Swiss chalet (no, not the restaurant, fellow Canucks). The court said the offer was significant enough to offset concerns about the film director being a high flight risk while he fights an...
- Posted Oct 6th 2009 at 03:15 PM by Chris Jancelewicz
Swiss authorities have rejected an appeal to release Oscar-winning director Roman Polanski from jail. The film director was arrested last month after fleeing the United States in 1978 to avoid sentencing in an underage sex case. Reuters is reporting that authorities are also urging the Swiss court dealing with his extradition warrant to reject another appeal by Polanski's lawyers to have him...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Move Over, Pumpkins: Four New Foods to Carve This Halloween
- Man Breaks into Home Dressed as a Teletubby, Steals Leftover Chinese Food
- Milla Jovovich: I'm Expecting a Baby Girl!
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' sneak peek: Is there a mole in the squad?
- Why 'Boy Meets World' star Maitland Ward sexes up red carpets
- Roman Polanski questioned in Poland about 1977 sex with a minor case
- Funny or Die spoofs viral New York City street-harassment video
- Jim Carrey reprises his Matthew McConaughey impression on ?Letterman'
- Will Game of Thrones Cast's Massive Season 7 Raises Make Them TV's Highest-Paid Stars?
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Share Sweet Moment While Filming By the Sea—See the Touching Shot!
- Joan Rivers Gets Posthumous Women's Image Network Award Nomination for Fashion Police