Posts with tag "barbara billingsley"
- Posted Oct 20th 2010 at 03:11 PM by Nick Belardes
Pop-Ed: If you were a child of the 1970s like I was, you can't forget what your mom and dad aspired to be: Iconic TV parents. Memories first came rushing back when Barbara Billingsley, who played June Cleaver on 'Leave It to Beaver' (1957-1963), died on Oct. 16. And then, on Oct. 19, Tom Bosley, Mr. Cunningham from 'Happy Days' (1974-1984), also passed. It doesn't matter that the two shows...
- Posted Oct 17th 2010 at 08:04 AM by Christine Fenno
Barbara Billingsley, who played iconic 1950's mom June Cleaver on 'Leave it to Beaver,' died early Saturday morning at the age of 94, reports CNN. A family spokesperson confirmed that Billingsley -- who was born in Los Angeles in 1915 and began her career as a model in New York City before her big break on 'Leave it Beaver' -- passed away in her Santa Monica, Calif., home after a long illness....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Michael Sam Cut by the St. Louis Rams
- Watch the Trailer for Downton Abbey's New Season
- Brooklyn Decker Celebrates Andy Roddick's Birthday with Adorable Throwback Photo
- Kings of Leon play first show since drummer's injury
- Report: Jon Bon Jovi axed from group bidding for Buffalo Bills
- Ferguson shooting: Hip-hop moves as strong force for Michael Brown
- Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union Look Madly in Love at Wedding Rehearsal Dinner—See the Pics!
- EJ Johnson Gives Hilarious Breakup Advice to Dorothy Wang & Gets Involved in Her Drama With Roxy—See the #RichKids Clip!
- Happy Birthday, Cameron Diaz! Check Out the Star's Best Roles