Posts with tag "barbara billingsley"
- Posted Oct 20th 2010 at 03:11 PM by Nick Belardes
Pop-Ed: If you were a child of the 1970s like I was, you can't forget what your mom and dad aspired to be: Iconic TV parents. Memories first came rushing back when Barbara Billingsley, who played June Cleaver on 'Leave It to Beaver' (1957-1963), died on Oct. 16. And then, on Oct. 19, Tom Bosley, Mr. Cunningham from 'Happy Days' (1974-1984), also passed. It doesn't matter that the two shows...
- Posted Oct 17th 2010 at 08:04 AM by Christine Fenno
Barbara Billingsley, who played iconic 1950's mom June Cleaver on 'Leave it to Beaver,' died early Saturday morning at the age of 94, reports CNN. A family spokesperson confirmed that Billingsley -- who was born in Los Angeles in 1915 and began her career as a model in New York City before her big break on 'Leave it Beaver' -- passed away in her Santa Monica, Calif., home after a long illness. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Outlander Recap: Claire Is Forced to Choose Between Jamie and Frank
- Hillary Scott on Lady Antebellum's Tour Bus Fire: It's 'Nothing Compared to What It Could Have Been'
- Jill (Duggar) and Derick Dillard: Israel David's Birth Brought Us Closer Together
- Miley Cyrus and Scout Willis flash their nipples in photo shoot
- R&B singer Johnny Kemp found dead on beach
- Shia LaBeouf says rehab therapy was like method acting
- Miley Cyrus Can't Stop Changing Her Look at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony, Admits She ''Wanted to Have Sex" With Joan Jett
- Reggie Bush and Lilit Avagyan Are Expecting a Baby Boy! Get the Latest on the "Overjoyed and Happy" Couple
- Who Does the Outlander Cast "Ship"? Sam Heughan, Caitriona Balfe and More Reveal the Couples They Love