Posts with tag "beastie boys"
- Posted Apr 8th 2011 at 03:45 PM by Boombox Editors
The Beastie Boys will make some noise come May 3 when their much-delayed eighth studio album, 'Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2,' is finally released. But the boom bap came a little early for New York's bad brothers. On Wednesday, 'Make Some Noise' -- the first track off the album -- was leaked online, and the Beastie Boys had to concede to the Internet, releasing the track via their Tumblr page later...
- Posted Jan 7th 2011 at 12:14 PM by Jett Wells
When Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys was diagnosed with cancer in his parotid gland 18 months ago, the band canceled its shows and put off a much-anticipated album. All this doom and gloom made fans wonder if they had seen the last of the beloved rap-rock group. Guess again. In an interview with BBC Radio 1 (via WENN.com), bandmate Michael Diamond (Mike D) announced that Yauch (MCA) officially beat...
- Posted Dec 15th 2010 at 06:05 PM by Jason Newman
Judging by the 463 comments on our Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Most Egregious Snubs article, the Hall's picks for rock immortality -- or just an extra shiny piece of plastic to throw on the mantle -- perennially inspires hand-wringing, profanity-laced invective and bemused resignation. Alice Cooper, Tom Waits, Neil Diamond, Darlene Love and Dr. John will all be entering the Hall at the...
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 02:00 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: It's that time of the year again. Music's highest honor, induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, is about to be handed out to the greatest artists to ever rock the planet. But upon first look, the nominees for the class of 2011 appear weak, to say the least. Every year can't be like 2006, when Black Sabbath, Blondie, Miles Davis and the Sex Pistols were inducted, and you know it's a...
- Posted Jul 20th 2009 at 01:24 PM by PopEater Staff
Adam Yauch, who goes by the stage name MCA in the legendary Beastie Boys, has announced that he has cancer and that the Beasties have been forced to postpone all tour dates at this time. "I actually have a form of cancer in the gland, and it's in a gland called the parotid gland, and it's in a lymph node in that area." Yauch said in a video announcement....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Has Taye Diggs Moved on from Idina Menzel?
- Spoiler! Meet The Voice's Talented Top 12
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized for Severe Allergic Reaction
- Paul Walker's brothers to stand in for late actor as 'Fast & Furious 7' wraps
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cites 'severe' allergic reaction
- Tracy Morgan 'concerned' about Alec Baldwin
- ?New Girl' recap: I'm Okay, You're Okay (JK, We're All Broken Up)
- ?The Originals' recap: Three men and a baby
- ?Mindy Project' recap: The case of the missing scarf
- The Voice Unveils Their Top 12, Glee's Not-So Sexy Shenanigans and More OMG TV Moments!
- Kate Middleton Looks Perfect While Trying to Stay Dry, Prince George Continues to Be Royally Adorable
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Wedding Not Happening: "They're Very Happy As Is," Source Says