Posts with tag "beastie boys"
- Posted Apr 8th 2011 at 03:45 PM by Boombox Editors
The Beastie Boys will make some noise come May 3 when their much-delayed eighth studio album, 'Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2,' is finally released. But the boom bap came a little early for New York's bad brothers. On Wednesday, 'Make Some Noise' -- the first track off the album -- was leaked online, and the Beastie Boys had to concede to the Internet, releasing the track via their Tumblr page later t...
- Posted Jan 7th 2011 at 12:14 PM by Jett Wells
When Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys was diagnosed with cancer in his parotid gland 18 months ago, the band canceled its shows and put off a much-anticipated album. All this doom and gloom made fans wonder if they had seen the last of the beloved rap-rock group. Guess again. In an interview with BBC Radio 1 (via WENN.com), bandmate Michael Diamond (Mike D) announced that Yauch (MCA) officially beat...
- Posted Dec 15th 2010 at 06:05 PM by Jason Newman
Judging by the 463 comments on our Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Most Egregious Snubs article, the Hall's picks for rock immortality -- or just an extra shiny piece of plastic to throw on the mantle -- perennially inspires hand-wringing, profanity-laced invective and bemused resignation. Alice Cooper, Tom Waits, Neil Diamond, Darlene Love and Dr. John will all be entering the Hall at the Induc...
- Posted Sep 28th 2010 at 02:00 PM by Jett Wells
Pop-Ed: It's that time of the year again. Music's highest honor, induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, is about to be handed out to the greatest artists to ever rock the planet. But upon first look, the nominees for the class of 2011 appear weak, to say the least. Every year can't be like 2006, when Black Sabbath, Blondie, Miles Davis and the Sex Pistols were inducted, and you know it's a d...
- Posted Jul 20th 2009 at 01:24 PM by PopEater Staff
Adam Yauch, who goes by the stage name MCA in the legendary Beastie Boys, has announced that he has cancer and that the Beasties have been forced to postpone all tour dates at this time. "I actually have a form of cancer in the gland, and it's in a gland called the parotid gland, and it's in a lymph node in that area." Yauch said in a video announcement....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish - to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello - and She Loves It
- Jennifer Lawrence blasts story of on-set fight
- Jennifer Lawrence reportedly has meltdown on set of David O. Russell movie
- Rosie O'Donnell files for divorce from wife Michelle Rounds
- Aww! Pregnant Jessica Biel Gets a Surprise Visit from Husband Justin Timberlake While Filming in New Orleans
- Michelle Rodriguez Apologizes After Asking Minority Actors to "Stop Stealing All the White People's Superheroes"
- Will Forte Reflects on Saturday Night Live, Assures Fans MacGruber 2 Is Still "Absolutely" in the Works