Posts with tag "beatles"
- Posted Nov 16th 2010 at 10:07 AM by Zach Dionne
The Beatles are finally coming to iTunes, according to the Wall Street Journal. Apple, after hyping a major announcement for Tuesday, is expected to announce the long-awaited inclusion of the Fab Four's catalog in the world's largest music outlet. UPDATE: The New York Times reports that a joint announcement by Apple, EMI, and Apple Corps (the Beatles' company) confirmed it -- the band's 13...
- Posted Oct 9th 2010 at 01:38 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
They say it's his birthday, to paraphrase an old pop song. It's not easy to fathom, but John Lennon, who was born in Liverpool, England, on Oct. 9, 1940, would be 70 years old today. To celebrate the milestone, a new monument was unveiled in Liverpool today to honor the singer-songwriter. "We come here with our hearts to honor Dad and to pray for peace and say 'thank you' to each and...
- Posted Sep 5th 2010 at 01:13 PM by Christine Fenno
If you're going to organize a slew of beloved musical artists, list them in order of "greatness" right up to the very "greatest," it stands to reason that the overall result would evoke a reaction along the lines of..."GREAT!" Or at least contain a few exciting surprises. So how did VH1's creaky, predictable ranking of the '100 Greatest Artists of All Time,' being counted down in series of...
- Posted Apr 13th 2010 at 01:15 PM by Zach Dionne
John Lennon said the Beatles were bigger than Jesus, the Pope says it's all good, and Ringo doesn't care. The UK's Telegraph reports that the Vatican's official newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano, has publicly absolved the Beatles for their sins. "In a move sanctioned by Pope Benedict XVI, the Catholic Church has offered the Fab Four its official seal of approval, forgiving them their various...
- Posted Feb 11th 2010 at 02:21 PM by Emily Tan
While Lifehouse knows how to give fans an energy packed live show, the Los Angeles-based band have been known for heartfelt love songs including 'You and Me' and their first hit, 'Hanging by a Moment.' But have they ever thought where all the love comes from? "I think it comes from everywhere," frontman Jason Wade tells PopEater. "I tend to write love songs that are kind of ambiguous to where...
- Posted Dec 3rd 2009 at 09:35 AM by Ashley Iasimone
Who: Jonas Sees in Color Album: 'Jonas Sees in Color' Song: 'Loose Threads' Hails From: Greensboro, N.C. For Fans Of: The Academy Is..., Jimmy Eat World Why They're About to Pop: Before Jonas Sees in Color were signed in early 2009, they had already made a strong presence throughout the Southeast on their own. The hard-working North Carolina band -- vocalist Ryan Downing, guitarist/vocalist...
- Posted Oct 22nd 2009 at 01:25 PM by Ashley Iasimone
Who: After Midnight Project Album: 'Let's Build Something to Break' Video: 'Take Me Home' Hails From: Los Angeles, Calif. For Fans Of: Atreyu, the Used Why They're About to Pop: Since breaking into the Los Angeles music scene in 2004, After Midnight Project have toured relentlessly, signed with Universal Motown and recorded their major label debut album, 'Let's Build Something to Break' with...
- Posted Oct 19th 2009 at 04:16 PM by PopEater Staff
Hoaxes prove that sometimes the best stories are the ones that are made up. And who would make a better fictional story than a celebrity? Because isn't that what celebrity is all about? Image making. Story telling. Dream inpiring. To celebrate the hoax that is the Balloon Boy, here are some celebrity hoaxes perpetrated against us, the trusting and loyal, make that gullible, public. "Paul is...
- Posted Oct 15th 2009 at 03:30 PM by Ashley Iasimone
Who: Five Times August Album: 'Life as a Song' Video: 'Better With You' Hails From: Dallas, Tex. For Fans Of: Jason Mraz, Matt Nathanson Why He's About to Pop: Brad Skistimas, the 26-year-old musician behind Five Times August, boasts over 65 song placements in TV and film, and was the first unsigned artist to have an album sold in Wal-Mart. Since the release of his debut album, 2005's 'Fry...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 03:15 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Lucy Vodden, who inspired the Beatles' classic song 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,' has died after a long battle with lupus. She was 46. Her death was announced Monday by St. Thomas' Hospital in London, where she had been treated for the chronic disease for more than five years. Vodden's connection to the Beatles dates back to her youth, when she made friends with schoolmate Julian Lennon,...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shakira: Why I'm So Open About My Personal Life
- Ke$ha Leaves Rehab
- From The Max to Moe's Tavern: The Best TV Hangout Spots of All Time
- ?Scandal' Recap: Mellie makes her move
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Khloe Kardashian: What happened to her face?
- ?Reign' react: The royal wedding
- ?American Idol' 2014 results: The Top 12
- Miley Cyrus calls out Katy Perry on Twitter over concert kissing controversy
- Scandal's Steamy Makeout, The Vampire Diaries Loses Two Fan Favorites and More OMG TV Moments!
- American Idol Elimination: Find Out Who Was Voted Off—Plus, Harry Connick Jr. Defends His "Harsh" Critiques
- Amber Heard Flashes Ring While on the Red Carpet With Fiancé Johnny Depp