Posts with tag "betty white"
- Posted Jun 6th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Ben Widdicombe
Anyone who has grown up since the invention of television understands the strangely blurred line between sitcom families and real families. Networks encourage us to accept these casts into our home as visiting neighbors, and generally we're happy to oblige. The recent deaths of Rue McClanahan and Gary Coleman have thinned the ranks of these familiar guests. PopEater takes a look at the last...
- Posted Jun 3rd 2010 at 01:16 PM by PopEater Staff
In less than two years, Betty White has seen the passing of her 'Golden Girls' castmates Estelle Getty, Bea Arthur and Rue McClanahan. Now, the comedy icon has given her first reaction to McClanahan's death today from a stroke. "Rue was a close and dear friend," she tells 'The Insider.' "I treasure our relationship. It hurts more than I ever thought it would, if that's even possible." From...
- Posted May 23rd 2010 at 12:00 PM by John Mitchell
Like so many pop culture fads, the cougar trend burned bright and fast. A few years back, everyone was very happy to learn that -- gasp! -- women over the age of 40 could still be sexy. Suddenly, there was a preponderance of evidence -- from Michelle Pfeiffer to Demi Moore, Courtney Cox to Halle Berry -- and it was so shocking and exciting and new that everybody wanted a piece of the trend. But...
- Posted May 11th 2010 at 06:30 PM by John Mitchell
During her smashing 'Saturday Night Live' monologue, living legend Betty White gave credit where credit was due, thanking (with the odd back-handed joke) the massive Facebook campaign that helped successfully land her on stage at Studio 8H at 30 Rockefeller Center. "Now, I'm here tonight because you wanted me to be," White said sincerely. "I just want to say I feel so loved. Thank you." The...
- Posted May 11th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Jo Piazza
It's time to coin the term the "Betty White Effect." Sure, it might not be up there just yet with the kind of one-two punch that Oprah can lend to a product or program, but it seems that nothing is hotter than Betty White right now, and that means a lot of people want to capitalize by using this golden girl as their golden ticket. A source close to Betty tells me her phone has been ringing off...
- Posted May 10th 2010 at 11:39 PM by Rob Shuter
Even at 88, Betty White has the ambition of a 20-something! She brought down the house on 'Saturday Night Live' after her rabid fans on Facebook got her on the show, and now she's being recruited by yet another massively popular show: 'Dancing With the Stars.' Oh, Betty, you're in such high demand! But can she hang with the grueling workouts and routines? Details on her potential 'Dancing' dreams...
- Posted May 10th 2010 at 12:14 PM by PopEater Staff
Betty White may have stolen the show during this weekend's 'Saturday Night Live,' and when it came to music, Jay-Z certainly had the megawatt star power to handle things on his own. But, always the giver, Jay-Z invited Mr. Hudson -- a bit of a newcomer to the mainstream scene -- to join him on stage to belt out their duet 'Young Forever.' Considering it was the highest-rated episode of 'SNL' in 18...
- Posted May 10th 2010 at 07:20 AM by PopEater Staff
If you didn't get your fill of Betty White on 'SNL' this weekend, NBC has released sketches that never made it onto the live broadcast due to time constraints. One skit the network cut was 'Debbie Downer,' which stars Rachel Dratch as everyone's favorite hypochondriac. The skit shows a group of women enjoying a lingerie party -- until Debbie shows up. Watch below and see more un-aired skits....
- Posted May 8th 2010 at 11:42 PM by PopEater Staff
Betty White found herself at the center of a rip-roaring round of applause during her first appearance on screen during the cold open on 'Saturday Night Live,' marking the successful viral campaign launched by Facebook fans that ultimately led to White getting the hosting gig. During her monologue, White -- decked out in a glittery top -- joked that she made her live TV debut in 1952 because they...
- Posted May 7th 2010 at 10:51 AM by PopEater Staff
After millions of fervent Internet votes and hundreds of headlines, Betty White will officially be on 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend. It was truly a victory for the people -- or at least those who got in on the Facebook movement -- and the 88-year-old comedienne is ready to deliver. White ditched 'SNL' rehearsals for a few minutes to chat with PopEater pal Jimmy Fallon about how she's prepping...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Watch Robert Pattinson's Girlfriend FKA Twigs Dance & Sing in New Commercial
- Tom Colicchio on His Favorite Top Chef Moment
- Mother Who Lost Kids in Christmas Day Fire Tells Oprah She Doesn't Blame God (Video)
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- When Taylor Swift's ?Out of the Woods' meets ?Circle of Life,' everything makes sense
- Watch Air New Zealand's ?Hobbit'-inspired safety video
- Watch the trailer for Ridley Scott's ?Halo: Nightfall'
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!
- Duggars Support Pro-Life Political Candidates With "Faith, Family, Freedom" Bus Tour—See the Pics!