Posts with tag "billy joel"
- Posted Apr 1st 2011 at 02:00 AM by Spinner Editors
While everyone who has ever raised a toast to 'Captain Jack' or asked the 'Piano Man' to sing them a song was looking forward to reading Billy Joel's memoirs -- originally slated for release this summer -- they're going to have to wait a whole lot longer. Like, forever. Joel has canceled the publication of his autobiography, 'The Book of Joel,' even after handing in a complete manuscript. ...
- Posted Feb 11th 2011 at 09:17 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Since Elton John gave Billy Joel some "tough love" and called him out as an alcoholic in a Rolling Stone interview, the two iconic musicians have been back and forth against each other in the media. Elton said he knew his longtime friend would "hate him" for it, but he was quite outspoken about the piano man needing to "do something better" with his life and enter into a real rehab program for...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 09:43 PM by Rebecca Macatee
Sir Elton John knows Billy Joel is going to "hate him" for it, but he's publicly speaking out about his friend and fellow musician needing to get serious about conquering his alcohol addiction. John told Rolling Stone that he and his former touring partner had to cancel many shows in the summer of 2009 because of Joel's sicknesses and "alcoholism." The musical legend and new father said Joel...
- Posted Nov 24th 2010 at 10:40 AM by Zach Dionne
Billy Joel got double hip surgery in Long Island, New York, last week, RadarOnline.com reports. "He did them both at the same time," said the piano man's ex-wife, Christie Brinkley. "Billy said, 'If I do it one at a time I know I'll never go in for the other.'" Joel was using a cane to help with his congenital hip ailment recently. With the surgery comes a plan to return to performing live....
- Posted Apr 22nd 2010 at 01:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Billy Joel may be pop royalty, but he's reportedly been lax about paying royalties to the people who helped him get to the top. According to Reuters, Liberty Devitto, who served as Joel's main drummer from 1975 to 2005, was never paid royalties for the 11 albums he recorded with the piano man. Devitto, who played on some of Joel's most popular albums, including 'The Stranger' and '52nd Street,'...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2010 at 12:30 PM by Melissa Daniels
Scores of stars are gathering for the 'Hope for Haiti Now' telethon to benefit earthquake victims. But of course it's not the first time that celebs have donated their time and money in the time of tragedy, domestic or international. Televised concerts and even merchandise have been used to raise relief money for decades. Such efforts have seen huge success rates, with millions of dollars being...
- Posted Jan 4th 2010 at 09:55 AM by PopEater Staff
Alexa Ray Joel rang in the new year by talking about the "depression" that contributed to her Dec. 5 hospitalization, in which she swallowed a handful of homeopathic pills. She posted notes on Facebook to thank her friends, fans and supporters, adding she wants "to help young girls with something I feel I know a GREAT deal about: Heartbreak-Related Depression. Although it does not get much...
- Posted Dec 10th 2009 at 10:58 AM by PopEater Staff
Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley say their daughter Alexa Ray's recent scare of taking too many homeopathic pills was the result of a "devastating heartbreak." In a newly issued statement, the parents slam a NY Post report that ran earlier in the week that claimed her actions on Dec. 5 were a "cry for help" and were partly due to the perceived slow progress she's making in crafting a music career...
- Posted Dec 7th 2009 at 06:41 AM by PopEater Staff
After an alleged pill overdose sent her to the hospital, Alexa Ray Joel -- daughter of Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley -- is back home and recovering. A rep for the singer tells Usmagazine.com that after Joel left St. Vincent's Hospital in New York City....
- Posted Dec 5th 2009 at 04:45 PM by PopEater Staff
Alexa Ray Joel, the daughter of singer Billy Joel and model Christie Brinkley, was rushed to the hospital Saturday afternoon in New York. According to one media outlet, the 23-year-old singer-songwriter suffered from a pill overdose....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian vs. Ciara: Whose Bold Style Wins Paris Fashion Week?
- From EW: Adam Sandler to Star in New Movies Exclusively for Netflix
- The Daily Treat: School Principal Joins Student's Laser Cat Photo for Yearbook
- Amanda Bynes' mental stability questioned again
- Adam Sandler to make four films for Netflix
- 'Real Housewives' stars Teresa and Joe Giudice face sentencing, could be imprisoned
- Entertainment Geekly: Have we reached Peak Batman?
- Michael Jackson's ?Thriller' video to be released in 3D
- How one musician makes music from the sounds of YouTube
- Why "Huckleberry Quinn" Will Definitely Be a Trending Topic During Tonight's Episode of Scandal
- Vampire Diaries Boss Julie Plec Reveals Season 6 Surprises: Is Elena Getting a New Love Interest?!
- Shirtless Nick Jonas Shows Off His Hot Body—You've Gotta See This New Pic!