Posts with tag "black swan"
- Posted Mar 27th 2011 at 12:36 PM by Christine Fenno
An allegation by Sarah Lane, a soloist with the American Ballet Theatre who worked on the filming of 'Black Swan' as Natalie Portman's dance double, has prompted Fox Searchlight to issue a statement about the controversy. Lane recently claimed her body is what moviegoers see in most of the film's ballet sequences, and she estimated that Portman did about "5 percent" of the dancing seen in the a...
- Posted Feb 27th 2011 at 11:06 AM by Moviefone Editors
'Black Swan' was the big winner at the 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards. The ballet drama won four awards at the event in Los Angeles on Saturday, including the ceremony's most coveted prize, Best Feature. The film also snagged the awards for Best Director (Darren Aronofsky), Best Female Lead (Natalie Portman) and Best Cinematography (Matthew Libatique). Portman, who has been sweeping awa...
- Posted Feb 26th 2011 at 01:56 PM by The Editors of StyleList
If there's one thing Natalie Portman is (besides beautiful, talented, Oscar-nominated and pregnant!), it's eco- conscious. Many remember when the 29-year-old 'Black Swan' star launched the now-shuttered vegan shoe line, Te Casan, in 2008. Currently, she sports a conflict-free diamond engagement ring. Yesterday, much to the delight of fans looking to mimic her style, the Oscar nominee rocked ...
- Posted Feb 14th 2011 at 11:45 AM by The Editors of StyleList
Mila Kunis didn't dance much before she accepted her critically acclaimed role in 'Black Swan,' and she will probably never dance again, Hollywood's latest It girl tells W magazine. In the March issue, she looks daringly sexy in a Chanel silk tulle organza coat with feather collar and sleeves and an Eres silk bra. After listening to her tales of woe, we may never dance again either. "I train...
- Posted Jan 15th 2011 at 08:26 AM by Christine Fenno
There's a new matchmaker in Hollywood. Stepping to the stage Friday night in L.A. to accept the Best Actress prize at the Critics' Choice Awards, Natalie Portman wasn't about to stop at thanking Darren Aronofsky for directing her in 'Black Swan.' He also got credit for the on-set romance that led to Portman's pregnancy. "I have to thank you for this incredibly fulfilling experience," she sai...
- Posted Jan 10th 2011 at 08:00 PM by Kiki Von Glinow
Yes, they are all masterpieces of the reel. But that doesn't mean 2011's Golden Globe nominated flicks didn't come without their fair share of 'are you kidding me?' moments. Check out the spoofs that exploited these serious silver screen sensations for our entertainment gain. Without these videos that take the edge off, we might very well explode with the thought of a bank robbing, red-eyed ball...
- Posted Jan 9th 2011 at 08:53 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Not since Justin Timberlake shimmied on 'Saturday Night Live' as one of Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' dancers has a guest host made skintight black spandex so goofy. Enter Jim Carrey, stage right, all limbered up for a silly send-up of the intense Natalie Portman ballet drama 'Black Swan.' You know a serious diva of the dance is in the studio because of the swan wings tattooed on his back (wait, ar...
- Posted Dec 29th 2010 at 04:29 PM by Jett Wells
It takes a tough artist to dive so deeply into character that the pain becomes real and you consider your own mortality. Conspiracy theorists have long believed Heath Ledger's role as the Joker in 'The Dark Knight' killed him, and it turns out Natalie Portman might have gotten trapped inside a character too. In an Entertainment Weekly cover story, Portman recalls the emotional struggle to become N...
- Posted Dec 14th 2010 at 12:01 AM by PopEater Staff
At the very least, Natalie Portman should receive her second Oscar nomination for her portrayal of tormented ballerina Nina Sayers in 'Black Swan' -- but it's not just her stellar performance that has caused people to take notice of the film. Unless you live underground, you've heard about the sex scene she shares with co-star Mila Kunis in 'Swan.' "Lesbian scenes, sex scenes, they're all ov...
- Posted Dec 7th 2010 at 12:45 PM by Gary Susman
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Sex That's SFW -
- Pop-Ed -
- Natalie Portman -
- Mila Kunis
For all the hype about Natalie Portman's steamy lesbian sex scene with Mila Kunis in 'Black Swan,' the scene was still tame enough to earn an R rating from the Motion Picture Association of America's ratings board, which means it can (and will) be shown in theaters all over the country. Like Portman, Michelle Williams is on the receiving end of an oral sex scene in 'Blue Valentine' (opening Dec....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gone Baby Gone Actor Sean Malone Dies Aged 54 Following Coma
- Endangered White Rhino Dies, Leaving Only Four Others Left Alive
- Two Die in Fiery Crash of Passenger Plane at Milwaukee Airport
- Kim Kardashian stars in bizarre new energy drink short film
- Amnesty International's legalized prostitution push turning off celeb supporters
- Ashley Monroe proves her point on 'The Blade'
- Britney Spears Does the Splits in Her Bikini While Hangin' in Hawaii—Take a Look!
- Cecil the Lion Mourned During Nat Geo Wild Event: "It's Our Responsibility to Do Everything We Can"
- Salma Hayek Blasts Donald Trump For Immigration Comments: I Won't Even Say His Name