Posts with tag "bon jovi"
- Posted May 2nd 2011 at 12:05 AM by Spinner Editors
Two days after Bon Jovi announced that guitarist Richie Sambora would take a break, allegedly to return to rehab, the group started a new tour by headlining at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on Saturday (April 30). And the veteran band did so without missing a beat. Filling in for Sambora was the extremely proficient Phil "X" Xenidis, who comes complete with his own set of rock...
- Posted Dec 29th 2010 at 11:20 AM by Jett Wells
Even though rock stalwarts Bon Jovi got the cold shoulder from the Hall of Fame this year, they still have reason to smile -- the band scored the highest-grossing concert tour of 2010. The Los Angeles Times reports that according to Pollstar, Bon Jovi made $201.1 million on concerts worldwide in 2010. Not surprisingly, the top five is filled with classic rock groups like U2 ($160.9 million),...
- Posted Dec 15th 2010 at 06:05 PM by Jason Newman
Judging by the 463 comments on our Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Most Egregious Snubs article, the Hall's picks for rock immortality -- or just an extra shiny piece of plastic to throw on the mantle -- perennially inspires hand-wringing, profanity-laced invective and bemused resignation. Alice Cooper, Tom Waits, Neil Diamond, Darlene Love and Dr. John will all be entering the Hall at the...
- Posted Jul 27th 2010 at 06:06 PM by PopEater Staff
Before he was rock 'n' roll's poster boy for family values, Jon Bon Jovi was just another grinning heartthrob up to his hairy chest in groupies. Well, that's according to newly uncovered photos of the rocker showing him splayed out on a bed with a quartet of half-naked beauties wiggling around him. The photos (censored version here) were snapped by photographer Ross Marino in 1985, a year...
- Posted Jun 30th 2010 at 10:15 AM by PopEater Staff
Exclusive: Bon Jovi rocked New Meadowlands Stadium in front of nearly 55,000 fans, becoming the first band to perform at the new venue. Now, PopEater has the exclusive video of what happened behind-the-scenes as the rockers prepared for their 'The Circle World Tour.' (Buy tickets & see tour info.) Reflecting on his years as a rocker and the band's latest single, 'Work For The Working Man,'...
- Posted Mar 22nd 2010 at 03:58 PM by Steven Avalos
In today's installment of babies being cute on the Web -- a one-year-old with a very discerning ear for music. Watch her critique two of the biggest names in music -- Miley Cyrus and Jon Bon Jovi -- proving once and for all that age is nothing but a number. In the BuzzFeed clip, the baby cries hysterically when 'Party in the U.S.A.' comes on the TV, but has a lot to smile (and dance) about...
- Posted Jan 26th 2010 at 11:40 AM by Melinda Newman
Sure, it's an honor just to be nominated, but the Fray's Isaac Slade isn't going to lie -- the Denver-based band wants to take home a Grammy or two at this year's ceremony. The quartet is nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals alongside the Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi and MGMT, as well as for Best Pop Vocal Album for its second major label release, 'The Fray.' Its...
- Posted Oct 22nd 2009 at 01:05 PM by Melissa Daniels
Each week, the 'Glee' club of McKinley High put on amazing productions as they rehearse, perform and prepare for their sectional competitions. With genres ranging from musical theater to country to hip-hop, the group has had as much success with energetic, classic rock songs as they have with sweet and soulful ballads. Here's 10 picks we think make great choices for Will Schuester to assign to...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas Stagliano: How I Survived Traveling with Baby
- Listen to Brad Paisley's New Song 'Crushin' It'
- Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino to Take Anger Management Classes After Tanning Salon Arrest
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- Anthony Anderson 'Eats America'
- Crazy characters at Comic Con 2014
- ?The Hobbit' Comic-Con panel is now online: The top 5 highlights
- I'm Still Not Over? House and Cuddy's terrible relationship
- One set, two actors, all dialogue: TV's best ?bottle' episodes