Posts with tag "books"
- Posted Nov 8th 2010 at 11:45 AM by Zach Dionne
A glorious diamond arrived in the mail yesterday, a fusion of some of our biggest interests -- 'Mad Men' and books. It's the memoir of AMC's fictional silver fox Roger Sterling, titled 'Sterling's Gold: Wit & Wisdom of an Ad Man.' More coffee table book than autobiography, the brief, handy tome consists of almost 200 of actor John Slattery's 'Mad Men' zingers. As Grove Press publisher...
- Posted Oct 26th 2010 at 02:30 PM by Sarah Crow
Janet Jackson has been a fixture in the music, film and television industries for over three decades, and the star can now add "author" to her resume, thanks to her upcoming book, 'True You.' Jackson, who has struggled with her weight in the past, talked to ABC News about her reasons for writing the book and how she's come to terms with her looks. Jackson skyrocketed to fame as Penny on the...
- Posted Apr 22nd 2010 at 03:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Mindy Kaling may play ditzy Kelly Kapoor on 'The Office,' but the actress has also proven to be a shrewd businesswoman and writer, penning episodes of the hit show, a popular blog and now a book, which will be released in 2011. Kaling confirmed the news today via her Twitter, saying, "It's true, I'm writing a book! Twitter has an 140 character limit, but I hear books can have something like...
- Posted Mar 16th 2010 at 09:19 AM by Nicki Gostin
Chelsea Handler doesn't pull punches. Whether it's her bowling ball-headed father, her recently-ended relationship or the Kardashians and their classiness (or lack thereof), the cheeky host of E!'s 'Chelsea Lately' keeps it fast and fresh. On the occasion of her new book, an essay collection titled 'Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang,' the 35-year-old comedian chatted with PopEater about discovering a...
- Posted Feb 8th 2010 at 04:39 PM by PopEater Staff
Tabloid darling Kate Gosselin is taking her problems off the small screen and bringing them to you in her own words. Gosselin, whose divorce from husband Jon Gosselin was finalized this December, will release her latest book, entitled 'I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith and Family,' on April 13th, PEOPLE reports. In a statement released by Gosselin, the reality star...
- Posted Feb 1st 2010 at 10:30 AM by PopEater Staff
Elton John has quite a knack for throwing unforgettable parties. According to soon-to-be-released book "House of Versace" by Wall Street Journal correspondent Deborah Bell, Elton John played an integral role in helping the fashion maven kick her cocaine habit. The superstar singer reportedly staged an intervention for Versace at her daughter Allegra's 18th birthday party, following frightening and...
- Posted Nov 16th 2009 at 11:56 AM by Kara Warner
Like him or not, Guy Fieri is kind of a big deal. His career jump-started by winning the inaugural 'The Next Food Network Star,' Fieri's energetic-yet-relatable style has made him one of the network's most popular -- and bankable. In addition to his three TV shows ('Diners Drive-ins and Dives' is the channel's current #1), this month Fieri embarks on a 21-city tour, dubbed "The Guy Fieri Roadshow"...
- Posted Sep 18th 2009 at 09:24 AM by PopEater Staff
In a quest to remain mentally sharp, Patrick Swayze turned away painkillers while enduring rigorous chemotherapy treatments during much of his battle with pancreatic cancer, his soon-to-be-released memoir, 'The Time of My Life,' will reveal. That, along with the actor's reaction and stoic acceptance of his disease, are just some of topics found in the book, according to excerpts highlighted by...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dog Rushed to Hospital Twice After Snacking on Owner's Thongs
- Pregnant Princess Kate Turns to William for Malta Trip Decision
- Gabrielle Union Debuts Stylish New Post-Honeymoon Bangs
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- Joan Rivers' clinic silent on report doctor took selfie with unconscious star
- Katherine Webb Is a Picture-Perfect Bride, Plus See Photos From Inside Her Dreamy Wedding!
- The 7 Absolute Things You Must Do Before Meeting Your Online Date for the First Time!
- John Travolta Responds to Gay Affair Rumors: "Sex Stuff Is Always Going to Be Interesting to Somebody"