Posts with tag "bp oil spill"
- Posted Dec 23rd 2010 at 01:59 PM by Jett Wells
Kevin Costner and Stephen Baldwin aren't Harvard students weaseling inside a dorm room, they're grown men, but Costner allegedly pulled a 'Social Network'-style Zuckerberg move when he supposedly duped Baldwin into dropping his shares in Costner's company Ocean Therapy. According to TMZ, Baldwin is suing Costner because he robbed him of his shares in the oil-filtering invention Costner sold...
- Posted Aug 23rd 2010 at 10:20 AM by PopEater Staff
It took Angelina Jolie to change Brad Pitt's tune on marriage (they won't get hitched until gay couples can do the same), and it's taken a catastrophic oil spill to give the star pause on his death penalty stance, according to a new documentary set to air on HBO. In 'If God Is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise,' a film by Spike Lee marking the fifth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, the...
- Posted Jun 22nd 2010 at 10:22 AM by PopEater Staff
"Everyone's really pissed off," Jenny McCarthy told Ryan Seacrest, co-host of last night's Gulf Coast relief telethon on CNN, as she monitored tweets about BP's oil spill catastrophe. Well said, Jenny. Larry King's star-studded telethon, which benefited individuals impacted by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, featured the likes of Justin Bieber, Cameron Diaz, Ke$ha and Ted Danson and...
- Posted Jun 18th 2010 at 04:45 PM by Zach Dionne
A whopping 59 days into the BP oil spill crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, celebrities are progressively continuing to get in on the action, commentating, joking and commiserating. This week, Roger Ebert weighed in on his blog ("A great wound has been caused to our planet"), a new Twitter account appeared in the guise of a sarcastic and angry oil spill-plagued bird and -- sad news here, friends --...
- Posted Jun 17th 2010 at 11:26 AM by PopEater Staff
Like everyone, Louisiana native and 'Lost' and 'The Vampire Diaries' star Ian Somerhalder is upset about BP's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. But he's especially miffed at Hollywood's weak support for the catastrophe. "Coming from the entertainment world, I'm really shaken by how quiet Hollywood is," Somerhalder, 31, tells E! Online. "And I say that out of respect for my peers and colleagues,...
- Posted Jun 11th 2010 at 12:42 PM by Zach Dionne
More than 50 days into the BP oil spill crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, celebrities are progressively continuing to get in on the action, commentating, joking and commiserating. This week, Whoopi Goldberg went wild on 'The View,' Kevin Costner visited Congress to talk about his oil spill-fighting technology and the Upright Citizens Brigade got in on the BP-bashing. See the Whoopi clip here, and...
- Posted Jun 7th 2010 at 02:45 PM by Zach Dionne
In the wake of the burgeoning oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, an anonymous Twitter bandit is taking BP, the company behind the catastrophe, to task. The writer behind @BPGlobalPR has been excoriating the oil company since May 19, amassing more than 130,000 followers to date and receiving major media attention for his satirical (and staged) messages from BP to the public. "I started...
- Posted May 28th 2010 at 01:10 PM by Zach Dionne
When there's a gargantuan, seemingly unstoppable oil spill polluting the Gulf of Mexico and threatening America's southern shores, people are going to weigh in -- your mom, the President, local news anchors, Michael Ian Black ... wait, Michael Ian Black? Indeed. Turns out a handful of celebrities have voiced their thoughts on the crisis. "Maybe the cast of 'Jersey Shore' can just walk around...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Happy Birthday, Kelly Clarkson! Make a Sangria Mocktail in Honor of the Star
- William & Kate Rise at Dawn to Honor War Veterans
- What We're Reading This Weekend: Behind-The-Scenes Books
- 'X-Men' director calls sex abuse lawsuit a shakedown
- FOX411's pic of the day
- James Franco on his 'intimate' selfies: 'It's not like I'm exposing myself'
- James Earl Jones to return to Broadway this fall in ?You Can't Take It With You'
- Man dressed as Spider-Man is running for political office in India
- ?The Twilight Saga: Eclipse': Bad Lip Reading version ? VIDEO
- Ashley Tisdale Throws Surprise Birthday Party for Fiancé Christopher French—Get the Details!
- This Hockey Player Gave a Young Fan His Hockey Stick and the Kid Had the Most Adorable Reaction Ever
- Lindsay Lohan Says Her Last Drink Was "a Long Amount of Time" Ago, but Admits It Was After Leaving Treatment