Posts with tag "brittany murphy"
- Posted Feb 15th 2010 at 10:15 AM by PopEater Staff
The Brittany Murphy Foundation, which is run by Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, and mother, Sharon Murphy, hasn't filed the necessary documents to qualify as a charity or nonprofit group and is now returning all donations. On Sunday, TMZ first reported that the foundation was not registered as a charity with the IRS or the state of California, as required by law. The foundation has issued an...
- Posted Feb 4th 2010 at 12:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Brittany Murphy's death was accidental, the L.A. County Coroner determined, TMZ reports. According to the coroner's findings, the 32-year-old died of community acquired pneumonia, iron deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication -- which included prescription and over-the-counter drugs. The report also indicated that her death was "preventable." TMZ says that her pneumonia was...
- Posted Jan 28th 2010 at 03:54 PM by PopEater Staff
When Brittany Murphy died suddenly on Dec. 20, suspicions were raised about her husband, Simon Monjack. Bloggers and news sites alike attacked the man who married the 'Clueless' star, nicknaming him 'Conjack' and implicating him in his wife's death. But after a series of recent interviews, more is coming to light about the British screenwriter and producer, showing that he may not be the...
- Posted Jan 28th 2010 at 08:57 AM by Marc Schneider
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Deaths -
- WTF -
- Celebrity Scandal
The official cause of death for Brittany Murphy has not been released, though the coroner's office has indicated "it appears to be natural," meaning no foul play involved. But the late star's husband, Simon Monjack, has a specific culprit in mind: Warner Brothers. In a sprawling interview with The Daily Beast, Monjack reveals he is readying a wrongful-death lawsuit against the studio, claiming it...
- Posted Jan 17th 2010 at 09:39 AM by PopEater Staff
For the first time since her daughter's sudden death, Brittany Murphy's mother Sharon is speaking out, along with Murphy's husband Simon Monjack. The pair told PEOPLE they believe the 32-year-old actress died of a congenital heart defect that was diagnosed in her teens -- not from a drug overdose. "She had a little bit of a cold. You could never in a billion years imagine this happening,"...
- Posted Jan 8th 2010 at 07:39 PM by Sam Brand
- Filed under:
- Angelina Jolie
As intimate as they might seem, 911 calls belong to the public. Today, Sharon Murphy's frantic call for paramedics on the day of her daughter's death was unleashed. It's a heavy bit of audio, and listeners are warned to tune in at their own risk. The new 'A-Team' Trailer is considerably less emotional. But good luck hunting it down now that it's been pulled by Twentieth Century Fox (hint: Google...
- Posted Jan 2nd 2010 at 09:00 AM by PopEater Staff
What other celebs are the tabloids dishing on this week? Find Out Inside...
- Posted Dec 25th 2009 at 10:10 AM by PopEater Staff
Brittany Murphy was laid to rest on Christmas Eve, with only a small group of her family and friends attending the funeral service in Los Angeles. Radar Online reports that 25 mourners attended the ceremony at Forest Lawn Memorial Park. Murphy's family announced that a larger memorial would be held in the new year....
- Posted Dec 24th 2009 at 12:12 PM by PopEater Staff
Angelo Bertolotti had not seen Brittany Murphy for more than a year before her shocking death Sunday, and he had never met her husband - but the distance between the father and daughter is not the reason Bertolotti will be skipping Murphy's Christmas Eve funeral. "If I wanted to go, I would go, but I don't want to see her that way," he tells E! News. "She was flawless to me. She was a little...
- Posted Dec 24th 2009 at 08:56 AM by PopEater Staff
DVD rental chain Redbox is frantically trying to remove a poster for Brittany Murphy's new straight-to-DVD movie, 'Deadline,' because it depicts the late star lifeless in a bathtub. Murphy passed out in her bathroom and later died Dec. 20 after suffering cardiac arrest. Autopsy results are pending. The grim poster had been placed at kiosks around the country early this month. The company...
Popeater Hot Topics
- All About the Judge Who Married Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
- Snooki's Son Meets JWoww's Daughter - and It's Adorable
- Check Out Kim Kardashian's Very Sheer Leather Bodysuit Gown - From All Angles
- Alleged hacked McKayla Maroney pics banned from Reddit; site says she would be underage in them
- Justin Bieber charged with assault, Ontario police say
- Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton reportedly turn down $1 million Las Vegas show deal
- In ?Velocity 2X,' new-school speed meets old-school charm
- Loki fans, rejoice: Here's an entire movie about him
- Warner Bros. registers four superhero-movie domain names: Is this DC Phase 2?
- JWoww's Baby Daughter, Meilani, Has First Play Date With Snooki's Son, Lorenzo—See the Adorable Pic!
- Victoria Justice Angered by "Massive Invasion of Privacy" After Tweeting That Leaked Nude Photos Were Fake
- Michael Sam to Undergo a Physical for the Dallas Cowboys: Will He Be Joining Tony Romo's Team?!