Posts with tag "bruce springsteen"
- Posted Jun 18th 2011 at 09:07 PM by Marc Schneider
He was the "Big Man" that Bruce Springsteen leaned on, both figuratively and literally, to provide the soul and heart of the legendary E Street Band. Now, that light has gone out. Clarence Clemons, the larger-than-life sax man in the world's greatest backing band, died Saturday of complications from a stroke suffered last week, a spokesman said. He was 69....
- Posted Apr 11th 2011 at 02:42 PM by PopEater Staff
We knew Snooki's $32,000 guest appearance at Rutgers in March didn't jive with all the New Jersey university's students. But now a group on campus is campaigning to get Bruce Springsteen to clean up Snooki's mess. A Facebook event titled 'College Ave Freeze Out: Let's Bring the Boss to Rutgers!' currently has almost 4,700 people showing support. "We have been constantly and incessantly...
- Posted Mar 17th 2011 at 03:30 PM by Spinner Editors
- Filed under:
- Music News
The car that was the inspiration for classic Bruce Springsteen songs like 'Jungleland' and 'Born to Run' is set to go on the auction block. The orange-flame painted 1957 Chevy convertible that once belonged to The Boss -- and was featured in his famous 1975 Time and Newsweek cover stories -- is expected to draw nearly $400,000 in an online auction currently underway. The notorious car, which...
- Posted Nov 17th 2010 at 04:30 PM by Jett Wells
It's official. Whatever Willow Smith follows up 'Whip My Hair' with will have a hard time living up to that catchiest of catchy songs. This week alone she got love from Girl Talk's 'All Day' and now Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Fallon have covered her on 'Late Night,' and it's only Wednesday. Fallon poses as Neil Young while he and The Boss (looking 1974'd up) give Willow's anthem its most manly...
- Posted Oct 6th 2010 at 02:47 PM by PopEater Staff
'Glee' has featured the music of some of the hottest acts on the planet, from Lady Gaga and Madonna to, most recently, Britney Spears, who also appeared on the show. But if the latest rumors are true, the show's next cameo could really rock. According to a report by Showbiz Spy and comments by 'Glee's' own Jane Lynch, Bruce Springsteen is rumored to be in talks for a cameo on the hit FOX show....
- Posted Feb 2nd 2010 at 02:40 PM by Steve Baltin
A two-time Grammy winner this year, Jason Mraz had much bigger issues on his mind when he spoke with PopEater at the ceremony. "I'm in the fight for marriage equality," Mraz told PopEater. "That's why I'm wearing this pin tonight. I've just been doing a couple of different activities and events speaking out as a straight man about civil rights." Mraz is the latest musician to join the fight for...
- Posted Jan 22nd 2010 at 12:30 PM by Melissa Daniels
Scores of stars are gathering for the 'Hope for Haiti Now' telethon to benefit earthquake victims. But of course it's not the first time that celebs have donated their time and money in the time of tragedy, domestic or international. Televised concerts and even merchandise have been used to raise relief money for decades. Such efforts have seen huge success rates, with millions of dollars being...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 02:54 PM by PopEater Staff
Beyonce and Madonna are the latest stars to flock to Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' telethon, joining some of the biggest names in music in a two-hour multi-network telecast benefiting the survivors of the devastating earthquake. 'Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief' will air on all major networks, featuring stars filmed in multiple locations worldwide. Bruce Springsteen,...
- Posted Jan 11th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Kenneth Partridge
- Filed under:
- Music News
At his Friday night solo show at New York City's Beacon Theater, Nick Jonas took time to bring out a pair of very special guests, proving the formula that if 2,000 teenage girls scream at X decibels for one Jonas Brother, they will risk hoarseness -- and the deafness of their parents -- to screech at 3X for three Jonas Brothers. "There are two people I want to share this moment with," Nick said...
- Posted Nov 19th 2009 at 01:13 PM by Amy Wilkinson
A city by any other name certainly isn't as sweet. Just ask Bruce Springsteen. Last week (on Friday the 13th, fittingly enough) The Boss mistakenly name-checked Ohio during an Auburn Hills, Michigan concert. The 60-year-old rocker referred to the Buckeye State several times during the show's first 30 minutes before guitarist Steve Van Zandt whispered the correct locale in his ear. A sheepish...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Samantha Harris Is 'Elated' to Be Cancer Free
- You Have to See Renowned Concert Pianist Lang Lang Play Mozart - on a Baby Piano
- Meet the Secret Service K-9 Heroes Who Took Down the White House Fence Jumper
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine
- Neil Patrick Harris Spills His Oscar Prep and Gets Fascinated by Jason Kennedy's Magic Trick—Watch Now!