Posts with tag "cancer"
- Posted Jun 13th 2011 at 07:04 AM by Kelly Fisher
It's a sad day in Hollywood. Laura Ziskin, best known for her work as a producer for the 'Spider-Man' film franchise, passed away Sunday after a long battle with breast cancer. She was 61. According to E! Online, in addition to her work on 'Spider-Man,' she also served as a producer for the 1990 hit 'Pretty Woman.' In 2002, she was also the first woman to serve as a solo producer for the Academ...
- Posted Nov 15th 2010 at 04:31 PM by John Mitchell
Oscar-winning actor Michael Douglas has emerged victorious from a court battle with his ex-wife over his earnings from his most recent film, 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.' Today, according to the New York Post, Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Matthew Cooper ruled that a New York courtroom was not an appropriate setting for the suit because Michael and Diandra Douglas' divorce was finalized in Ca...
- Posted Sep 20th 2010 at 11:16 PM by Rob Shuter
Michael Douglas exuded a quiet but resolute presence Monday night as he walked the red carpet at the New York premiere of his new movie, 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.' Sources close to the legendary actor tell me he is riddled with fear and finding it difficult to talk. "It's cancer, of course he is frightened," a friend of Michael's tells me. "He's 65 years old and has everything to live...
- Posted Jul 23rd 2010 at 01:13 PM by PopEater Staff
Michael C. Hall looked happy and healthy at San Diego's Comic-Con this week, appearing in support of the fifth season of 'Dexter.' The 38-year-old star fully recovered from cancer just months ago. Hall's wife, Jennifer Carpenter, called him "incredibly brave" when speaking about the battle in an AP interview in April. Hall announced in January that he was in remission after being diagnosed wi...
- Posted Apr 20th 2010 at 06:00 AM by Mike Hess
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Good News -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Health Issues -
- Interviews -
Exclusive: Chaz Ebert has been through some dreadful times in recent years, as Roger Ebert -- who you know as the most prominent film critic in the county, but she knows as her husband -- was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2002. He's since had several surgeries, the most recent of which removed a large portion of his jaw, leaving him unable to speak. Still, during an interview with PopEater, ...
- Posted Feb 9th 2010 at 05:49 PM by PopEater Staff
Louis Gossett Jr., best known for his Oscar-winning performance in the 1982 movie 'An Officer and a Gentleman,' is reportedly fighting the early stages of prostate cancer. According to the Los Angeles-based KTLA, the 73-year-old actor went public with his illness today. The reason: to "set an example for the large number of African-American men who are victims of this disease because of the com...
- Posted Nov 6th 2009 at 03:05 PM by Liana Maeby
Have you ever wanted to own Tila Tequila's breasts? Well, now you can – in a manner of speaking. The well-endowed TV personality is auctioning off a one-of-a-kind plaster cast of her upper torso, and the booby bidding is underway. And there's just one day left!...
- Posted Oct 8th 2009 at 04:43 PM by Bryan Alexander
If you happen to find yourself along the side of a road staring at a smiling 80-year-old sitting in the sidecar of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, you might just be having a Baldwin experience. The matron of the Baldwin brother movie clan is something of a character herself and known for donning a pink motorcycle helmet to lead motorcycle rallies which raise money for her Carol M. Baldwin Breast Can...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Creepy Crawler! See What Michael B. Jordan Eats in a Squirm-Inducing Sneak Peek at Running Wild with Bear Grylls
- The VMAs Mane Moments Your Pinterest Board Is Begging You to Save
- Arizona Mom Arrested for Allegedly Drowning Twin Sons in Bathtub
- Kacey Musgraves performs for terminally ill 5-year-old fan
- $50G of stolen jewelry taken from ex-'Real Housewives' star Kelly Bensimon
- Wildest looks at the 2015 VMAs