Posts with tag "cannes film festival"
- Posted May 23rd 2011 at 02:30 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
From Angelina Jolie's maternal instincts to Madonna's desperate attempt to recapture her youth, PopEater brings you the sartorial successes and big messes from the red carpets of Hollywood with our weekly Fashion Police. OK, we admit it. We went into our Cannes Film Festival photography in the hopes of finding some dreadful, inappropriate dresses. For the most part, we were terribly disappointe...
- Posted May 22nd 2011 at 02:50 PM by Christine Fenno
Robert De Niro, 2011 chair of the Cannes Film Festival's selection jury, announced the winner of the Palme d'Or at Sunday's closing ceremony in the South of France. 'Tree of Life,' a 1950's drama starring Brad Pitt and Sean Penn, and directed by Terrence Malick, won the prestigious top prize. Two producers accepted, reports CBS News. Pitt appeared at the Cannes screening of 'Tree of Life' la...
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 11:44 AM by Elizabeth Yun
Following some rather colorful remarks from controversial Danish director Lars von Trier, the Cannes Film Festival declared him a persona non grata on Thursday (May 19), according to The Hollywood Reporter. Von Trier raised more than a few eyebrows when he made some off-the-cuff comments at the press conference for his new film 'Melancholia' starring Kirsten Dunst and Charlotte Gainsbourg. A ve...
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 12:01 PM by Elizabeth Yun
It was a match made in Hollywood heaven when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie teamed up to star as a married couple secretly moonlighting as assassins in 2005's 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith.' The onscreen chemistry was so palpable that it wasn't long before it seeped into reality. Now, six years and six children (three adopted, three biological) later, the power couple is looking to revisit that professional...
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 11:35 AM by John Mitchell
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Movie News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Kirsten Dunst
From Moviefone: Notorious wallflower Lars von Trier, director of acclaimed indies like 'Dogville,' 'Dancer in the Dark' and 'Antichrist,' did what he does best at the Cannes Film Festival press conference for his latest film 'Melancholia,' "a beautiful movie about the end of the world" starring Kirsten Dunst, Kiefer Sutherland and Alexander Skarsgard. And by that we mean he caused a ruckus by sayi...
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 07:01 AM by Kelly Fisher
Leo who? Newly single Bar Refaeli hit the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival looking stunning after what has undoubtedly been a stressful time in her life. Refaeli walked alone in front of photographers at the Cannes premiere of Jody Foster's 'The Beaver.' According to Just Jared, the Israeli-born model wore a navy blue Roberto Cavalli gown and Chopard jewelry. "Cannes :) so peaceful ...
- Posted May 16th 2011 at 12:51 PM by Elizabeth Yun
Movies and sun aren't the only thing Kanye West is soaking up in Cannes. The controversial rapper, who is in France for the Cannes Film Festival, is enjoying some affection from the fairer sex as well. He was spotted kissing a mystery blonde on his hotel terrace on Sunday (May 15), and the pair didn't seem to mind putting on a show for photographers. This throws a big question mark over rumors ...
- Posted May 16th 2011 at 12:11 PM by Elizabeth Yun
Good scripts aren't the only thing that Brad Pitt factors into his decision-making process when he chooses his roles. Pitt, who is currently at the Cannes Film Festival premiering his latest flick 'The Tree of Life,' told reporters on Monday that his children are the most important driver in all his choices, People reports. "I think of everything I do now that my kids are going to see when they...
- Posted May 12th 2011 at 04:16 PM by Elizabeth Yun
The always cute and stylish Rachel McAdams made an interesting choice at the premiere of her film 'Midnight in Paris' at the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday night. The petite starlet looked adorable, sporting curly blonde locks, but what was going on south of her shoulders really had onlookers gawping. McAdams' showed up to the premiere of the Woody Allen-directed comedy wearing a barely ther...
- Posted May 20th 2010 at 08:30 PM by PopEater Staff
Lindsay Lohan is no longer a wanted woman. Earlier today, Lohan missed a mandatory DUI progress report hearing and the judge issued a bench warrant for her arrest. Bail was set at $100,000. Now, TMZ is reporting that Lohan's people have already posted the standard 10% of bail ($10,000) needed to secure the bond and in turn, the judge revoked the warrant. She'll no longer be arrested at U.S. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- VIDEO: Take a Tour of Bethenny Frankel's Gorgeous Hamptons House - You'll Want an Invite!
- The Very Best Celebrity Food Photos of the Week from Chrissy Teigen, Kim Kardashian, and More
- Gisele Bündchen Shares Sweet Photo of Tom Brady and Vivian After Deflategate Victory: 'My Heart Melts'
- Ex-Miss Nevada Katherine Reese busted again for meth possession, report says
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Hello, Ed Skrein! Five Things You Need to Know About Hollywood's Hottest New Action Star
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Resolving Australian Dog Deportation Drama: ''I Killed My Dogs and Ate Them''
- Back On! Emma Roberts and Evan Peters Spotted Holding Hands Almost 3 Months After Ending Engagement