Posts with tag "cannes"
- Posted May 23rd 2011 at 02:30 AM by Chris Jancelewicz
From Angelina Jolie's maternal instincts to Madonna's desperate attempt to recapture her youth, PopEater brings you the sartorial successes and big messes from the red carpets of Hollywood with our weekly Fashion Police. OK, we admit it. We went into our Cannes Film Festival photography in the hopes of finding some dreadful, inappropriate dresses. For the most part, we were terribly disappointe...
- Posted May 21st 2011 at 11:54 AM by Moviefone Editors
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Damage control is underway for Lars von Trier. The Danish director of Kirsten Dunst's latest film made incendiary remarks in Cannes claiming to "sympathize" with Hitler, which got him swiftly banned from the film festival. Now, while von Trier seems to be loving his new status as bad-boy of the fest, he also insists, "I'm not Mel Gibson." As it happens, a rant-free Gibson popped up in Cannes...
- Posted May 20th 2011 at 03:15 PM by Jo Piazza
Former lovers Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams (pictured here in 2007) were very careful to avoid running into one another at the Cannes Film Festival in the south of France this week. Rachel arrived earlier in the week to promote her new Woody Allen flick, 'Midnight in Paris.' And just as McAdams was heading out of the city, Gosling arrived at the festival to promote his thriller, 'Drive.' C...
- Posted May 19th 2011 at 01:15 PM by Jo Piazza
Hollywood has imported more than film and celebrity to the Cannes Film Festival in the south of France. It's also brought along its pet religion, Scientology. Yes, a Scientology recruiting outpost has been set up just off the festival's main drag, a couple blocks from the Palais des Festivals, since the start of the film orgy last week. This center has a crew that speaks five languages, cons...
- Posted May 18th 2011 at 11:45 PM by Jo Piazza
Danish director Lars von Trier was on a roll on Wednesday at the press conference for his new flick 'Melancholia,' which opened at the Cannes Film Festival. Not only did he claim he was a Nazi sympathizer (he later apologized) and tell reporters he wanted to make a hardcore porn with his leading lady Kirsten Dunst, he also threw Dunst under the bus about her battle with depression. Explaining t...
- Posted May 14th 2011 at 10:10 AM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Movie News
Saturday at the Cannes Film Festival in the South of France, Johnny Depp joined Penelope Cruz to talk up the premiere of his 3-D sequel 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,' the fourth in the smash hit Disney series. Depp, 47, said his Captain Jack character is back by popular demand, and he's happy to oblige. "If the people get tired of it or something, that's when it stops, I thi...
- Posted May 12th 2011 at 11:02 AM by Zach Dionne
Angelina Jolie, Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman gave an odd press conference at the Cannes Film Festival today, detailed in a highly entertaining report over at Vulture. According to reporter Jada Yuan, Jolie, who voices Tigress in the computer animated 'Kung Fu Panda 2' and its predecessor, was grilled about "Jolie's children, Jolie's motherhood, Jolie playing tough women, Jolie playing a tigres...
- Posted May 12th 2010 at 09:00 PM by PopEater Staff
The 63rd Annual Cannes Film Festival kicked off this week, and even massive storms on the French Riviera didn't keep the stars away. The 'Robin Hood' premiere gala on opening night attracted several of Hollywood's biggest A-list celebrities, each one dressed to the nines, while the 'Wall Street' crew looked nothing short of dapper during their film's premiere. Kate Beckinsale, Cate Blanche...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kyle Chandler Channels Coach Taylor in New Friday Night Lights-Inspired PSA
- Gigi Hadid: 'I've Never Been Scared of Being Naked in Pictures'
- Maks Chmerkovskiy Talks Balancing Work and Love with Peta Murgatroyd, Calls Time Apart 'a Hiccup' Along the Way
- Bobbi Kristina Brown to be buried next to mom Whitney Houston
- Wife: Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka diagnosed with stomach cancer
- Bella Hadid and mom Yolanda Foster prove apple doesn't fall far from the tree