Posts with tag "cbs evening news"
- Posted Apr 25th 2011 at 10:20 AM by PopEater Staff
We knew it. You knew it. Even your dog knew it and now CBS is said to finally have a plan in place to say farewell to Katie Couric at 'CBS Evening News.' Sources familiar with the exit strategy tell The New York Times that a major announcement will be made when Couric returns from covering the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. What will they say? According to four insiders who...
- Posted Jan 4th 2010 at 05:41 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Nearly six months after Walter Cronkite's death, his voice is leaving the 'CBS Evening News.' His introduction of anchor Katie Couric was replaced Monday by a voiceover featuring actor Morgan Freeman. The legendary CBS News anchor's voice was played at the beginning of most newscasts when Couric started at CBS in 2006. Cronkite's voice was kept on the air even after his death July 17. ...
- Posted Nov 24th 2009 at 04:32 PM by PopEater Staff
Katie Couric is not just reading the headlines this week, she's making them -- well, at least old photos of her are. Photos of the 'CBS Evening News' anchor dancing following her anchoring debut in 2006 were posted on Gawker.com, showing Couric working the dancefloor with her daughters. Couric is seen busting a movie, and in one shot is seen holding her legs and, as the kids say, dropping it li...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 03:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Speculation is rising that late night talk powerhouse Larry King will be hanging up his 'Live' mic when his current contract with CNN expires in 18 months. If he does retire, which King himself has revealed little interest in doing, there is no shortage of potential successors waiting in the wings. Rumored contenders to take Larry's chair include 'American Idol' host Ryan Seacrest, network a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''