Posts with tag "celebenomics"
- Posted May 22nd 2010 at 09:00 AM by Jo Piazza
Now that Kendra Wilkinson stands to gain 50% of the profits from sales of an old sex tape being released by Vivid Entertainment, folks are buzzing that she could make millions of dollars off of the illicit tape. And by the looks of the early pre-sale numbers, Kendra might be rolling in dough soon enough. TMZ reports that Kendra's sex tape has the highest pre-sale numbers of any celebrity tape...
- Posted Apr 11th 2010 at 01:00 PM by Jo Piazza
Would you buy an 'Eat, Pray, Love' necklace? What if Julia Roberts looks really really pretty wearing one in the upcoming movie from Sony Pictures? Would you buy it then? Los Angeles-based jewelry company Dogeared, maker of pretty trinkets like "karma" and "chakra" necklaces, is betting that plenty of folks will answer yes to that question and has inked a deal with Sony Pictures to make...
- Posted Apr 8th 2010 at 08:00 PM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- Sex That's SFW -
- TV News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Celebenomics With Jo Piazza -
- Sandra Bullock
Most men have to pay to play when they're trying to impress the ladies. You would think the amount they spend would increase accordingly if they're rich and famous. You would think it would go up even more so if they come with a lot of baggage...and if that baggage comes in the form of a wife. With the current epidemic of high profile cheaters, we now have the ability to examine the spending...
- Posted Mar 24th 2010 at 11:00 AM by Jo Piazza
Now that celebrities have a direct line to their fans and to the media through their Facebook and Twitter accounts, are they rendering the high paid celebrity publicist obsolete? Well, the spinmeisters who make their clients famous and take over the reigns when stars go bad certainly hope not. The average celebrity publicist has typically been able to command fees between $4,000 to $15,000 a...
- Posted Mar 12th 2010 at 02:00 PM by Jo Piazza
The Dow is up for the third day in a row. Hurrah! But rather than bore you with talk of retail returns, we thought we'd take a look at something much more fun. Whose personal stock, literally and figuratively, got a boost this week? Here at PopEater, we are obsessed with the ups and downs of fame. And these days, there are so many ways folks can use fame and celebrity to increase their value in...
- Posted Mar 8th 2010 at 04:23 PM by Jo Piazza
It's comforting to know we live in an age where no investment bank, car company or celebrity hot mess will ever be left behind. In the era of government bailouts and cross-aisle calls for economic revival ABC's 'Dancing with the Stars' has become the public relations equivalent of a Fed bailout....
- Posted Mar 1st 2010 at 11:48 AM by Jo Piazza
It's been over a week since Tiger Woods' apologetic quasi-press conference, and as everyone dissects what this means for El Tigre, the better question is what it means for Elin. After her hubby's confessions and indiscretions, the cuckolded Swedish meatball has all the leverage she needs to grab herself a serious slice of his $600 million fortune. All signs now point toward a reconciliation --...
- Posted Feb 23rd 2010 at 01:55 PM by Jo Piazza
Sometimes while watching the antics of Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, Kris and Bruce on 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians,' we forget that beyond being a kooky family, they're also a money-making machine. However, we were reminded just last week how fantastic a manager Kris Jenner is when Kim unveiled her latest endeavor: The Kim Kardashian Vanilla Cupcake Mix....
- Posted Feb 19th 2010 at 06:50 AM by Jo Piazza
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Sex That's SFW -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Celebenomics With Jo Piazza
Nothing bequeaths instant notoriety like a good old-fashioned sex scandal. Tiger Woods is well aware of this, and today he will take the first step in cleaning up his image with his press conference and mea culpa. But what about all the ladies? In the case of the Woods' affair(s), the market for mistresses has grown quite competitive. How does one gal differentiate herself from the pack of...
- Posted Feb 16th 2010 at 02:41 PM by Jo Piazza
With all the fuss over possible nude photos of the 'The Jersey Shore's' Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi hitting the Web this week, an important question must be asked: Is now the right time for Snook to cash in on her flash-in-the-pan celebrity and pose for Playboy? The men's magazine has a long and storied history of paying celebrities (and the people who fill their shoes for fifteen minutes) large...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendall and Kylie's Latest Fashion Shoot: 'We Don't Remember a Time Before the Cameras'
- Gov. Rick Perry Booked, Gets Mug Shot Taken
- Sarah Jessica Parker: The Burger that Changed Our Lives
- Metal rockers Motley Crue find welcome embrace in Nashville for country tribute album
- George Strait announces 'Rides Away' album
- NFL reportedly asking music acts to pay for playing Super Bowl halftime show
- Lindsay Lohan posts selfie with Tina Fey during EW's ?Mean Girls' reunion
- The Rock is starring in DC's ?Shazam'? as the villain? An investigation
- Exclusive: The cast of Broadway's ?It's Only a Play' reenacts Ellen's Oscar selfie
- Johnny Depp and Daughter Lily-Rose Team Up for New Film Yoga Hosers
- Terrence Jenkins, Catt Sadler and Jesse Giddings Get Soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge—Watch Now!
- Vin Diesel Poses Naked in Racy Shower Photo After Completing the Ice Bucket Challenge—Take a Look!