Posts with tag "charity"
- Posted Oct 14th 2010 at 06:00 PM by Ben Trivett
Everyone knows that a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, these photos need only three to say what they mean: "Love is Louder." Celeb photographer and PopEater bud Tyler Shields got together with MTV, The Jed Foundation and actress Brittany Snow to take on a very serious topic – teen suicide. The Love is Louder campaign began working to put a stop to teen suicide months ago, before...
- Posted Oct 4th 2010 at 04:05 PM by Maggie Coughlan
Looks like Jon Stewart isn't the only one making jokes at the expense of disgraced CNN anchor Rick Sanchez. "It's a great loss to news ... and to America," laughed 'The Daily Show' correspondent, John Oliver on the red carpet of Comedy Central's 'Night of Too Many Stars.' Sanchez was fired last week from his position at CNN after a six-year career at the network, a result of inflammatory...
- Posted May 26th 2010 at 06:40 PM by PopEater Staff
As Oprah Winfrey's talk show comes to an end, her charity, The Angel Network, will also be closing its doors, the Huffington Post reports. Oprah's charity began in 1998 using donations from her talk show viewers. But with the impeding end of the talk show in 2011, it was decided to shut down the charity too, Angel Network spokeswoman Angela DePaul said. The charity ceased taking donations...
- Posted May 14th 2010 at 11:44 AM by Michelle Ruiz
Edward Norton is best known for hard-hitting turns in cult-classic films like 'Fight Club' and 'American History X,' but he recently took a brief break from butt-kicking to launch Crowdrise.com, a social networking site that helps users raise money for the causes they care about. (Think of it as a super socially-conscious version of Facebook.) Crowdrise is shaping up to be as star-studded as...
- Posted Mar 19th 2010 at 12:58 PM by Maggie Coughlan
On 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta,' Lisa Wu Hartwell is best known for her business-savvy mindset and bubbly personality. But now she's taking a step back from the weekly drama on 'Housewives' to join forces with 'Unveil Your Pink,' a fundraiser to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a breast cancer research organization. Lisa spoke to PopEater about why breast cancer research is close to her...
- Posted Mar 18th 2010 at 05:40 PM by Zach Dionne
David Arquette's got a lot going on -- adoption rumors to shut down, a clothing line to with Ben Harper, the first 'Scream' movie in 10 years. However, one of his biggest passions is his work with Feeding America, the country's leading charity for domestic hunger relief. Arquette is the chairman of the organization's Entertainment Council. Tonight, Arquette will host a performance in LA by...
- Posted Mar 8th 2010 at 11:02 AM by Simona Rabinovitch
EXCLUSIVE: Will.i.am of Grammy-winning pop group Black Eyed Peas was in New York last week to launch a global health fundraising campaign aimed at travelers called MASSIVEGOOD. PopEater was one of the few outlets to snag some coveted time with the hip-hop savant, as he explained why charity is so near and dear to his heart, and how your vacation can help out the needy. Check It Out: ...
- Posted Nov 3rd 2009 at 03:28 PM by Jo Piazza
There is no doubt that new school Hollywood looks up to the old school when it comes to charting their career paths. Brooke Shields' time at Princeton was an inspiration to young actresses like Claire Danes, Natalie Portman and Emma Watson who took a detour into the Ivy Leagues before building their careers. Every young starlet and actor wants the career arc of Hollywood legends like...
- Posted Oct 8th 2009 at 04:43 PM by Bryan Alexander
If you happen to find yourself along the side of a road staring at a smiling 80-year-old sitting in the sidecar of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, you might just be having a Baldwin experience. The matron of the Baldwin brother movie clan is something of a character herself and known for donning a pink motorcycle helmet to lead motorcycle rallies which raise money for her Carol M. Baldwin Breast...
- Posted Sep 16th 2009 at 05:00 PM by PopEater Staff
How does two tickets to Scarlett Johansson's 'Iron Man 2' premiere next summer and possibly meeting the Golden Globe-nominated superstar sound? Pretty sweet, right? What if we told you that it's possible, and you'd be donating to a good cause as well? Even better. Scarlett is teaming up with eBay and Oxfam America to auction off a bunch of Hollywood-related items, including two tickets to the...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pine: I Learned to Sing in the Shower
- Sexiest Director Alive? Channing Tatum Is About to Helm His First Movie
- The Way She Was: New Photo Book Showcases Barbra Streisand's Early Years in Hollywood
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Grabs FKA Twigs' Butt After Holding Her Hand During Romantic Stroll
- Evan Ross Teases "Incredible" New Music With Ashlee Simpson, Would "Love" to Duet With Diana Ross
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Join Justin Bieber to Celebrate Hailey Baldwin's 18th Birthday—Take a Look!