Posts with tag "cher"
- Posted May 17th 2011 at 10:59 PM by Rob Shuter
In the past, Cher acknowledged she had a hard time accepting her child's decision to undergo a sex change, and now Chaz Bono tells PopEater he believes his famous mom's reluctance may have been a "generational thing" and that she was not only shocked by his decision but also surprised at how quickly others adapted to it. "I think she was surprised. I think she didn't expect people to be able to...
- Posted May 2nd 2011 at 02:15 AM by Christo Varghese
It looks like Cher has finally accepted her son Chaz Bono's gender change. PEOPLE is reporting that Cher held a private screening of the documentary 'Becoming Chaz' at her Malibu home over the weekend. In the documentary, Chaz's story about his transformation from a woman to a man is told and it is scheduled to premier on Oprah's OWN Network next week. A friend of Cher is quoted saying,...
- Posted Dec 16th 2010 at 09:48 AM by Zach Dionne
For a few days, Cher surprised her fans with new, flame-orange hair (or a wig?), but just as quickly, she's back to black. The 64-year-old star's rep told the New York Daily News that Cher "just has fun playing dress up and switching things around; it's fun for her."...
- Posted Dec 14th 2010 at 09:14 AM by Zach Dionne
Ditching her dark locks for something a little way brighter, Cher has been making the 'Burlesque' premiere rounds in Europe with flame-red hair. While actresses like Emma Stone and Lily Cole have been ditching their red 'dos to go blonde and brunette, respectively, we dig Cher's bold new color....
- Posted Nov 25th 2010 at 09:00 AM by John Mitchell
Let's face it: Thanksgiving, like every other familial holiday, can be a little stressful. Need an escape from the madness, a reason to put grandma to bed early and hit the town? Check out what's playing at your local movie theater. Thanksgiving brings with it one of the biggest movie weekends of the year, so there's usually something for everyone. Let's take a look:...
- Posted Nov 22nd 2010 at 09:00 AM by Moviefone Editors
Cher and Christina Aguilera, co-stars of the new movie 'Burlesque,' interviewed each other -- with questions from fans -- for MovieFone's Unscripted and told us everything from what attracted them to the movie to their most uncomfortable moment during filming. For Aguilera, 'Burlesque' has additional importance, as it is her feature film acting debut. She reveals she was at once both...
- Posted Nov 16th 2010 at 08:00 AM by PopEater Staff
Christina Aguilera and Cher attended the premiere of their film 'Burlesque' on Monday at Hollywood's Grauman's Chinese Theater. Aguilera wore an Elie Saab emerald green empire waist silk chiffon gown and Neil Lane jewels. Cher, 64, debuted a more risque outfit -- stepping onto the red carpet in a sparkly black dress with a plunging neckline, very high hemline and lacy bra. In the film, Aguilera...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2010 at 07:06 AM by PopEater Staff
It's taking Cher some time to get used to having a son named Chaz Bono, rather than a daughter named Chastity. In the new Vanity Fair, the singing icon talks candidly about her first born child's gender-reassignment surgery last year, and why it's been hard wrapping her head around it. "If I woke up tomorrow in a guy's body, I would just kick and scream and cry and f****ing rob a bank,...
- Posted Oct 1st 2010 at 02:00 PM by Moviefone Editors
Here's your first glimpse at the new trailer for 'Burlesque' -- in theaters everywhere Nov. 24 -- which stars Christina Aguilera doing what she does best opposite mentor (and Oscar winner) Cher. The trailer, which looks to combine elements of 'Moulin Rouge,' 'Chicago' and 'Showgirls' (minus all that nudity and violence) offers plenty of fireworks including some showstopping moments from...
- Posted Sep 22nd 2010 at 06:21 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
- Filed under:
- Music News
Cher's final curtain on her headline show on the Las Vegas Strip is set for Feb. 5 after about 200 shows. Officials at the Caesars Palace hotel-casino said Tuesday that tickets for Cher's final run of shows starting Jan. 11 will go on sale Saturday. The last show ends a three-year residency for the iconic singer known for over-the-top costumes, elaborate showmanship and hits spanning several...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real or Faux? Sandra Bullock Has Blonde Hair (PHOTO)
- Rare Bear Attack Kills College Student in New Jersey
- Check Out the World's Deepest Pool
- Vin Diesel unrecognizable In 'The Last Witch Hunter'
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- 'DWTS' recap: Michael Waltrip gets a flat; Sadie Robertson does ... country jazz?
- Robin Williams' Mork spacesuit is going up for auction
- Ana Gasteyer apologizes to (and cooks with) Martha Stewart
- Dorothy Wang, Roxy Sowlaty and Jonny Drubel Battle Countless Mosquitoes—See the #RichKids of Beverly Hills Deleted Scene!
- Awkward: Beau Mirchoff Promises Matty Isn't as Naive as You Think About Eva's Pregnancy—Plus, Watch an Exclusive Clip!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike Debuts Shaved Haircut—See the Pic!