Posts with tag "chris farley"
- Posted Nov 24th 2009 at 01:02 PM by Shelley White
It's clear that clever CGI techs can make anybody do pretty much anything on film. Though that could be seen as a good thing -- the ultimate hot-guy flick starring James Dean, a young Marlon Brando and Johnny Depp perhaps? -- it has also ended up producing some of the most crass advertisements in recent memory. The ethics are murky. It seems okay to reproduce a famous dead person for artistic reas...
- Posted Nov 13th 2009 at 02:35 PM by Bruce Haring
The recent DirecTV commercial with the image of the late Chris Farley cavorting with David Spade begs the question – which living celebs have that kind of afterlife? Will Jay-Z's relatives have 'Hova sell a Honda? Will Taylor Swift's estate have her pushing a Swiffer when she's pushing up daisies? What about today's reality TV stars? Any post shelf-life prospects? "No," says Amy Fergus...
- Posted Oct 26th 2009 at 09:54 PM by Sam Brand
Wondering why 'Heather O'Rourke,' 'Mark Sanchez Hot Dog,' and 'Coconut Crab' are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin' tonight......
- Posted Oct 26th 2009 at 06:00 PM by PopEater Staff
Direct TV brought back the late Chris Farley in their new ad campaign and has viewers in a twist citing that it is tasteless and insensitive. But this won't be the first time the company has used dead celebrities to hype their products. Last year, the company was under attack after featuring Heather O' Rourke in 'The Poltergeist' -- she died in 1988 at the age of 12. ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Share: What The Bachelorette Kaitlyn Bristowe Eats in a Day
- The Bachelor's Sean Lowe Responds to Celebrity Wife Swap Backlash
- Want to Live like Royalty? Ex-Greek King's Former London Mansion Is for Sale - and His Godson Prince William Used to Party There!
- Alabama to release first new country album in 14 years
- Judge: Sale of convent to Katy Perry likely invalid
- Relativity Media files for bankruptcy protection