Posts with tag "chris medina"
- Posted Feb 25th 2011 at 01:36 PM by Dave Steinfeld
Fans of 'American Idol' know that periodically, a contestant brings more than a good voice to the show -- they bring an emotional backstory that touches both the judges and the viewers. This year, that contestant was Chris Medina. The 26-year-old aspiring singer from Illinois was engaged to marry Juliana Ramos, his longtime girlfriend, in December 2009. But two months before they were suppose...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 05:25 PM by Amber James
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- American Idol -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Jennifer Lopez -
- Steven Tyler -
- Randy Jackson
Chris Medina was cut Wednesday night from 'American Idol,' less than a month after telling the world his heartbreaking story about standing by his severely disabled fiancee. Tasked with delivering the bad news to Medina, judge Jennifer Lopez finally let her guard down and wept uncontrollably. Lopez's raw and surprising show of emotion proves there is still some humanity left in Hollywood, even...
- Posted Feb 24th 2011 at 05:30 AM by AOL TV Editors
Perhaps because she was told "No" so often early in her own career, Jennifer Lopez has struggled with that part of her job all season long. But no "No" had such an impact on her as when fan-favorite Chris Medina was cut just short of the 'American Idol' Top 24. His story of standing by his severely disabled fiancee touched America's heart, and his heartfelt performances touched the judges week ...
- Posted Jan 27th 2011 at 05:39 PM by Marc Schneider
EXCLUSIVE: 'American Idol' viewers are still wiping away tears after watching Chris Medina audition in honor of his brain-damaged fiancee this week, and The Script, the Irish trio responsible for the heart-wrenching ballad he sang, tells PopEater they're "moved" by his performance of 'Breakeven' and are pulling for him to win. "We write our music from a pure and honest place and to see Chris si...
- Posted Jan 27th 2011 at 01:19 PM by Marc Schneider
There's something about 'American Idol,' tragedy and great singers. During season eight, we had Danny Gokey, who auditioned four weeks after his wife's death and went on to the finals. On Wednesday, viewers met, wept and cheered for a Chicago barista named Chris Medina, who stood by his fiancee, Juliana Ramos, after she suffered a traumatic brain injury in an accident just two months before their ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Utah Photographer Helps Kids with Cancer Live Their Fairy Tale Dreams and '‘Forget Their Worries for a While'
- Haylie Duff Introduces Daughter Ryan Ava - See Her First Photo!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Shows Off His Bond With Animals in Sweet (and Smelly?) #TBT Post
- Courtney Stodden's mom Krista regrets letting daughter marry older husband
- Justin Bieber explains why he cried after his VMAs performance
- Tom Brady and Gisele deflating? Couple hits 'rocky point' but still 'in love'
- Caitlyn Jenner Wants to Apply for Golf Membership as "Bruce"—Watch the I Am Cait Clip
- Look Away, Kermit! Miss Piggy's Secret Trailer Rendezvous Revealed in New The Muppets Promo
- Elephant Attacks Safari Truck Filled With Tourists in Zimbabwe—Watch the Terrifying GoPro Video!