Posts with tag "christiane amanpour"
- Posted Feb 3rd 2011 at 11:08 AM by John Mitchell
As the violence between protesters supporting Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and those calling for the president's immediate removal from office continues to escalate in Egypt, several well-known journalists have come under attack. CNN's Anderson Cooper was punched in the face repeatedly by a pro-Mubarak mob, and now CBS's Katie Couric and ABC's Christiane Amanpour have also had frightening ...
- Posted May 19th 2010 at 07:07 AM by PopEater Staff
Campbell Brown is exiting her CNN post, admitting she can't compete with her cable competitors, The New York Times reports. "The simple fact is that not enough people want to watch my program, and I owe it to myself and to CNN to get out of the way so that CNN can try something else. CNN will have to figure out what that is," she wrote in a statement. "Shedding my own journalistic skin to ...
- Posted Mar 19th 2010 at 09:55 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
ABC News has hired Christiane Amanpour, one of CNN's best-known personalities for her hard-nosed reporting from war zones over the past two decades, to host its Sunday morning political talk show starting this summer. She replaces George Stephanopoulos, who left 'This Week' in December to take over as co-host of ABC's 'Good Morning America.' Amanpour was chosen over some internal ABC ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- PEOPLE Editors Pick the Four Best Gowns of This Year's Cannes Film Festival
- Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos, Stars of Extra Virgin, Fuse Tofu & Berries for Summertime Treat
- Will Smith Raps Fresh Prince Theme Song with Son Jaden - and Dances with Alfonso Ribeiro!
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?
- Sorry, folks, Jimmy Kimmel didn't really buy that $1.9 million nude Bea Arthur painting
- PopWatch Confessional TV Jukebox edition: What songs do you wish you'd heard on TV this year?