Posts with tag "christiane amanpour"
- Posted Feb 3rd 2011 at 11:08 AM by John Mitchell
As the violence between protesters supporting Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and those calling for the president's immediate removal from office continues to escalate in Egypt, several well-known journalists have come under attack. CNN's Anderson Cooper was punched in the face repeatedly by a pro-Mubarak mob, and now CBS's Katie Couric and ABC's Christiane Amanpour have also had frightening...
- Posted May 19th 2010 at 07:07 AM by PopEater Staff
Campbell Brown is exiting her CNN post, admitting she can't compete with her cable competitors, The New York Times reports. "The simple fact is that not enough people want to watch my program, and I owe it to myself and to CNN to get out of the way so that CNN can try something else. CNN will have to figure out what that is," she wrote in a statement. "Shedding my own journalistic skin to...
- Posted Mar 19th 2010 at 09:55 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
ABC News has hired Christiane Amanpour, one of CNN's best-known personalities for her hard-nosed reporting from war zones over the past two decades, to host its Sunday morning political talk show starting this summer. She replaces George Stephanopoulos, who left 'This Week' in December to take over as co-host of ABC's 'Good Morning America.' Amanpour was chosen over some internal ABC...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Cynthia Lynn, Hogan's Heroes Actress, Dies
- Stacy Keibler Marries Jared Pobre: See the Exclusive Photos
- Chris Pine Charged with Drunken Driving in New Zealand
- Iggy Pop, New Order, Patti Smith, the National and more jam at Carnegie Hall for Tibet benefit
- Christina Bianco wows with singer impressions, performs 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
- Celebs sign on to campaign to ban the word 'bossy'
- This Week's Cover: The criminally underrated ?Orphan Black'
- ?The Originals' react: Chapter 2(000)
- ?New Girl' recap: Courtroom Brown
- Duck Dynasty Star Sadie Robertson: People Don't Need to Worry That I'll "Turn Out Like Miley Cyrus"
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands During Date Night in New York City—See the Pic!
- Shailene Woodley Slams Twilight Series: It Was About a "Very Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship"