Posts with tag "cnn"
- Posted Feb 6th 2011 at 01:09 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- TV News
Escalating violence in Egypt targeting journalists and camera crews, all trying to report on the massive demonstrations that broke out Jan. 25, have prompted many news teams to evacuate for safety. NBC's Brian Williams and CBS' Katie Couric left the country on Thursday. Anderson Cooper, despite being attacked Feb. 2, insisted days later that "we will find a way" to stay and cover the protests ...
- Posted Feb 2nd 2011 at 10:45 AM by John Mitchell
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Politics -
- Health Issues -
- TV News -
- Hottest Stories -
- Huffington Post - Entertainment
Anderson Cooper and his crew were attacked by supporters of embattled Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Cairo early Wednesday, according to the Huffington Post. CNN Coverage Manager Steve Brusk tweeted that Cooper "was punched 10 times in the head as pro-Mubarak mob surrounded him and his crew trying to cover demonstration." Cooper was covering dueling demonstrations between pro-Mubarak ...
- Posted Dec 21st 2010 at 08:05 AM by Rob Shuter
Kathy Griffin has miraculously been asked to return for co-hosting duties on CNN's New Year's Eve countdown, but she's revealed that her contract states if she blurts one more F-Bomb on the air -- as she did last year, "they're going to pull me from the air." She told Howard Stern that it's "in my contract that I can't say f**k." Last year the never-subtle comedienne dropped more than the ...
- Posted Dec 16th 2010 at 10:00 PM by PopEater / Wire Services
Surrounded by some of his favorite guests, Larry King signed off for the last time Thursday night. After 25 years, King hung up his suspenders and ended his iconic interview show, 'Larry King Live.' Led by friend and protégé Ryan Seacrest, a star-studded collection of guests were on hand (or sent videos) thanking the legend for his years of service to journalism. Regis Philbin, ...
- Posted Nov 29th 2010 at 04:19 PM by Sarah Crow
Dr. Drew Pinsky of 'Celebrity Rehab' fame has landed a new gig as the host of an upcoming show on CNN's "News and Views" network, HLN. The show will provide a forum for Pinsky's reflections on news stories and individuals covered by HLN each day. Pinsky, a certified physician who came to prominence offering medical expertise on 'Loveline,' has signed on to begin hosting duties in the spring of ...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 12:40 PM by John Mitchell
Wednesday night, Larry King expected (and tried his best) to talk to Jon Stewart about his upcoming "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear," but the ballsy star had other plans and spent much of his time criticizing CNN and the net's choice to replace King with Piers Morgan, who is, according to Stewart, "a British guy no one's heard of." Stewart did reveal that his rally with Comedy Central ...
- Posted Sep 8th 2010 at 11:47 AM by PopEater Staff
CNN has made it official, announcing Wednesday that reality TV host and former tabloid editor Piers Morgan will replace the departing Larry King in the coveted 9PM time slot, according to The New York Times. The British-born Morgan, currently a judge on NBC's 'America's Got Talent,' will debut the as-yet-unnamed interview show in January, a month after King signs off from the long-running ...
- Posted Aug 6th 2010 at 07:20 AM by PopEater Staff
Rapper and former Fugees singer Wyclef Jean made the first televised announcement of his bid for the Haitian presidency last night on CNN. After several satellite interview segments between Wyclef and Wolf Blitzer, philanthropist and actor Sean Penn shared harsh words for the Haitian-born rapper, questioning his motives and value as a leader. "This is somebody who's going to receive an ...
- Posted Jun 30th 2010 at 04:10 PM by Joel Keller
Pop-Ed: Soon after Larry King announced last night that he was giving up his daily 'Larry King Live' show in the fall, his guest, Bill Maher, turned the tables on King and asked him a question: Who would he like to see as his replacement? Larry's answer was surprising, at least to some: Ryan Seacrest. ...
- Posted Jun 22nd 2010 at 10:22 AM by PopEater Staff
"Everyone's really pissed off," Jenny McCarthy told Ryan Seacrest, co-host of last night's Gulf Coast relief telethon on CNN, as she monitored tweets about BP's oil spill catastrophe. Well said, Jenny. Larry King's star-studded telethon, which benefited individuals impacted by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, featured the likes of Justin Bieber, Cameron Diaz, Ke$ha and Ted Danson and ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift, Lorde, Katy Perry Score Grammy Noms - But Miley Cyrus is Shut Out
- The Father of Evelyn Lozada's Baby Is...
- Heidi Klum Won't Have Plastic Surgery Because 'I've Been Too Scared'
- Jay Z leads Grammy nominations with 9
- Actors who played real people
- Bob Dylan's Newport guitar sells in NY for $965,000
- ?The Following' season 1 video recaps ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS
- ?Sound of Music Live!': The original film's Von Trapp children respond
- ?Vampire Diaries' actress Candice Accola stars in The Fray's ?Love Don't Die' video, kisses fiance Joe King ? VIDEO
- 2014 Grammy Awards Nominations: Justin Timberlake, Daft Punk, Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Robin Thicke & Lorde Rise, but Jay Z Rules
- Evelyn Lozada Reveals Dodgers Player Carl Crawford Is the Father of Her Baby
- Marion Cotillard's Tablecloth Couture: Gotta Have It or Make It Stop?