Posts with tag "cnn"
- Posted Jun 2nd 2010 at 06:58 AM by PopEater Staff
Lady Gaga visited 'Larry King Live' via satellite last night, giving an in-depth interview and touching on just about every facet of her career. Gaga, ever the fashion luminary, even mirrored Larry's signature look, donning suspenders and black and white. Introducing Gaga, King dubbed her, "international superstar, style icon, self-proclaimed 'freak.'" The visit was part of CNN's 30th anniversa...
- Posted Jun 1st 2010 at 01:16 PM by Marc Schneider
Does anyone enjoy turning 30? For many people, the milestone brings a sense of dread and that sinking feeling that your best days may be behind you. Well, CNN turns 30 today, and it's hard to imagine they don't feel the same way. Ted Turner's ambitious Cable News Network aired its first broadcast on June 1, 1980, with a report by co-anchors David Walker and Lois Hart. In 2000, the network threw...
- Posted May 19th 2010 at 07:07 AM by PopEater Staff
Campbell Brown is exiting her CNN post, admitting she can't compete with her cable competitors, The New York Times reports. "The simple fact is that not enough people want to watch my program, and I owe it to myself and to CNN to get out of the way so that CNN can try something else. CNN will have to figure out what that is," she wrote in a statement. "Shedding my own journalistic skin to tr...
- Posted Apr 5th 2010 at 01:41 PM by PopEater Staff
MSNBC anchor David Shuster is no stranger to controversy, but sources say the host's latest stunt may earn him more than a slap on the wrist. According to a report by The Huffington Post, Shuster recently filmed a pilot for MSNBC's competitor, CNN. Shuster did not appear on his home network this past Friday and will not appear on MSNBC today, leading some to believe that he may have been fired...
- Posted Jan 15th 2010 at 11:43 AM by Sam Brand
Late night is big news this week. Jimmy Fallon is grabbing headlines today for a bit he dropped that's totally unrelated to the ongoing Conan vs. NBC saga. Ever want to know what it would sound like if Neil Young were to cover Larry Platt's "Pants on the Ground?" Here's your chance. And here's your chance to see what's up with Wyclef Jean's Yele Foundation (Is Tiger pitching in?), as well as catch...
- Posted Nov 4th 2009 at 01:06 PM by Brenna Ehrlich
"Is Anderson Cooper gay?" That's the big question once again circulating around the Web ... only this time it's not so much is he, but who is he dating and why hasn't he come out yet. Last week, Gawker, Page Six and Perez Hilton started buzzing about supposedly closeted Cooper's rumored new beau (who, to be fair, Michael Musto has been blogging about for more than a month), and the glut of atte...
- Posted Sep 28th 2009 at 03:10 PM by PopEater Staff
Speculation is rising that late night talk powerhouse Larry King will be hanging up his 'Live' mic when his current contract with CNN expires in 18 months. If he does retire, which King himself has revealed little interest in doing, there is no shortage of potential successors waiting in the wings. Rumored contenders to take Larry's chair include 'American Idol' host Ryan Seacrest, network a...
Popeater Hot Topics
- The PMAs Red Carpet Was All About the Jumpsuit - See Who Wore One!
- Parents of Accused Colorado Theater Shooter Ask That He Be Sentenced to Life
- Inside Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale's PEOPLE Magazine Awards Date Night
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- New Bill Cosby accuser said she blacked out for two days after comedian drugged her
- PopWatch Confessional: Your best entertainment-related gift
- ?Orange Is the New Black' celebrates Christmas with a Litchfield carol