Posts with tag "coachella"
- Posted Apr 18th 2011 at 11:25 AM by John Mitchell
When Kanye West was announced as the Sunday night headliner at this year's Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., we were dubious, to say the least. In 2008, we were present for his Bonnaroo debacle -- well, kind of. At about 4AM, with the hot Tennessee dawn a little over an hour away, when the crowd started chanting "Kanye sucks" and without any clear indication of when (or...
- Posted Apr 16th 2011 at 01:53 PM by Christine Fenno
- Filed under:
- Music News
Day 1 of Coachella did not end without drama. Helping get the popular California music festival underway, Cee-Lo arrived late at his main-stage gig to face a throng of hot, impatient fans. According to the Los Angeles Times, he told the crowd he only had 20 minutes to perform, and luckily, he was able to get through his smash hit 'F--- You' during his abbreviated Friday afternoon set. But...
- Posted Feb 1st 2011 at 06:29 PM by Jason Newman
Last week, organizers of The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, the popular annual concert held in Indio, Calif., announced that one week after going on sale, all 75,000 VIP and general admission tickets were sold out. According to Paul Tollett, promoter for festival organizer Goldenvoice, it was the fastest sellout in the festival's 12-year history. The denizens of Craigslist,...
- Posted Jan 27th 2011 at 01:45 PM by Matthew Shepatin
With Kanye West set to headline the final night of three-day sold-out music festival Coachella in April, the only question is whether the mercurial rapper/producer/Twitterer will spoil his own big moment. The talented Kanye is sure to give concertgoers a special treat -- though "special" could signify a mind-bogglingly impressive performance or mind-numbingly immature antics. With 'Ye, you...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Former Washington, D.C., Mayor Marion Barry Dies at 78
- How Often Does Leah Remini Chat With Law Enforcement?
- How Kelly Ripa Keeps Her Family Organized the 'Old-Fashioned' Way
- 'Hunger Games' scores year's biggest opening with $123M
- Bill Cosby controversy: A decade in the making
- Robin Williams' son remembers his dad and Christopher Reeve's friendship
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week