Posts with tag "coldplay"
- Posted Apr 9th 2011 at 12:34 PM by Spinner Editors
- Filed under:
Organizers of the 2012 Olympic Games in London want Coldplay to perform the official Olympic song at the opening ceremony. The band, fronted by Chris Martin, tops the list of U.K. music stars in contention for the prestigious gig, and would perform a specially-commissioned 'Welcome Song' for a TV audience in excess of two billion. An inside source told the U.K.'s Daily Mirror, "Chris is at the ...
- Posted Apr 24th 2010 at 10:00 AM by Scott Harris
From the moment 'Saturday Night Live' first appeared back in 1975, it established itself as one of the most important musical venues in the nation. With just two short songs, up-and-coming singers and bands could create an entire career thanks to the buzz that would follow a memorable SNL debut -- performances that in many cases have since become legendary. And that still holds true today: if you'...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 02:54 PM by PopEater Staff
Beyonce and Madonna are the latest stars to flock to Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' telethon, joining some of the biggest names in music in a two-hour multi-network telecast benefiting the survivors of the devastating earthquake. 'Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief' will air on all major networks, featuring stars filmed in multiple locations worldwide. Bruce Springsteen, Stin...
- Posted Jan 21st 2010 at 11:46 AM by Amber James
Celebrities are finding more creative ways to give back to the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. With the help of online downloads, everyone from Rihanna, Linkin Park, Jay-Z and Bono are releasing songs in which all the profits will be donated to relief organizations. In addition, all the music from Friday's 'Hope for Haiti' benefit will be on sale for 99 cents each through iTunes starting Satur...
- Posted Dec 3rd 2009 at 01:11 PM by Sam Brand
Wondering why "League of Extraordinary Dancers," "Jesper Parnevik," "Dubai Tower," "Pleasure P" and "Custer's Revenge" are surging in Google Trends? We can shed some light on the mystery. Google Trends provides the hottest keywords of the hour. Though the results change frequently, at any given time the list offers a snapshot of what's hot in the world of entertainment news. Here's what's steamin'...
- Posted Nov 23rd 2009 at 05:20 PM by Ashley Iasimone
Who: Jay Sean Album: 'All or Nothing' Video: 'Down' Hails From: London For Fans Of: Chris Brown, Craig David Why He's About to Pop: Since embarking on his career in music, Jay Sean has dropped a handful of singles and two albums, and already toured extensively, performing for audiences at sold out shows worldwide. Sean's international success soon caught the attention of US rec...
- Posted Nov 2nd 2009 at 05:45 PM by Ashley Iasimone
Who: Jaicko Album: 'Can I' Video: 'Oh Yeah' Hails From: Barbados For Fans Of: The Dream, Chris Brown Why He's About to Pop: Jaicko's Caribbean-infused pop tunes are just hitting US radio this year, but he's been building his fanbase for years. "I released a number of songs in Barbados," Jaicko told PopEater. "We have two Top 40 radio stations, and I used to get plugged in between Rihann...
- Posted Sep 22nd 2009 at 08:48 AM by PopEater Staff
The seemingly never-ending lawsuit over Coldplay's song 'Vida La Vida' has finally ended. Guitarist Joe Satriani sued the band in December, claiming the band copied "substantial, original portions" of his 2004 song, 'If I Could Fly' in its Grammy-winning hit. According to the Associated Press, a federal judge in Los Angeles dismissed the copyright infringement case at the request of attorneys for ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Aww! Watch Neil Patrick Harris's Twins Sing 'Jingle Bells'
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Jon Hamm Compares the Venue to an Airport
- George Clooney Seduces Elizabeth McGovern on Downton Abbey (VIDEO)
- Stars without the warpaint
- Report: Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden engaged
- Political correctness: Is Hollywood headed for a gloomy future?
- Is Kris Jenner Changing Her Last Name Now That Her Divorce From Bruce Is Finalized?
- Iggy Azalea and Azealia Banks' Racially Fueled Twitter War Gets Nasty: All the Details
- Stephen Colbert Says Goodbye in Style! See The Colbert Report's Celebrity-Filled Finale Sing-Along