Posts with tag "comedy central"
- Posted Mar 27th 2011 at 01:22 PM by Christine Fenno
It was a night off this weekend for 'Saturday Night Live,' as nearly all the funniest folks in show business, 'SNL'-related and otherwise, were trading jokes and picking up prizes at the inaugural Comedy Awards. Producing network Comedy Central expects the awards to be an annual event. The ceremony this weekend was taped for broadcast April 10. No joke: A wealth of comedy stars crowded the red ...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 10:38 AM by Maggie Coughlan
What do you get when Steve Carell, Lewis Black, Ricky Gervais, Tracy Morgan and all of their funniest friends get together for a good cause? Comedy Central's 'Night of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Concert for Autism Education.' Hosted by Jon Stewart, 'Night of Too Many Stars' benefits a variety of autism education and family service programs across the country. 'Night of Too Many Stars' ...
- Posted Oct 3rd 2010 at 08:24 AM by Christine Fenno
Jon Stewart stayed mum during the recent commotion over at CNN, where Rick Sanchez was fired this week (after a six-year career at the network) because of inflammatory -- now infamous -- remarks he made on a satellite radio program about Stewart's ethnicity and upbringing. However, at a fundraiser in New York City last night, the stand-up comic in Stewart couldn't resist making a few cracks ...
- Posted May 7th 2010 at 10:20 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Having already caused a fuss this spring with the depiction of the prophet Muhammad on 'South Park,' Comedy Central revealed it has a cartoon series about Jesus Christ in the works. 'JC' is one of 23 potential series the network said it has in development. It depicts Christ as a "regular guy" who moves to New York to "escape his father's enormous shadow." It wouldn't be the first time Jesus Christ ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Brandi Glanville Apologizes for 'Definitely Inappropriate' Comments to Costar
- President Obama Poses for World Leaders Selfie at Mandela Memorial
- Jennifer Aniston on Turning 45: Life 'Just Gets Better'
- Demi Lovato couldn't go without cocaine for '30 minutes to an hour'
- 1980s Johnny Cash songs, never before heard, getting posthumous release
- Break Time: Bar Refaeli bares all for Elle Spain shoot
- Why I've finally quit watching ?The Voice'
- ?Sons of Anarchy': Jimmy Smits previews the heavy season finale (and lightens up with our Personality Test)
- Why NBC should do ?Cinderella' ? starring Beyonce! ? as next live musical