Posts with tag "comedy central"
- Posted Mar 27th 2011 at 01:22 PM by Christine Fenno
It was a night off this weekend for 'Saturday Night Live,' as nearly all the funniest folks in show business, 'SNL'-related and otherwise, were trading jokes and picking up prizes at the inaugural Comedy Awards. Producing network Comedy Central expects the awards to be an annual event. The ceremony this weekend was taped for broadcast April 10. No joke: A wealth of comedy stars crowded the red ...
- Posted Oct 21st 2010 at 10:38 AM by Maggie Coughlan
What do you get when Steve Carell, Lewis Black, Ricky Gervais, Tracy Morgan and all of their funniest friends get together for a good cause? Comedy Central's 'Night of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Concert for Autism Education.' Hosted by Jon Stewart, 'Night of Too Many Stars' benefits a variety of autism education and family service programs across the country. 'Night of Too Many Stars' premie...
- Posted Oct 3rd 2010 at 08:24 AM by Christine Fenno
Jon Stewart stayed mum during the recent commotion over at CNN, where Rick Sanchez was fired this week (after a six-year career at the network) because of inflammatory -- now infamous -- remarks he made on a satellite radio program about Stewart's ethnicity and upbringing. However, at a fundraiser in New York City last night, the stand-up comic in Stewart couldn't resist making a few cracks abo...
- Posted May 7th 2010 at 10:20 AM by PopEater / Wire Services
Having already caused a fuss this spring with the depiction of the prophet Muhammad on 'South Park,' Comedy Central revealed it has a cartoon series about Jesus Christ in the works. 'JC' is one of 23 potential series the network said it has in development. It depicts Christ as a "regular guy" who moves to New York to "escape his father's enormous shadow." It wouldn't be the first time Jesus Christ...
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Clinton Portrait Contains Hidden Monica Lewinsky Allusion, Artist Nelson Shanks Reveals
- RHOBH's Lisa Rinna on Kim Richards: 'If You Poke a Hornet's Nest, You Are Going to Get Stung'
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich Celebrates His Bachelor Party
- Suge Knight taken to hospital for 3rd time after he fired lawyers
- Bill Murray and Rick Ross hit studio together
- ?Last Man On Earth' has strong premiere
- You'll Never Look at Bill Clinton's Official Portrait the Same Way Again After Artist Drops Monica Lewinsky Shocker
- Sarah Silverman Reveals Boyfriend Michael Sheen's Name for His Penis (and It's Not Master of Sex!)
- Bank of Canada Frowns on Drawing Mr. Spock's Face on $5 Bills...but You Can if You Want To!